Elysia - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Trapcrafting and Knowledge

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Trapcrafting and Knowledge

PostAuthor: Isadora » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Avlis' trapcrafting system is very cool but very few people use it. It can be more expensive and time-consuming than crafting wands, with even less of a return- a one-use trap, most of which have 1 target and incredibly low DCs that would only be useful to a lowbie, but most lowbies wouldn't be able to afford the materials in the first place.

Compared to the skills needed for alchemy and wandmaking, there's also very little "craft trap" gear available for this system, especially considering the skill is not easy to invest in and doesn't benefit from its classes main ability, which is usually dex for rogues and rangers (Craft trap is INT, comparing it to the frequency of classes putting points into lore and spellcraft).

Additionally, most of the higher recipes are not known, even after I and others have spent a year or more searching and experimenting. I've tried hard to "FOIG" from other players but even they have no clue about some of the recipes. I'd love to be able to teach trap crafting to others, but combined with the lack of IG knowledge and high expense, it's not as useful or enjoyable as it should be.

What I'm asking for is:
-Trapcrafting supply prices to be lowered in stores
-More gear with "craft trap" skill to be sold or dropped
-If approved by the team, a DM with time who is willing to possess a "Trap Master NPC" and roleplay lessons with my rogue character, and others, to teach the higher-level crafting recipes which have eluded dedicated trap crafters for YEARS. Edit: doesn't even have to be a plot or an on-going thing, just once!

I and the others would of course pass on the knowledge gradually, through other equally dedicated rogues and trap crafters.

Trap tactics are something I'd like to see used more in dungeons and DM events- as well as by solo rogues in general. If we could encourage trap crafting and its use we'd see more rogue-y fun and be able to use a custom avlis system that was worked so hard on in the past.
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
Isadora
Scholar

Re: Trapcrafting and Knowledge

PostAuthor: nihprodne » Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 pm

+Lots
NO!!!
nihprodne
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: MT

Re: Trapcrafting and Knowledge

PostAuthor: Shiba_Ujimitsu » Sun May 05, 2013 12:33 am

Who would be still interested in a small get together for a training/practice session?

Shiba_Ujimitsu
Squire of Babble

Timezone: CST

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team