M'Chek - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery

Links Menu

Remorts: Questions Thread

Forum for customization options such as player housing, server reset requests, and getting help if you're stuck.

Moderators: Ronan, Dungeon Masters

Remorts: Questions Thread

PostAuthor: spool32 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:22 pm

Korak suggested I delete the questions/comments... I decided to split them to a new thread. Please continue to ask questions here, I'll toss them over to the other thread for archival purposes as they get answered.
Success will be lovely, but you will have to go out and get it! Failure will invite itself in.

Your donation makes this sig possible!
Monthly donations help you Lose Weight Fast!
DM 101
spool32
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -6

PostAuthor: spool32 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:52 am

*bump* new answers.
Success will be lovely, but you will have to go out and get it! Failure will invite itself in.

DM 101
spool32

PostAuthor: Shannen Di'rithia » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:45 pm

spool32 wrote:Korak suggested I delete the questions/comments... I decided to split them to a new thread. Please continue to ask questions here, I'll toss them over to the other thread for archival purposes as they get answered.

Sorry, I tried to phrase this question in general but it's easier to do it specific to Shannen because of her relation to Saffie (her sister), so:

If I were to retire Shannen, donate her things to the Healers, and start an entirely unrelated PC, could I specify to the Healers to give her sister or anyone else a certain item or items?

Thank you.
Shannen Di'rithia
Contributor

Timezone: -7 GMT Home again

PostAuthor: spool32 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:26 am

Shannen Di'rithia wrote:
spool32 wrote:Korak suggested I delete the questions/comments... I decided to split them to a new thread. Please continue to ask questions here, I'll toss them over to the other thread for archival purposes as they get answered.

Sorry, I tried to phrase this question in general but it's easier to do it specific to Shannen because of her relation to Saffie (her sister), so:

If I were to retire Shannen, donate her things to the Healers, and start an entirely unrelated PC, could I specify to the Healers to give her sister or anyone else a certain item or items?

Thank you.

As long as the PC isn't played by you, yeah. Of course, we can't force them to, but I'm sure they would.

DM 101
spool32

PostAuthor: spool32 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:49 pm

*bump* more answers.

DM 101
spool32

Re: Retire your Epic and Start Fresh!

PostAuthor: szabot » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:26 pm

spool32 wrote:- New PC has appearance changed to model of a nonstandard custom race, subject to approval from the Team.

Would this appearance change be merely cosmetic, or would there also be things like stat adjustments, racial feats, racial abilities, and so on? Would there be ECLs involved?

Thanks.
szabot

Timezone: Central (GMT-5)
DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: Aeveras » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Cosmetic.

- Aeveras
Aeveras

PostAuthor: spool32 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Bump! Several of these have gone ingame, and they seem to be very popular all the way around. If you're bored with your epic or want to make room for some of the new players, please consider a remort and a chance to experience Avlis fresh! Especially for you oldtimers, there are probably a lot of places you haven't been in a while, or are completely new, and that your epic would never bother to go.

Think about it!

-spool32

(plus the custom appearance option is haaawt!)
spool32

PostAuthor: Simon Drat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:09 pm

I'm guessing the identity of which PCs are being converted to NPCs, and where they're going to be located is all FOIG, right? I'm dying to know...
Simon Drat
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)

PostAuthor: xarthna » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:21 pm

If we told you, that would ruin all the fun in looking! :twisted:
xarthna
Web B00bja, Princess
Web B00bja, Princess

PostAuthor: chamalscuro » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 pm

spool32 wrote:(plus the custom appearance option is haaawt!)

That is a neato idea. As a player of a changeling, I would caution remort players taking this option to give their prospective form a "test drive" via changeling or playing around in the toolset.

Some forms look impressive, but have gimpy animations. An example: A salamander (not a legit choice for remort I believe, but the 1st example that came to mind) form I tried wouldn't swing its arms in combat. It would wield a sword, but the sword arm hung limp at its side while fighting.
chamalscuro
Platinum Contributor

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Micah » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm

I have that problem with my salamander too :ka:
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:56 pm

How are merchants dealt with in a type 2 re-mort? Auctioned off, I assume? I can't just "give" my merchant to another PC?
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Jo' d » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:44 am

*checks his pockets*
"Nope, no epics here..."
PEACE PLEASE!

Jo' d
Silver Member

PostAuthor: spool32 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:52 am

Fifty wrote:How are merchants dealt with in a type 2 re-mort? Auctioned off, I assume? I can't just "give" my merchant to another PC?

The business is considered Property, and must be auctioned off under Option 2. Items in the Merchant's inventory can be disposed of however you plan to dispose of (or not dispose of) your items.

-spool32

DM 101
spool32

PostAuthor: K'Tomma » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:36 am

In the case where an epic remorts and becomes an NPC; and the option of haveing an heir is taken ... would it be assumed that the heir visits the now NPC relative on occasion - either during off-line time or by actually going to the locations and spending time 'talking' to the relative - and hearing tales of the old days ... therefore having knowledge that the NPC had, and can use that knowledge in game?

http://aaerynn.mybrute.com
(kliking; making a brute and bexoming a pupil is welcomed)
K'Tomma
QA Resource

Timezone: Central Time (USA)

PostAuthor: terror2001 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:49 pm

That would likely fall under this rule. http://www.blackdagger.com/viewtopic.php?t=10632
Likely any knowledge transfer would need a DM possessing the NPC.
terror2001
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: ninja » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Correct. Once you NPC your PC, you give up all rights to it, including any IC interaction.
Interested in being an interviewee or an interviewer for a community interview, send me a PM!
Go here for your custom DM item.
"Mages are over powered" - Spool32, previous head DM, said 300 times during Austin meet.
ninja
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm

renedq wrote:Correct. Once you NPC your PC, you give up all rights to it, including any IC interaction.

Do you need a Pirate?

Fancy Ony "Sea-Shrimper" Bibi as NPC? If so can I start a lvl 1 Pirate again?

One of the other crew members I could think up?
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: spool32 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 am

Xeo Bodacea wrote:
renedq wrote:Correct. Once you NPC your PC, you give up all rights to it, including any IC interaction.

Do you need a Pirate?

Fancy Ony "Sea-Shrimper" Bibi as NPC? If so can I start a lvl 1 Pirate again?

One of the other crew members I could think up?

Please feel free to submit a remort request.

DM 101
spool32

PostAuthor: ronnin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 pm

I would like to have my main PC made into a NPC Madon Dethrune, and perhaps made into a WM trainer?? Since I don't know when it will be until I can play again, it would be cool to have the option to some day have an offspring PC from Madon.
Nob: One Ring to grief them all, one ring to pwn them..one ring to kill them all and in the darkness loot them.

Life Sucks, get a Helm.

Madon Picture:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Po ... il&id=1890

ronnin

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm

I take it's a no then for remort I put in? Not that it matters now but I was curious to see if it ever was considered?

Thanks for the response.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Crunk » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm

Xeo Bodacea wrote:I take it's a no then for remort I put in? Not that it matters now but I was curious to see if it ever was considered?

Thanks for the response.

well, you did violate one of the main rules by auctioning of your chars gear before requesting a remort, that couldn't have helped the approval process.
Crunk
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:10 pm

Xeo; if you have any questions the best thing to do is email staff@avlis.org and the team will get back to you about it.
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie

PostAuthor: Xeo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:06 am

Crunk wrote:
Xeo Bodacea wrote:I take it's a no then for remort I put in? Not that it matters now but I was curious to see if it ever was considered?

Thanks for the response.

well, you did violate one of the main rules by auctioning of your chars gear before requesting a remort, that couldn't have helped the approval process.

1. If you care to read the IC post and it clearly states that it was a enquiry for offers... Not an auction. It does say that I don't have to sell anything. I made sure I added that stipulation so players knew that I could withdraw at any point. So I have'nt violated anything.

Bid away! Bid away! Me's will be looking at da best offers. Please post dit here and not through a private lettah danks and me's just wanna see what people will offer if dey interested. Me's hold da right not ta sell to anyone if me's not 'appy with da offers. Dis more of an open chat if ye can call it. Tanks again landlubbers!

*signed*

Captain Ony "Sea-Shrimper" Bibi.

Apologise if the grammer and wording might be alittle hard to read.
2. I've not contacted anyone nor sold anything. The team are more than welcome to check my BIC files to confirm that.

3. I did'nt see it against the rules in scouting the market ICly. Getting a rough idea what the value of something is. Ony is a Pirate and a trader... Nothing wrong or untill I'm told other wise in a PC wishing to find out the value of certain merchandise before donating them to their future heir.

But I have had no contact over the auction from the team to verify anything.

So I think your alittle wrong over your statement that I voilated a rule.
Last edited by Xeo on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xeo
Master Sage

Next

Return to The Avlis Project: DM Assist