Punk
5%
Metal
8%
Reggae
0%

Total votes : 210

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:03 pm

Tangleroot wrote:Heh, Darkfire. Just a personal preference of mine. When I was into death metal, I never liked the American style, but preferred the European/Swedish/Norwegian stuff. They have some distinct differences. Hard to remember actual record names or band names actually.. I think 'Edge of Sanity', 'Unanimated', 'Rotting Christ' and 'Bolt Thrower' were some bands I listened to at least, all have probably quit ages ago.

cool, will have to go check some of them out :wink:

Im listening to Cannibal Corpse and Slayer, Cradle of Filth, etc
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: horatio » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:35 pm

*loves Stewie*

*agrees with Ghozt*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_music
Am I too fat to HiPS?

horatio
Sage

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:36 pm

I'll send you some sample links later when I'm home, Dark. :)
Tangleroot
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Highwayman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Darkfire wrote:
Tangleroot wrote:Heh, Darkfire. Just a personal preference of mine. When I was into death metal, I never liked the American style, but preferred the European/Swedish/Norwegian stuff. They have some distinct differences. Hard to remember actual record names or band names actually.. I think 'Edge of Sanity', 'Unanimated', 'Rotting Christ' and 'Bolt Thrower' were some bands I listened to at least, all have probably quit ages ago.

cool, will have to go check some of them out :wink:

Im listening to Cannibal Corpse and Slayer, Cradle of Filth, etc

In Flames, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, and Lacuna Coil.
For the American Metal; Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, and Unearth.
There are more but I'm not gonna waist more space listing them.
Playing as:
Troth The Wanderer, Priest of Maleki
Sigmund Stonehammer, Dwarven Priest

Highwayman
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Beautiful Emptiness » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm

A place I sometimes browse through to see if I can't find more metal to listen to:
http://www.darklyrics.com/

Another site that has samples of full songs to listen to and also has great deals on cds:
http://www.centurymedia.com/Splash/eyesoffire/index.htm

Those 2 places are where I discovered After Forever, Nightwish, Theatre Of Tragedy and the Gathering (if you like female vocals).... and Darkthrone.

As for Ulver, the album to check out is Nattens Madrigal. Some say it's shit quality because they recorded it in the woods but it's their best album. Many would prolly agree to that.

:drink:
Beautiful Emptiness
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Simon Drat » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:32 pm

Wow, y'all some Hip Hop Hatin' Muthaz! Don't be HATIN', yo!

DOWN WITH POP!

Play me some Reggae... Or Jazz... or Classical... or Easy Listening Lounge Lizard-Poo Music... Even COUNTRY for Chrissake! ANYthing but more of the recycled Boy-Band/Girl-Band, Processed-Pop, No-Talent CRAP that dominates the US charts these days. Those kids that can't even do live performances without lip sync tracks... Sorry, kidz, but that's not talent, that's corporate $$$ paying for technology to make "beautiful people" have the appearance of talent. The US music business is dominated by such drivel right now, and it's driven me to smash my radio into little tiny bits so that all it plays is talk radio and CD's of my own choosing.
Simon Drat
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)

PostAuthor: Beautiful Emptiness » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Winner of the most horrible live performance goes to those 2 so-called lesbians Tatu. They're music is tolerable as long as it's not live.

:wallbash:
Beautiful Emptiness
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: darthjee » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:35 am

you missed "carioca funk" that is a brazilian way to copy the "miami bass"

trust me . . .this funk does not look like the true funk . . . all you need to start a "carioca funk" group is some bad song and some hot chicks dancing . . .thats all
Player of:
Nythania Nark Weyla
Scientia Filia Hericus
darthjee
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Morbidsoul » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:04 am

Vroshgrak wrote:I voted electronica. If a computer can randomly pick 2000 1/8th of a second noises and stick it together and it is considered the peak of the form than it isn't music. All the other ones require human composition, electronica is just digital beeping and booping.

I enjoy some electronica/techno, buts the least like a form of music IMO.

Absolutely wrong. A human still has to sequence and come up with all those sounds. The computer does not just "do it for you".

An example: Here is a song I just had released on an Austrailian label. Its genre is really chill/ambiant/downtempo, but all those fit under electronica. LISTEN

Morbidsoul

PostAuthor: Alhelor » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Curois wrote:I passionately hate modern rap/hip-hop like 50 cents etc. But that's more because the "culture" that goes with it. Having said that, one cannot claim that it's not music. There's music/a beat and there's rhythmic performed "poetry" on top of that. Both have musical qualities.
Of course I am not saying that I think 50 cents is a "musical" guy because he's not. Neither are some hiphop producers like Dr. Dre. They make shitty music, but it's still music.

And to all the people claiming that you need musical instruments to make music, and that a computer is not a musical instrument. Quit living in the 19th century... A computer in the hands of a group like Lamb is just a means to an end...a beautiful end.

what "culture" is that?
Bleh

Alhelor
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Reaver » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:42 pm

There is at least one song from each of those genres that I like at least a little, except for rap. I've not heard one rap song with any lyrics that mean anything to me. It also just doesn't sound very good to me.

I personaly like metal. I do understand why some people wouldn't like it though. It's an acquired taste. :wink:
Reaver
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Hi Mate » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:24 am

Pff..Rap sucks..go Pop!
Hi Mate
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: sinn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:13 am

*looks at the poll results*

no need for me to vote.. hehehe
you can run all your life, but not go anywhere.
sinn
Elder Sage

Previous

Return to Avlis Polls