M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

XP Code and Cap Change (esp for Lowbies)

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

XP Code and Cap Change (esp for Lowbies)

PostAuthor: Isadora » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

I know I'm not the only one who has expressed a want for the code to change. Don't get me wrong, I do love how the cap forces players to find other xp avenues such as quests, but many of them require excessive solo'ing just to run back and forth to find, or require money- taking away roleplay time. Once a cap is reached I also see an increase in people changing characters, simply because of the xp they expect to get or not get, even if it might be an OOC action for that character to go.

What does the team think of:

-Adjusting it for lowbies to raise the cap-per-week amount (when I say lowbies I mean anyone under 10). Rather than plateauing at level 6 in 2-3 days and taking months for the next few levels.
-Additionally, for characters of all levels, create a 'soft cap' that extends afterwards, giving only 1-2 xp per kill until it resets?
-Adding an option, regardless of an edit to the code, to "stop all incoming xp" for those who don't want any or don't want to level. (accessible via crafting menu)

Or possibly:
-Removing the cap altogether, with adjustments made for corresponding crafting.

Personally after much thought, I like the idea of a 'soft cap' better rather than a removal altogether. I do want to encourage other players to find the dozens of xp quests Avlis has worked so hard to put in that don't require dungeoning- but also still be able to enjoy the "game and xp" aspect of a dungeon if they get invited. However I do want to represent the people who want the cap taken away.
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
Isadora
Scholar

Re: XP Code and Cap Change (esp for Lowbies)

PostAuthor: rshampshire » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:31 pm

*posted team side for discussion*
Belkar says "If in doubt, set something on fire"
http://www.youtube.com/rshampshire
http://www.myspace.com/richhampshire
rshampshire
Team Member; Retired with Honors

DM Avatar: O Ma

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team