M'Chek - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Total players: 8
Gallery

Links Menu

age requirement

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

age requirement

PostAuthor: Valnagrad » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:27 pm

why is there an age requirement, i can kinda understand how you would like mature people in the game, and you wouldnt want a parent to walk by there child and see someone cussin up a storm, i just say if the parent dosent like it the kid can stay off the server, if there not mature that can always be banned... but by haveing an age limit you tore out my hopes of finding a nice roleplay and well built server that can be extreamly fun... just because im 15, i mean i'v seen much much worce things in real life, and anything i could see on there i'v probly already seen in another server.... :cry:

Valnagrad

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:42 pm

There is an age requirement to:

1) Promote a good RP atmosphere (older people tend to be marginally more mature than younger ones :wink: )
2) To prevent lawsuits (there are mature situations in-game, and they don't want lawsuits because someone sees them)

It is possible to play on Avlis if you are under 16 if Orl has written documentation of parental approval (I think that's what he needs anyway). E-mail him for details.
Gilkin> ouch. how often do you roll a 20?
Cath> once every 20 rolls?
Titanium Dragon
Sage

PostAuthor: Heronimous Fox » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:18 pm

As Orleron is on PHD sabaticle may be best to send to twigs or silk.

god i need to learn to spell
Use Gnome Machine Time, support your local gnome
Unoffical supporter of the unoffical sponsor of Nirika
Manuel the White wrote: Just do a search for "you are going to die motherfucker" and you'll probably find it.

Player of: Heronimous Fox - politician and diplomat; Nia D'Joon - knitter and midwife; Zavnuk - Dubunat pastry chef and racontuer 'Flambes a speciality'; Deek Kurandas - "I taught everything Zach nose", seeker of Mistys secret passage and best friend of Krack Hamster
Heronimous Fox
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: Strangg » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Plain and simply put it is to protect ourselves, nothing more and nothing less. If it was for maturity reasons we'd have to turn down hundreds of players from ages 16 to 60.

Maturity has very little to do with age, and nothing to do with our age requirement.

~S
Fighters do it face to face, Rogues may do it from behind, Rangers can do it from a distance, Wizards do it from out of nowhere, Clerics may not do it at all, Barbarians may do it in a rage, Sorcerers can do it on a whim, Bards on a note, but Paladins have to pay for it!

"You have a way with words... like a sage with a two-by-four" ~ Ava
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team