Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Very happy I gave Avlis another go

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Very happy I gave Avlis another go

PostAuthor: bolo » Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:57 am

I've been tinkering around off and on with Avlis for quite some time.The ideas were really cool,but for awhile there it didn't realy seem there was a whole lot to do in the game,it seemed pretty boring a lot of the time,and there never seemed to be anyone playing when I was.And the lag was horific for me at least.
But the other day I was looking for a server to play on again,and I thought of Avlis(I've also been playing the NWN:UO server).
So after starting yet another character I was once again in the city of Mikona.What a difference a month makes.For the last two days I've gotten a great connection,there are people on that I can play with,and well I can't say enough good things about the game.
I'm reminded a little bit of my early days of playing UO in the wee hours of the morning,knowing full well that I had to get to sleep,but just not able to pull away from the game and the people I'm playing with.
Silk,Orleron,and everybody else,thanks for making this server and this world.I am having the time of my life..
Hope I'm not gushing too much,it's late and I'm exhausted but I wanted to jump on the board and write something.
My half orc druid Val Trueshaft got the chance to face some danger with new friends tonight( and with folks who actually role play a bit,how cool is that?).Even though it was hard and I died more times than I care to admit,it was very cool.
Thanks again folks..
*resists the urge to log back in and play some more*
Must...sleep....

bolo
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Silk » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:22 pm

For me, this kind of feedback is what makes it all worth it.

Thanks Bolo. We work pretty hard to improve things all the time cause we love doing it.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

Teary Eyed...

PostAuthor: Jorio Alerian » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:34 pm

I too share your sentiments my friend. When I first arrived, I was warmly greeted by many characters; and, was given a crash course, by no other than Narin, on the art of roleplaying. It has been over a week now, and I do not think I have heard (seen) the word "dude" at any time.

The people on the Avlis servers really make this special. The more veteran players have really taken the extra effort to include my character on many quests- some were begun simply to help advance my character.

Last night, Jorio, Yvarra and Zig hit the Mikona Crypts and Sewers, putting my level 3 cleric through some very tough trials- especially the Vampire Warriors. We were up to 3:00am, and I could have gone on more but new the sleep bug would have me the next day. Now, I can't wait to log on and begin another adventure.

My point is that you (Avlis Team) have a great thing going here, and I thank you for the experience!
Jorio Alerian
Sage

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:20 pm

This is great to hear guys. It is what we work for. :)
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

I couldn't agree more.

PostAuthor: Actually » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:39 pm

As one of the brave, if foolhardy, souls who fought and bled next to Val Trueshaft last night, I'd also like to go on record as saying Avlis is a first rate and highly entertaining world!

I've had great fun just running around Mikona reading up on the nature of magic and the techniques of blacksmithing. But when myself, Rondell, Val Trueshaft w/ his gentle companion Chab the bear, and Daisuke and her panther Nimat followed Thump into those forbidding caverns of ice I was officialy hooked. The fact that we got slaughtered doesn't dampen my enthusiasm one bit! *Grin*

If the position is open, I nominate Thump as the Official Mikona Welcome Party. He led a group of newb's into a meat grinder, and he pulled us back out again. The incident of the wildflowers was so out-of-the-blue but TOTALLY in character it made me resent the heck out of the fact I knew I had to go cook dinner directly and was going to have to log off b4 I wanted to.

I'm duly impressed by the work of the Avlis Team. You folks will be seeing an application for Jerry Cornelius to become a full-time character in the very near future. Thanks so much for having this open house period to get to know this great PW.

Jerry Cornelius, Bona-Fide Adventurere Extraordinaire. *grin*

PS: Just so this isn't too gushy of a post, I got 2 tiny complaints.... First one is about that Noble in T'Nashi (sp?) who ran up and stabbed me for no reason within my first 5 minutes of the game. I'm just glad no guards were around to see the outcome of that. *grin* Second complaint is... While I realize "Limbo" is the official etheric plane attached to my alignment in AD&D, in character I don't think Jerry Cornelius would be the kind of person to see an unending stretch of little pillars of rock with Baalors on 'em that keep slaughtering him over and over as anything other than pure, unadulterated Hell. As I said to Daisuke in character, "I hardly feel individualism merits demonic retribution in the afterlife!"
Everything I need to know in life, I learned from being an alcoholic.

Actually
Sage

To Val, in paticular:

PostAuthor: Actually » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:42 pm

Val Trueshaft, you saved me from death that day. I'm sorry my healing skills weren't up to the task of returning the favor. I owe you one, and I'd be happy to brave the wilds with you again any time.

Jerry Cornelius, Man of Action

Actually
Sage

Takes one to know one

PostAuthor: choraldances » Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:31 am

The same may be said about you "newbies," because personally, I believe that it takes one good roleplayer to know a good roleplaying world. Jorio, I had the brief chance of grouping with you, and in character, I bumped into you (Godien). It's good to see new faces, and its even better to see a good roleplayer to come on line.
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: bolo » Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:27 am

Val was happy to do it.He's not a big fan of most huumies,but he'd go on a trip with you or Thump any day.
I definitely need to find other ways of making money though.Those healie potions and bandies are expensive after awhile.And I never did find little Jerto again.I think someone clomped him or kidnapped him.
This server really brings back fond memories of early UO for me,when just getting by was hard,and people needed each other to survive,let alone buy a house,etc...

bolo
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: est -5 gmt

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion