M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Do we need our emote wands any more?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Do we need our emote wands any more?

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:22 pm

Now that we have the crafting dialer replaced with our emote functions, is there actually any reason to keep the wand?
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: TiVO25 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:36 pm

I realize this is ask the team, but I'd thought I'd drop a quick reply - a few nights ago at a meeting in Deglos, several there found it easier (and some in fact the only possible way) to sit in the chairs with the wand than the crafting version.
TiVO25
Sage

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:52 pm

TiVO25 wrote:I realize this is ask the team, but I'd thought I'd drop a quick reply - a few nights ago at a meeting in Deglos, several there found it easier (and some in fact the only possible way) to sit in the chairs with the wand than the crafting version.

I think this is a Bug and just temporary.

Wands are not given out any more - but AFAIK, you are welcome to use them if you wish - or the Radial Thingy - whichever you prefer. The Radial gives more options and I don't think it does the 'arms outstretched action'.

Being old-fashioned, I still like to use the Emote Wand - but the Radial is getting to me, slowly. :wink:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Tissa » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:37 pm

I will have that fixed for version 2.3 (it would help me if you could fill out a bug report and add it to http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=50737)

as far as I know that is the last reported bug that I haven't fixed, everything else should be fixed in version 2.2.

I have other new things to add but I would like to make sure all of the fixes are verified and closed in the bug tracker.

As a note you can put the emote radial in a quick slot and use it just like the emote wand... or you can bring it up from the number pad as stated in this thread ...
I will not kill or hurt any living creature needlessly, nor destroy any beautiful thing,
but will strive to save and comfort all gentle life, and guard and protect all natural beauty that surrounds me
Tissa
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: CPU » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:20 am

I was with you Nighthawk. I was pretty resistent to giving up that emote wand. I thought I would never give it up. I planned to keep it actually and not use the radial at all. But then I tried the radial.

The first thing I LOVE is that you don't have to make that casting posture while using the radial. It just quietly displays the normal emote wand menu for you to make your choice. RESULT: Your character's actions look much, much better in game.

The second thing is that all the options on the wand are on the radial dial (and a couple of extras too). So, I'm just waiting until everything is completely updated and then I'm burning that ooc thing in a fire. Great work Tissa. I never would have thought something like that would have been such a benefit. It's seamless!

Glad we have folks in Avlis who have the foresight and ability to work on these sorts of things.
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:22 am

To answer the question plainly and simply:

No, you no longer need your emote wands.

Vergilius

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: Eldar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:03 am

I also realize that this is ask the team, but I just want to add that if your character travel to for example Rockhome, the radial won't work, and you have to use the emote wand. So if you plan to go outside Avlis then I might suggest to keep the wand.

/Eldar
Eldar
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: dougnoel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:58 pm

Eldar wrote:I also realize that this is ask the team, but I just want to add that if your character travel to for example Rockhome, the radial won't work, and you have to use the emote wand. So if you plan to go outside Avlis then I might suggest to keep the wand.

/Eldar

Or you could petition your favorite friendly CoPaP server to implement the emote radial. The code is up and available for them to download and easy to install.

dougnoel

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team