Underdark - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

corrupted character?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

corrupted character?

PostAuthor: Bane TooVall » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey Team,

My PC just took his first level in Sorcerer @ level 10. However, when I pull up my spell list/slots, my slot lists disapears and I can see my spells but I cannot prepare any. Is my character corrupted? What should I do? Thanks.

FYI, this is my second spell casting class, I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Gamespy Name: geekgod123
character: Malek Le'on

Bane TooVall
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Re: corrupted character?

PostAuthor: Olaf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Lets talk about the great Arcane market!
Wizard: Imagine you have a XTRA BIG SHOPPING CART, it can hold a SHIT TON OF SPELLS. You go into the store that has a whole variety of awesome. The walls are showered in a colorful array of whatever you want. Whatever you place in your cart.. you may only cast once. 1 grape flavored spell = 1 grape flavored spell cast. 2 = 2, 3 = 3 and so on. When you open the arcane bag of om noms you're a prissy bitch that has pre-selected what you are going to eat and can not change it until you go back to the mother-fu*kin market. (Has a spellbook)

Now..

Sorcerer: Imagine a normal sized shopping cart, it can barely fit 30 spells inside it. But you have an awesome club card that lets you into this small section where what you want is in BULK but conveniently the size of a normal package to help with the size of your cart. When you get these spells you can rip open their bag and keep shoveling your face with their arcane goodness. The down side? You're stuck with what you grabbed at the Arcane Market and forced to eat it over and over and over again.. Once in awhile (after you level) you can go back to the market and switch out your om nom spells for a different variety. (Doesn't have a spellbook and is actually located "inside you" - Blood)

In conclusion, You're not bugged.
Always be yourself... unless you can be a Unicorn. Then always be a Unicorn.
Olaf
Team Member; Retired with Honors

DM Avatar: Titania

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Sorcerors do not prepare spells. You choose spells on level-up and only those spells are available to you. Just drag them from your spell book to your quick bar (or right click on the quick bar and navigate to the spell you want). After that you can cast the spell by left clicking on its quick bar icon.

If you have 10 CHA or less you will not be able to cast sorc spells.
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Bane TooVall » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 am

of course! Duh me! I didnt realize the game mechanic was just drop to them to your quickslot. Thanks for the quick and helpful responses to a dumb question!

Bane TooVall
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team