Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 am

Links Menu

Let's just get a formal ruling on this so the argument stops

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Deider » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:48 pm

Oh they're all evil, no doubt about it. But can't the same be said of the orcs? Sure, Valok's the god of politics, but can't we all agree that that's pure evil? :wink:

Now I really wish I could remember where Orleron posted what he said, because it was phrased better than I could put it. But I'm pretty sure all the nine major races, while not straight-up friendly, are on 'not kill each other on sight' terms. I just assumed the lizardmen in T'Nashi were religious fanatics or slavers. Of course, I could be all wrong - I really only know what I'm talking about when it comes to gnomes :D

PS - and yes, thank god there are no drow or duerger - what a bunch of cheesy hosebeasts. 'I'm just like your standard elf or dwarf, just with a bunch of other kickass abilities and gear that nobody else can use because it freaking melts outside of where we live.' That's like the lich - just when you thought the most badass undead had been invented, someone comes along and makes the.... demilich. What a cheesy floating skull hosebeast.

*ducks under a pile of coats*
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Vanor » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:12 pm

I haven't been out with a mage in a party lately, but did something change?

You should get hit by AoE spells, no matter what, party member or not, like or dislike. A mage drops a fireball near you, you'll get blown up. It shouldn't matter a bit what your like/dislike setting is.

The only thing this should effect, is spells that only target hostles, like isacs or chain lightning.

I think that even with Orleron gone, we got enough staff opinions on this, that a rulling has been giving.

This is quite possablity the worst idea of all the really bad idea's I've heard since I started playing on Avlis. There's no IC reason to do this, and no valid OOC reason either.
Vanor
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Re: Let's just get a formal ruling on this so the argument s

PostAuthor: Alexandru Stanicu » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:15 pm

Alexandru Stanicu wrote:There is no need that I can see for this, and until Orl & Silk make a ruling on it, the answer is NO.

-Alex

let me re-state that.

Unless Orl or Silk Overrule me, the answer is NO.

-Alex
I ain't as good as I once was, But I'm as good once as I ever was...

:devil: 4evar!
Alexandru Stanicu
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST
DM Avatar: The Hammer

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:19 pm

Vanor wrote:
This is quite possablity the worst idea of all the really bad idea's I've heard since I started playing on Avlis.

well-said. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Vergilius

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: Glocknal » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:26 pm

Another thin to remember is that many spells with passive effects only work against hostiled characters. i.e. Greater Sanctuary.

Glok
Glocknal

Timezone: GMT-4

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion