Server Totals
M'Chek - (2)
Wilderness - (2)
Mikona - (1)
Ferrell - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Emote wand without the casting move?

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Emote wand without the casting move?

PostAuthor: Elesil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 pm

It's really great that you can have all those extra emotes using the emote wand. However, I just realized today that I never use them, because of the annoying "casting move" when you click on the wand.

Obviously it's not a problem at all when I'm trying to save my location & character. But when I'm in the middle of RPing I find it kind of disturbing. What do you guys think?

I used to play on another PW before where they had a similar emote wand and if you pressed 0-4-8 (on your keyboard) you were able to use the emote wand without the casting move...

Is there any way to use the emote wand without the casting move on Avlis? If not, I think it would be worth to fix it.

But if I'm the only one disturbed by this then just forget this post. Avlis is already the best PW ever made! :)
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:58 pm

I think this all goes away with the new system that Tissa made for Avlis, doesn't it? If you use the crafting menu for your emotes, I don't think you see that casting action at all. Just another reason why the new emote system rocks!! :D
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
User avatar
Malathyre
Sage
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Location: Michigan, U.S.A. (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Glocknal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:59 pm

Mistcaller is working on a wandless emote system using the disabled crafting system, and it appears to work pretty good on Mikona so far...so yes it looks like the silly casting move will become a thing of the apst.

Glok
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...
User avatar
Glocknal
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Gainesville, Florida (EST)
Timezone: GMT-4

PostAuthor: Elesil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:04 pm

Malathyre wrote:I think this all goes away with the new system that Tissa made for Avlis, doesn't it? If you use the crafting menu for your emotes, I don't think you see that casting action at all. Just another reason why the new emote system rocks!! :D


Is this new emote system already in use? How can you use the crafting menu for emotes? :shock: Sorry, maybe I missed something.
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: Melindha » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Elesil wrote:Is this new emote system already in use? How can you use the crafting menu for emotes? :shock: Sorry, maybe I missed something.


It is in Elysia, and I've heard it's been in Mikona for a while. The rest of the servers you'd just have to try it.

The question of how is simple, right-click on an empty quick-slot and then use the radial menu to get to the crafting icon. When you want to emote, click and enjoy! (OK, that's probably not the "how" that you meant, but that's the only one I can explain.)
User avatar
Melindha
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:49 pm
Location: So. California (GMT -7)

PostAuthor: Elesil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:39 pm

Melindha wrote:
Elesil wrote:Is this new emote system already in use? How can you use the crafting menu for emotes? :shock: Sorry, maybe I missed something.


It is in Elysia, and I've heard it's been in Mikona for a while. The rest of the servers you'd just have to try it.

The question of how is simple, right-click on an empty quick-slot and then use the radial menu to get to the crafting icon. When you want to emote, click and enjoy! (OK, that's probably not the "how" that you meant, but that's the only one I can explain.)


Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thanks. :)

I just tried it in Le'Or and it worked. However, my character didn't do anything when I clicked on drink or read... weird.

Also, can you save your location and character using the crafting icon? I clicked on it and I didn't get the usual massage that my "character and location was saved successfully"....
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: chupacabra » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:35 pm

another great use for the crafting radial is rolling dice, the nice colorful text is great for when you suspect someone may be cheating on their roll -- not that anyone would ever do that of course.

And, even better-- you can roll multiple dice at once, so a good game of craps can be played instead of the emote wands one die at a time thing. Just dont play craps with psions and you'll be fine.

:)
User avatar
chupacabra
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 7:25 pm

PostAuthor: Nightface » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:20 pm

Heh, this is classic. You mentioned a system used on another PW, and everybody told you how to use Avlis' new system...

and they're the exact same thing.

0-4-8 on the numberpad brings up the radial menu and selects the craft system. This is also what I was referring to in the thread that discussed the new system, and I described a number of key sequences to use BW's emotes without having to click. (0-7-6 for a Greeting, 0-7-4 for Goodbye, etc.)

It cracks me up when stuff like this happens! :lol:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
-Adam Savage of Mythbusters

"You can hear what's on my lips,
But you don't know what's on my mind"
-Nellie McKay, from the song, Sari
User avatar
Nightface
Sage
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostAuthor: Chemical-Burn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:22 am

Does anyone know if the save character works off the new emotes? I never get a server message like i do wit the wand.

Chemical-Burn
Scholar
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:42 am
Location: McMinnville, OR GMT-8 (-7)
Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: Mistcaller » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:22 am

Chemical-Burn wrote:Does anyone know if the save character works off the new emotes? I never get a server message like i do wit the wand.

It does not work. It will soon.
User avatar
Mistcaller
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Athens, Greece (GMT +2)

PostAuthor: Elesil » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:54 am

Nightface wrote:Heh, this is classic. You mentioned a system used on another PW, and everybody told you how to use Avlis' new system...

and they're the exact same thing.

0-4-8 on the numberpad brings up the radial menu and selects the craft system. This is also what I was referring to in the thread that discussed the new system, and I described a number of key sequences to use BW's emotes without having to click. (0-7-6 for a Greeting, 0-7-4 for Goodbye, etc.)

It cracks me up when stuff like this happens! :lol:


Actually, I did try to use the emote wand by pressing 0-4-8 on the numpad couple of weeks ago and it didn't work. I guess this new system fixed that too.
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: Nightface » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:43 am

Ok, that's even wierder. If your NumLock was off, I think that would affect things. I know I've used it on Avlis before the last few weeks, so maybe it was just some odd glitch. I know, I know, 'tis blasphemy to even suggest that NWN may have bugs, but let's face reality... :wink:

Seriously, the NumLock would be my suspect if you couldn't use the numberpad in the past.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
-Adam Savage of Mythbusters

"You can hear what's on my lips,
But you don't know what's on my mind"
-Nellie McKay, from the song, Sari
User avatar
Nightface
Sage
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostAuthor: Elesil » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:53 am

If I remember well something else came up instead of the emotes when I pressed 0-4-8 couple of weeks ago. So my numlock was definitely on. But it really doesn't matter... It's finally working properly.

By the way, how come I can't use the read and drink emotes? My char does nothing when I click on them... :?:
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: Melindha » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:29 pm

The new emote system has been working in Mikona for a while now, and only recently on the rest of the servers, to my knowledge. Nightface, maybe you were using it on Mikona and Elesil was trying it elsewhere?
User avatar
Melindha
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:49 pm
Location: So. California (GMT -7)

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:35 pm

Elesil wrote:If I remember well something else came up instead of the emotes when I pressed 0-4-8 couple of weeks ago. So my numlock was definitely on. But it really doesn't matter... It's finally working properly.

By the way, how come I can't use the read and drink emotes? My char does nothing when I click on them... :?:


There are still a few bugs to iron out.. patience.
User avatar
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:42 am
Location: GMT

PostAuthor: Elesil » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:24 pm

Melindha wrote:The new emote system has been working in Mikona for a while now, and only recently on the rest of the servers, to my knowledge. Nightface, maybe you were using it on Mikona and Elesil was trying it elsewhere?


That could be the reason... because I was trying to use it in Le'Or.

Actually I was asking about the missing read and drink emotes because I thought I was doing something wrong... I'm totally patient... :wink: :D
User avatar
Elesil
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in Europe (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: Tissa » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:31 pm

Elesil wrote:By the way, how come I can't use the read and drink emotes? My char does nothing when I click on them... :?:


@Elesil: If it isn't too much trouble submit a bug report as well, that way I can keep track of this. (and if you can state exactly what menu you called it from, information about your character, the server you tried it on... that would be helpful). I have fixed all the other reported bugs in v1.0 and put the fixes in v1.1. The fix for this may go into v1.2.
I will not kill or hurt any living creature needlessly, nor destroy any beautiful thing,
but will strive to save and comfort all gentle life, and guard and protect all natural beauty that surrounds me
User avatar
Tissa
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:19 am
Location: Southern California

PostAuthor: LordPsycho » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:07 pm

With subraces I'm sure someone has put a new 'spell.2da' into it. There's an entry in there called 'onuse' or something you can actualy change and or remove those animations if you wish on all 'onuse' items.

Problem is.. requires a global hak update.

LordPsycho
Squire of Babble
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:56 pm

PostAuthor: Nightface » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:01 am

Melindha wrote:The new emote system has been working in Mikona for a while now, and only recently on the rest of the servers, to my knowledge. Nightface, maybe you were using it on Mikona and Elesil was trying it elsewhere?


The numberpad method for getting into the radial menu is part of NWN. The new emote system has no connection to that. All it does is take advantage of one of the radial options that was not being used before.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
-Adam Savage of Mythbusters

"You can hear what's on my lips,
But you don't know what's on my mind"
-Nellie McKay, from the song, Sari
User avatar
Nightface
Sage
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]