Total players: 4
Gallery
  • Ferrell - DM Field Day
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Feasibility of Mass Destruction

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Feasibility of Mass Destruction

PostAuthor: Dralix » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:31 pm

How possible is it for a PC to do some serious damage to Avlis? Suppose someone wanted blow up Fanos' shop? Or torch a section of the T'Nanshi forest? Something that would have a major impact on the world and require developer updates of some kind?

Are these kind of things possible given proper IC justification, fleshing, and RPing? Or is it simply too much work to do, even as part of a major plot like the war or something?

Just curious, not thinking of blowing up any shops or burning forests or anything ... yet

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: FunkOdyssey » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:33 pm

:twisted:
FunkOdyssey
Sage

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:49 pm

*gets a dreamy look in his eye and sighs*

Wouldn't I love this. Instantaneous changes are hard though. ALso big changes are too. It is a function of man power when it comes down to it. Get me a couple more area builders, train them in Avlis building systems as well as educate them on any scripts and quests tied to the areas involved, and then yah, we'll blow up/burn down/curse as much land as you want.

As of right now, changes take time, but we as a team ARE trying to give you the players a greater effect on the backdrop of the world. The main focus in enabling that right now on the team boards has been with npc's. Existing NPCs should be playing a role (and played upon) even more in these upcoming months. As said, area changes take time, we do want to do this though, the tree in planted in Deglos is one recent example. Major Kudos to players, dms, and builders involved.
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Melakin Skywieder » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:40 pm

Just curious, not thinking of blowing up any shops or burning forests or anything ... yet

Get out the ledger and puts an asterick beside Dralix name :twisted: :lol:
If money it the root of all evil, I want to be a bad man!

Melakin Skywieder
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Dralix » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:44 pm

Be sure you make that an OOC asterisk so you make sure you get the right character. ;)

EDIT: Now that I look at that, it doesn't make much sense the way it's written. :(

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: choraldances » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:08 pm

What twigs said is exactly right.

It's an ooc staffing problem, not ic justifications.

We'll need more area builders and managers to do this.
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Reinstag » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:47 pm

I was part of one plot line that ended with several caverns in the warrens of M'Chek being changed because of the very complete job of destruction our PCs did. The reason this was done was the DM who built the areas was also the DM running the plot. He decided that the RP done and the totality of destruction we caused was enough to warrant c achange in the maps.

I ~think~ the same was done to the Mistress' lair when we went in and killed her a month or so ago, but I haven't been back there since, haven't had an IC reason to...till recently.

*heads off to check on ALL his old enemies*
Thankfully, my dad had a stroke. - Unnamed Hostess

http://silver-spire.com
Reinstag
Sage

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team