M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

XP Code Changes III: Chuck Norris Returns!

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: chilingsworth » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:17 pm

*falls out of chair laughing*

I'll second that ouch!
The sweetest obession
to keep me awake
sleep loss entailed
by the love that we make.

Don't spawn me a lover
Don't spam me with choclates
just return my affections
or just set me free

pstanton wrote:I think it is time to stop bickering like children and find a way to release Gurth from the Seal in such a way that people like Grag don't have collective heart failure.

Player of Grag Tharashk
chilingsworth
Scholar

PostAuthor: Tigg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 am

What I sort of feel like? Is that there's never been a genuine chance for consideration of the true effect of the exp changes. This is because, the expression of concerns over those changes has never really died down from when the initial change was made. The effect is for all such expressions of concerns about it up to this point, to have remained lumped into the 'initial reaction to change' category, from the standpoint of how those concerns are viewed. Furthermore, we the playerbase are still in the phase of adjusting ourselves to this change.

I know I have no right to ask this, and obviously no power to enforce it, but to me what would work best for all sides, is just to have some sort of moratorium on discussion of the issue for like six weeks or so. This would allow both reactiveness and defensiveness to die down as well as giving a nice timeframe for adjustment and effect-gaging, and also a break from this debate (which no doubt would be most welcome for some). After letting things settle for awhile, everything could be viewed from a much clearer perspective.

:) Anyways just a thought. :)
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
Tigg
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Deider » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:18 pm

To the players of campers, epics, camping epics, and epic campers: You win. I quit.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Talwin Hawkins » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:23 pm

? :(
Talwin Hawkins
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: loki70 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:27 pm

Mostly due to number crunchers who don't understand or underestimate the amount of time, thought, and effort that went into this. Can't say I am blameless. Sorry if I said something out of line, Deider. *sighs*
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Naieth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm

Shame, D-man.

I have been going to places in parties with my character (level 6) and he gains more then before, it seems.

And the stacks of potions are great!
Naieth
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Deider wrote:To the players of campers, epics, camping epics, and epic campers: You win. I quit.

:evil: your still the more important, more well known D. Thanks for all the effort you put in even though you DIDNT have to

The lesser D
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm

I love the New Jerto. :D

Shame you got burned out too quickly, Deider. Some of the heat you got here was uncalled for, some was probably meant more constructive than you took it, whatever the arguments it's good for you to take a break when you start to hate it.
Not sure what kind of responses you had expected (not wished for, but expected), but i hope you will be back after a general cool-down. :? :)

Be safe, and strength to you. You did a very tough job and i think it worked out mostly well, with some issues but most is awesome. You created more alcoholics than anyone else... 8)
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
Khaelindra
Contributor

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: TripleAught » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Sounds like Deider got all the feedback he needed about the XP changes.
The Texas Meet 2007 wrote:Come over here and take off your pants.

The Texas Meet 2010 wrote:I can't unhear that.
TripleAught
World Leader
World Leader

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion