Roleplay Rave Thread

Suck up to that special character, player, DM, (insert something else here) in your life!

Moderator: Event DM

Isadora
Scholar

Roleplay Rave Thread

Post by Isadora » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am

Just a continuous thread I wanted to start where we can give compliments and thanks to fellow roleplayers without waiting for RPotM to roll around. We often immensely enjoy roleplaying while it happens but don't think to give credit until much later, or we just don't want to break character.

Maybe you only had one chance to RP with a character or maybe you weren't even participating, just watching them- this is the place to come! DMs have rave threads but characters are part of the event too. This thread is for all of them.

Example:

I really enjoyed the dynamic of the crowd that came with me to the crypt the other night. Selle is usually NOT the one making the rules, she's the one breaking them. Mage characters especially- Myst, Ariana, Ronan and Rens and etc. gave me a chance to be hated. I mean you're the freaking necromancers and you made my undead-killing PC look bad. Do you know how much that means to my character? :twisted:

I also liked that even on what could have been your average dungeon-gathering, Cole and MJ had their own little drama off to the side that reflected past, even unrelated events. That kind of continuation of mental and physical states is something a lot of people forget to RP.

Anyway good job! :applaus:
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
The Dasair
Prince of Bloated Discourse
Timezone: PST or EST

Re: Roleplay Rave Thread

Post by The Dasair » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 am

That whole thing was fun. I wasn't looking for Myst to get dragged off that night, but I'm glad he did, cause that was a neat thing to be pulled into.

Selle was great. I'd only ICly heard of her recently when someone was talking about a Verossan running around without clothes killing things. I hope to play with her more and was glad she put that whole thing together. Her reason for it all was the best part.
Character: Xsaiav'lairnn Mystrif
The Grass is Greener, Avlis Irreverence Awards 2012

Schedule: Here
Plethora
Elder Event DM
Elder Event DM
Timezone: +10
DM Avatar: Verossa

Post by Plethora » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 am

Something I really love, is just character PMs, that dont require an answer, but just let me know whats going on in a PCs head, so with this in mind...

I would like to rave a favorite roleplayer, not for her work IG (which IS very good, yet I dont see her as much as I would like due to timezones) but for her PMs and constant poetry and wonderful scenes of her wandering around the world, when i cannot see her.

silverfields2 for the PC MJ.

I have at least three seperate MJ threads, just to keep all of her things in place, and even though, I rarely DM her at all, MJ is one of the PCs I know best.. she rarely expects an answer to these PMs, just seems content to write them, and give them to me.

Seeing as Im the only person that actually gets to see them
(the threads are in my "Once Upon A Time" plot line forum (yes, the spiritkin plot, has its own forum))
which even most of the dms stay out of.

So yeah.. to silverfields2.. who often, just with her love of avlis, and everyday happiness to be creative and include MJ in the natural swig of things, and...
very often.... just plain makes my day.

To MJ!
Greatest Confounder Ever

<[8)
What does the Fox say?
LadyAwesome
QA Tester
QA Tester
Timezone: GMT +13

Post by LadyAwesome » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

Naw that is so sweet :)
Pia - The Miette Hartley Ribbon for Exceptional Disregard of Allies 2014
silverfields2
Master Sage
Timezone: GMT -5

Post by silverfields2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Ah man, Isadora, you only saw the drama between Cole and MJ? Guess I'll have to try harder, you Ebony mages you. ;)

Plethora :oops: you are an awesome DM to listen to my constant ramblings.

If I were to Rave role players, it would be everyone in my time zone. I meet so few that don't know how to have a good time, even when our characters are opposed.
“Moderation in all things healthful; total abstinence from all things harmful.”
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Trade fair!

Old friends, new friends and old enemies!

And the ones i'm not sure of yet. :)
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
luminance
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Post by luminance » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Trade fair +1.

Last night was hands down the best time I've had on Avlis so far and the best time I've had on NWN/CoPaP in like. Ages. So many people talked to my character, so many people were insanely nice, there were some great dynamics, and I didn't even have to kill any monsters to do it. AWESOME.

EVERYONE WAS GREAT but Rosemary, Del, and Arcadia (ARCADIA THO) made the night for me. :D

Can it just always be the trade fair?
Characters: Miranda Rose, Lueali Myihel, Spider (floaty: Liante), Nymdaer d'Elghinyrr

Kris: Andy is the epitome of compassion and love.
Das: Myst respects Miranda for her knowledge and her rage.

blog
LadyAwesome
QA Tester
QA Tester

Post by LadyAwesome » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 am

Trade fair :) It was nice to spend time with new people, Lue included (was so hillerious rl laughing extravaganza) and Getting to know MJ and Del a bit more. and other odds and ends. Thank you all... PS KYN IS AWESOME and so awkward!
Isadora
Scholar

Post by Isadora » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:08 am

Before I go to bed or forget...

To Daphne, Anwen, Lue, Arik, Cole, Shala, Thorfinn, Ronan, Sasee, Myst Kohav and Nenia and all others in Zvid tonight...

What a fucking AWESOME TIME without any xp! Just 20 questions and Truth or Dare. The roleplay was such a reward in itself. I really loved Arik and Lue's humor and it was good to see an old PC like Shala again. Delicious drama as always with some other folk, and I really missed Kohav, the charmer of Avlis! ;)

I'm definitely bartending for everyone again. Bees is an official Leaping Stag meme.
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
luminance
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Post by luminance » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 am

Latanya, Fabello, Arcadia, and Arik! Last night was cute, thank you for the awesome RP. I was really surprised by that and had a great time. :)

Also: DMs!!! I don't know all the names yet, but I appreciate every single time we've gotten randomly jumped with something, even little things. The elf last night led to a lot of discussion and there was a pretty awesome merchant during the trade fair that I forgot to rave, too. Thanks for the RP encounters!
Characters: Miranda Rose, Lueali Myihel, Spider (floaty: Liante), Nymdaer d'Elghinyrr

Kris: Andy is the epitome of compassion and love.
Das: Myst respects Miranda for her knowledge and her rage.

blog
LadyAwesome
QA Tester
QA Tester

Post by LadyAwesome » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 am

Kyn, kyn kyn kyn kyn..... Why didn't you get second place and how did I steal your lime light. I will never know.

But ever since I joint avlis you have been here and amazing every single time. Thank you!
ColeDayhawk
Scholar of Fools

Post by ColeDayhawk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Belated, for my fellow prisoners of DFL-Olaf. Great stuff out of everyone involved :)
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

ColeDayhawk wrote:Belated, for my fellow prisoners of DFL-Olaf. Great stuff out of everyone involved :)

+1!
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

I think I would like a round of applause for Ariana, who did a masterful job of exiting stage left. :)
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
Kanos
Team Member; Retired with Honors
Timezone: MST-7

Post by Kanos » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 am

Ari was only responding to MJ. Great RP SF2!
Player of Ariana|Quin|Jenai|& Elainee
"The world is hateful and Cruel, But let's save its ass anyway. It is better than being bored." Rook Bartlet Invid Invasion
Skype -- wifey5122@hotmail.com
Shadottie
Squire of Babble
Timezone: MST

Post by Shadottie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Adventure in Deglos last night was a ton of fun, sad I had to leave early!! Oly, Skrike, Von, Spider, and Lachlan were all great, and wonderful for putting up with my big dumb pup, gnoll!

Lets have some more fun adventuring again, someday!
Characters: Nenia De'juun, Ar'kurk Yiraurkraurk, Lowell, Dimehn Twarsharren
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm

To my fellow watchers on the hill!

*Throws a snowball*
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:06 pm

silverfields2 wrote:To my fellow watchers on the hill!

*Throws a snowball*

Oh, and even the bird brain. :D }8)
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
DarknessFallsLight

Post by DarknessFallsLight » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 pm

silverfields2 wrote:To my fellow watchers on the hill!

*Throws a snowball*
Hah, yeah, that was a blast to everyone who stopped by. I have a new found respect for cops staking out a place.
Here's to a long life and a merry one, a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and an honest one, a cold pint and another one!
The Dasair
Timezone: PST or EST

Post by The Dasair » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Gonna have to rave Latanya here for an awesome unexpected outing yesterday. :D

My derpy elf could barely keep up (even though he was supposed to be the tourguide), but it was a lot of fun, even if lizard halfs were being ported around, beach islands were playing hard to get, and there was a bit too much crab on the menu. :wink:

A lot of the emotes and the dashes of chaos Latanya threw around made it great, I just wish Myst had been a little quicker to react to it all. Silly slow paced elves.

:feuer: :betrunken:
Character: Xsaiav'lairnn Mystrif
The Grass is Greener, Avlis Irreverence Awards 2012

Schedule: Here
silverfields2
Master Sage

Post by silverfields2 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Eowin, Finn, Cole, Arcadia and Ariana. Awesome time wandering the abandoned platforms and saving the mellow!
― Xenophon (1564–1642)
DarknessFallsLight

Post by DarknessFallsLight » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm

To all the people on Elysia last night! Watching everyone work together like that instead of people trying to be save the day heros? Badassness to the max! It was a real treat to watch you all in action.
Here's to a long life and a merry one, a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and an honest one, a cold pint and another one!
RCon
CCC
CCC

Post by RCon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:02 pm

DarknessFallsLight wrote:To all the people on Elysia last night! Watching everyone work together like that instead of people trying to be save the day heros? Badassness to the max! It was a real treat to watch you all in action.
Yeah, last night's action was awesome! The mages were brilliant in buffing others, and Cole plays the leader perfectly.
Latanya

Post by Latanya » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:59 pm

I have to rave everyone i met and hung out with last night. Myst, for being bruised and awkward, Eowin, Fabello for saying that one thing about kassha birthing himself, Ronan for going down into the underdark with Lat and facing a dragon then running away in pure panic and later talking mage talk about rebuilding arms and reconstructing runes, Archibald for great rp with transmutation, Ariana - fixing the ferrell badger marks on Tom, Tom for lying there, Others that were there - you made me laugh. More into the night; Cole for being Cole, Saman- the rp of being side swiped in the middle of your informative report and learning about a lich was priceless.. I can go on but I have a horrible memory. Just know i loved it all. thank you. :)
In Service to the Red Order of the Flame,
Latanya Perizada Noss'tau
Great Mage of Internal Affairs
l1t3r
Scholar

Post by l1t3r » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm

A shout out to the Elysia crypt folk last night! Seylek and Ronan, you two were awesome, thanks for leading the discussions on the undead! I was counting on at least one of you being there for it. :wink:

And for the newb mages who so inquisitively picked the brains of the know-it-alls, I'm looking forward to seeing your characters progress!

And, of course, Latanya!
<Grunt> "Vesdrac 25:17.... the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by ME." *keels*