Mikona - (0)
Total players: 12
Gallery
  • Mikona - Lord Marcus Deth and the Order of the Dragon
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Which movie do you look forward to more?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Which movie do you look forward to more? Or, which movie did you like better after seeing it?

Transformers
44%
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
32%
Neither
24%

Total votes : 94

Which movie do you look forward to more?

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:22 am

Which movie do you look forward to more? Or, which movie did you like better after seeing it?
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: chamalscuro » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:38 am

Transformers for the eye candy. Normally, that's not enough alone to draw me, but the clips I've seen were...ah...wow. Yeah.

Harry Potter never really worked for me... the whole kids thing. But they're getting older. Last movie wasn't half bad.
chamalscuro
Platinum Contributor

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Pessoa » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:41 am

Transformers. Not a huge fan, but I've heard good things. Plan to see it soon.

Only seen the first Harry Potter. Eventually I'll see the rest, but not going to see this newest one until I do. Someday...
Pessoa
Five Time!

PostAuthor: Xiaou » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:02 am

I honestly doubt I'll see either which is probably the only downside of not watching commercials at all anymore. I cant be bothered to hunt down movie trailers or get out of game long enough to watch them. My wife will almost certainly see Harry Potter.
Xiaou
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Final Shinryuu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:16 am

Transformers was a blast. I loved it.
Final Shinryuu
Sage

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:55 am

I so voted for the Harry Potter movie. They are relatively decent book movies. They skipped a few things, added in a few things here... could have done better, but I have definitely seen worse.

I asked off for July 11th since that's the Harry Potter open, theres only a few movies I plan on seeing on open (past to present), the Harry Potters have been in that short list.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:17 pm

God, I fucking hate Harry Potter...
~ Yantri
The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions -- none more so than the most capable. -Theodore Dreiser, author (1871-1945)

PostAuthor: Glantry » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:12 pm

Glantry
Scholar

Timezone: DST

PostAuthor: bolo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:39 pm

I highly recommend Transformers if for nothing else than the eye candy. The hardcore fanbois might not like it because there's no characterization like in the old cartoons or the animated movie, but it's just fucking amazing.
Seeing optimus for the first time in all his transormin' glory, and then the scene where he says "Auotobots..Roll out!".. worth the price of admission right there.

Harry Potter..I just don't get and have never gotten the adulation for this..I still say it's a rip of "Books of Magic"..
Every time I hear or read the name I think of the South Park " LOtR" episode where the kids run into these other kids dressed up as Harry Potter characters, and Cartman goes " HA! FAGS!"..

bolo

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:34 pm

I just saw Transformers. Going to an advance preview of HP next week. I'm looking to HP more than I was looking forward to Transformers though, I think it depends on what you like more in a film...
Ghostie

PostAuthor: llhht » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Ghostie wrote:I think it depends on what you like more in a film...

He doesn't get nude in this one, that's the broadway play. :P
Yarr!
llhht
CCC
CCC

Timezone: Central (-5)

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:04 pm

You useless bunch of Muggles. I hope He-who-must-not-be-named bewitches the lot of you.

*Counting the days until HPOP comes out* :hexe:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: DanishPastry » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Transformers famous quote: "Autobots... Roll out!"

Avlis famous quote: "Keepers... Use your rings!"
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
DanishPastry

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Talwin Hawkins » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:49 pm

HP FTW
Talwin Hawkins

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Moonyju » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:33 pm

bolo wrote:Harry Potter..I just don't get and have never gotten the adulation for this..I still say it's a rip of "Books of Magic"..
Every time I hear or read the name I think of the South Park " LOtR" episode where the kids run into these other kids dressed up as Harry Potter characters, and Cartman goes " HA! FAGS!"..

Rip off? really... is there a "genre" or guidelines books on magic have to follow? :) To me, fantasy is fantasy... no matter however you put it.. and it can take many forms, from epic battles in an imaginary land that is meant to be described as real to an imaginary universe parallel and mixed to our reality to a magic kingdom completely unreal... There's a little something for everyone in every fantasy book/movie... Heck.. IMHO, even Transformers is in the fantasy category! :D

I can't wait to see HP... The Order of the Phoenix is one of the best book of the series... and I want to see Transformers too! Busy busy summer at the movies.... *grins*
Gurky's BOOM theory wrote:Oh.... ! I must Stress this.
'tis ... not a Boom.
*Looks to everyone seriously.*
'tis a BOOM.
Nay, 'tis a BOOM !
Perhaps even a BOOM! !
Moonyju
Sage

PostAuthor: DeadEyeDave » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:56 pm

going with my four year old son, my brother and his son tomorrow night to see transformers. anyone who's seen it, is it alright for kids? i don't even know what it's rated. but i don't want him seeing megatron blowing limbs off of people or anything....
Bad poetry?
Oh noetry!
DeadEyeDave
Scholar

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:35 am

DeadEyeDave wrote:going with my four year old son, my brother and his son tomorrow night to see transformers. anyone who's seen it, is it alright for kids? i don't even know what it's rated. but i don't want him seeing megatron blowing limbs off of people or anything....

There's no blood or gore. Just robots fighting.
Ghostie

PostAuthor: NecroZombie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:11 am

Transformers FTW!!!

Who wouldn't want to see 15 tons of steel smashing ecostosy.

I like HP too, but up against the Transformers it's nothing more than a chick flick.

Not to mention that I watched the Transformers cartoon WAY longer that other kids in my age bracket.

...and Voltron

....and G-Force....

......and GI Joe
CoEMF
:devil:

spool32 wrote:[spool32] Gorethar : [Talk] As a Team, we're very pro-evil.
NecroZombie

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: bolo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 am

NecroZombie wrote:Transformers FTW!!!

I like HP too, but up against the Transformers it's nothing more than a chick flick.

Not to mention that I watched the Transformers cartoon WAY longer that other kids in my age bracket.

...and Voltron

....and G-Force....

......and GI Joe

What, no Robotech?

bolo

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Savagej » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:30 am

bolo wrote:
NecroZombie wrote:Transformers FTW!!!

...and Voltron

....and G-Force....

......and GI Joe

What, no Robotech?

No Go Bots? Was it the transformers that killed the Go bots or was it just a crapy cartoon to begin with? ( i can remember the cartoon but cant for the life of me remember wether it was good or crap, the transformer's memories overshadow the Gobot memories , it was all blending into one transforming metal memory untill the release of the movie.. lol)

Savagej
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: DeadEyeDave » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:54 am

Savagej wrote:No Go Bots? Was it the transformers that killed the Go bots or was it just a crapy cartoon to begin with? ( i can remember the cartoon but cant for the life of me remember wether it was good or crap, the transformer's memories overshadow the Gobot memories , it was all blending into one transforming metal memory untill the release of the movie.. lol)

i'm the same way....it all blends together for me. i remember 2 cartoons, where robot type got together to make a bigger robot, i think one was like animals getting together to make up some huge robot, and another was little robots forming into a bigger robot, but for the life of me i can't remember what the name was, but i remember seeing MMPR's and thinking it was a blatent ripoff of the cartoon i watched as a child.
Bad poetry?
Oh noetry!
DeadEyeDave
Scholar

Return to Avlis Polls