15%
Never
9%

Total votes : 113

Avlis 2 Poll

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 pm

I imagine that Avlis 2 will come out sometime around:

(Gear up for it here.)
Last edited by Orleron on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Hamlet » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm

May. Unlikely to play it before Avlis1 goes down, though. That means a good many years, hopefully. :wink:
#AVLISPLAYERHOUSING
#WHATSHERNAMEAGAIN

Hamlet, please don't kill me
-Plethora

Hamlet
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Those guys are working hard but there must be a crapload of stuff to put in place, so I went for May.
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Premonition » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:58 pm

is this when i expect it to come out or hope it to come out?

Cause i hope it doesn't ... why? well i can't say i really like NWN2 atm only plus side is the graphics which look better but at the same time all the stuff such as armour and whatnot looks a bit iffy imo. Ofc it depends alot on weather you can customize it in the game such as you can now with Avlis 1 but i dislike alot of the looks on armours etc.

same goes for inventory and such and well the entire NWN2 feels off anyway i'm sure avlis2 will feel alot different then the OC and voted may aswell

upside imo is the good old level cap at 20, no more unbeatable saving trows for mages and everyone else who uses DC's etc. Knockdowns been fixed some very nifty feats for druids and character models look very nice imo, guess it just needs some tweaking from obsidians side and it'll work out (was the same for NWN1 apparantly) but i do totally dig the good old lvl 20 lvl cap, takes care of alot of powerbuilds and the whole DC's not scaling problem (cause let's face it a lvl 40 wizard had crappy DC's for a lvl 40 caster compared to most lvl 40's Saving trows).
Premonition
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT +1

PostAuthor: Naeblis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Is this, as in NWN2?
Long distance runner, what you standin there for?
Get up, get out, get out of the door
Your playin cold music on the barroom floor
Drowned in your laughter and dead to the core.
Theres a dragon with matches thats loose on the town
Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down.

- Jerry Garcia

Naeblis
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Talwin Hawkins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:11 pm

I went for March. The games been out about 2 months now, and march would make it a total of 4 or 5.

I think in that time we could have a playable server. I hope so anyways.

As for the Cafepress.... *Drinks from Avlis2 Mug*
Talwin Hawkins

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: bolo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:18 pm

I actually put July, I think the big question mark remains the support from Obsidian in the way of patches to the Dm client at least.
I know stuff is already being worked on via the community( the biggest thing I've seen recently is an improved AI thing but haven't tried it), and i'm sure it'll see an improvement.

The DMFI folks have been hard at work on their own set of tools, and I know there's just some stuff you can't do without further patching..
This is different than when Avlis first went up. There's really no need to try and rush a playable server ( and get the funds for a server ), so I'd like to see the Avlis2 folks take their time, so when the server goes up there's actually things to do.

*looks at his title* What did my last payment to WF not go through or something?
Currently on Eastern Time - 5 GMT.
Available play times= any time ! Way too much time on my hands.

bolo

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Ensoleille » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:22 pm

I have enough problems running NWN1 on my computer, and I already know that NWN2 doesn't work. :-( I vote November...I might have had time to sell an old laptop and old desktop on e-bay and put them towards a new computer by then.
Ensoleille
Scholar

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Bas-Postma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:27 pm

I voted may, but I hope it will come out tomorow :mg: I can't wait to play A2. Though I still will be playing A1
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Lanir Fragonia or captain green.
Mylo, Master and Dragonguard of the Order of the Dragon
Buka Buka, strongest of his tribe, smartest of his tribe and fastest of his tribe, the warrior with no brain

NEW SONGS OUT SOON!!!
http://www.nirika.nl or http://www.myspace.com/nirikaband
Bas-Postma
Sage

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:50 pm

bolo wrote: *looks at his title* What did my last payment to WF not go through or something?

That might be the case. PM me the real name you used to sign up for paypal or credit card and I'll check it out. You might have to resubscribe.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: gO)Solo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:11 pm

I voted May.
I know the Avlis 2 Team is working diligently, but Avlis is a huge world with lots of history and many things that make it unique. Implementing such a world effectively will take time.

Time for Obsidian to patch the things that need some work, time for the developers to really understand the coding and so forth. Time for the player community to adjust and spawn their own things for the game that Avlis can incorporate. Time for the playtesting and debugging.

I'd LOVE to see it out before then, but I'm not expecting it any time soon. In truth, I'd rather it be released a little later and be everything we could hope for, than to rush release it and have the same "crash-test" that NWN2 is having.
gO)Solo
Scholar

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:12 pm

More Poll!
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White

PostAuthor: Paco Di B » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 pm

C'mon baby May, please May. I'm finding it hard to get myself up to play A1 when I know I'll be starting a new char in a new world in a few months, and that I can be there at the beginning. :D
Paco Di B
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: jordenk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I for one... wish that NWN 2 never came out... buuuuut yahi guess ill play avlis 2... but... not as much as avlis 1...its just not the same game.. they blew it
Blake Then
Knight Companion of Calazeria
Mage of the Gold Order of the Sand
Minister of Magic of Calazeria

jordenk
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 pm

jordenk wrote:I for one... wish that NWN 2 never came out... buuuuut yahi guess ill play avlis 2... but... not as much as avlis 1...its just not the same game.. they blew it

I'm with you, brother.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: jordenk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Orleron wrote:
jordenk wrote:I for one... wish that NWN 2 never came out... buuuuut yahi guess ill play avlis 2... but... not as much as avlis 1...its just not the same game.. they blew it

I'm with you, brother.

yah i think thats a pretty common thought... but... i forgot to awnser the poll.. i think mayish.... Aaaand i have faith that the Avlis team will streatch this game to its limits, and thus make it more playable. Time will tell! :) Plus im waiting to see what an update does..
Blake Then
Knight Companion of Calazeria
Mage of the Gold Order of the Sand
Minister of Magic of Calazeria

jordenk
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm

I am in no hurry.

The feel of NWN2 is so different that I much prefer NWN1. Of course, the fact that I am Head DM here may tend to cloud my judgement a little.

As for the topic of DMing and Avlis1, I intend to continue on Avlis1 for as long as we can afford to keep the servers running and for as long as there are Players who wish to play here.

Of course, I plan to visit Avlis2 once it goes online, but Avlis1 will be my Home for a long time yet. :wink:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: bolo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Orleron wrote:

I'm with you, brother.

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment a bit, too.But I do think the community will get around the game's shortcomings and make some cool stuff.

I'm just worried more about the support issue and the stability of Atari. *prays*
Currently on Eastern Time - 5 GMT.
Available play times= any time ! Way too much time on my hands.

bolo

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Missian » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:33 pm

well I didn't put in my vote jet... because....

well I haven't even bought NWN2 because I can't run it on my computer anyways so.... and besides.... I like playing on avlis1 the game is old to me but the world of avlis is so darn big that I haven't been every where... plus I am now starting to like my character after about half a year of only building a character on avlis....

so I hope Avlis 1 will be active for some many years so I can injoy it as much as I have untill now...

though I am curious about NWN2 in general.... downside is that to even begin a game of such size will probably mean that my wife will leave me and my boss will have me fired and so on and so on...
I have this problem now with Avlis 1... a real fun game to play and very adictive.... yet to time consuming for my RL to give form and future.... so Avlis 1 and NWN1 are to big for me as it is...

with reguards...

Missian
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:32 pm

I hope it takes as long as possible. Just because Avlis1 would still be around when A2 goes live, that will still have players moving over to it. Hopefully all the p33ps I play with take their time going over to A2 as well.

I <3 Avlis1

I don't much care for NWN2, but as stated above, as long as bioware/atari (or whoever it is) pulls through, I know the A2 team will PWN NWN2 into something less sucky.

:D

A1 > NWN2
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:02 pm

When the Avlis 2 server first comes out, it won't be able to FIT all the people from Avlis 1, plus all the new ones that we'll recruit together.

So by default, people will surely play Avlis 1, if for no other reason than A2 will be full because it'll start out so small.

There's only so much you can do with a 20 or 30 area server and 1000 players.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: Arond » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:04 pm

When it's done :wink:

Arond
Sage

PostAuthor: Paco Di B » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 pm

Damn this thread is like listening to my grandpa tell me how much better the old country was or how much better things were in the 40's and 50's. :lol:

It's funny how much of this sounds the same as the comments about NWN1 when it was being compared to Baldur's Gate. I remember I tried playing NWN1 after BG and couldn't stand it so I refused to play it for months. Now, I couldn't go back to BG no matter how much I enjoyed it back then and i'm sure once some of the kinks get worked out of NWN2 it will be the same.
Paco Di B
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Paco Di B wrote:Damn this thread is like listening to my grandpa tell me how much better the old country was or how much better things were in the 40's and 50's. :lol:

It's funny how much of this sounds the same as the comments about NWN1 when it was being compared to Baldur's Gate. I remember I tried playing NWN1 after BG and couldn't stand it so I refused to play it for months. Now, I couldn't go back to BG no matter how much I enjoyed it back then and i'm sure once some of the kinks get worked out of NWN2 it will be the same.

Until those kinks are gone...

Get off my porch you young whipper snappers!!1
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Vipact » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 pm

January! Yee-yaah.
Vipact

Next

Return to Avlis Polls