M'Chek - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 8
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Shelter of Hope

PostAuthor: Jezrum Copesh » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:09 pm

I would love the shelter of hope to be more interactive to characters than just donations . make it some thing we can work quests for :?:

Jezrum Copesh

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:14 pm

Can we please get well established races like Brownie and Pixie added to the Red Gollem selection, instead of having to fudge playing these races as a Changeling?
~ Yantri
The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions -- none more so than the most capable. -Theodore Dreiser, author (1871-1945)

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:12 pm

I think it would be awsome if we could have a "black light radius" in the game. I don't mean like RL blacklights, but instead of a bright aura around someone, have it that it gets slightly darker around them? I think that would be pretty cool for the evil guys that instead of brightening up a room, it makes it look as if the light is afraid to touch them or something :twisted:
Last edited by Darkfire on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Kyrn Cyrnea » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:03 pm

Can we make Humphrey's (The merchant in Port Eridanus) Prices more realistic. He pays good money (similar to dear Coriah) for things but charges too much in return. This means his inventory grows very fast (hence lag) without anyone buying. And he has a lot of buyable things.

Even with the AKN and ROTE nearby, he still attracts a market for rubish.

Kyrn Cyrnea
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Krator » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Can the Savebox on the forums be made so that the messages in there can be edited?

Got work from Grunt that this won't happen. - Moredo
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Krator » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 pm

A server transition between "Elysia Outskirts West Northwest" and "Along the Eridanian River" (Wilderness)
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Fifty » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:27 pm

With the lovely new treasure script in dropping many more items these days, I think it is a shame that so many of the items are getting sold to NPC biomerchants because they can't be used by the person who picked them up.

Thus, I would like to suggest a DM controlled P-merchant, like the ones PC can hire, who will buy most things, but only at knock-down low prices. At least that way more of these fun items will stay in circulation, and it might work as a bit more of a gold-sink too.

Obviously the prices would have tosuck compared to what a player-merchant would offer, and be only slightly better than standard bio-merchants, but it is a shame that so many things get lost.

((On the other hand, I sell everything i pick up to Brant ditr-cheap anyway :) ))
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Nightface » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:16 pm

How about making it possible to cut small gems from larger rough gems. For example, if I have a Rough ShinyGem, I can use a couple extra supplies to make two small ShinyGems. With a Large ShinyGem, I could make two regular ShinyGems or three Small ShinyGems.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
-Adam Savage of Mythbusters

"You can hear what's on my lips,
But you don't know what's on my mind"
-Nellie McKay, from the song, Sari
Nightface
Sage

PostAuthor: Elong Singalong » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 pm

I was creating my own character in the toolset yesterday when i saw that there are a lot of different wings that a character can get...

Also... butterfly wings........

I know that there are some people who also seem to be a little bit fairy like IG *big wink to Elyl*

Isnt it possible to make a new race with fairies. With restriction that there allignment must be or O'ma or Titania? I think it would be really cool..

There could be a history that a fairy took over the looks of a male and mated with an elven female... Since fairies are magical beings this could be possible.

(this could have happend during the war...)
playing as:
Elong Singalong (remorted)
Sheela Green
What happends in nijmegen stays in nijmegen! *Blames zoe*
Elong Singalong
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Tigg » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:53 pm

You know what would be cool, is if there was a spell that was kind of like Find Traps, but if it found secret doors instead. :)
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
Tigg
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:46 am

With all the great new bulk crafting supplies and stacks of things like booze in drops, I was wondering if the tailoring dyes used in crafting can be made stackable as well? I know there are many more sugar junkies :teeth: and lushes :drink: out there than tailors, but 10 dyes per stack instead of 1 would be a major improvement.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: Marleh » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:54 am

Zonr_0 wrote:Perhaps replace the soldiers in M'chek with lowlevel M'chekian Guards? It seems kind of silly for there to be "soldiers" out there, considering the war is over and the alpha corps were disbanded.

Or a few more Romini. I know there is a spawn near Dwarftrade of Romini bladesmen, just a few of those for variety would be great.
Image Dame Moira Celyn (Windspar) Callindraes - Just a little bit...
Marleh
QA Resource

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:29 am

Add a 'Counter' section for Bluff and Intimidate to the Dice Rolling section of the Emote Dialog.
This is what the PnP rules say about Intimidate...
You can change another’s behavior with a successful check. Your Intimidate check is opposed by the target’s modified level check (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear).

ALL credit to Dirk Cutlass for the idea.

NOTE: This is not to get any kind of CoPaP support for rules supporting the entirely optional rules with regards to rolls, but to facilitate us that would like to play along. :)
Last edited by KaiRal Windspar on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Yantri
The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions -- none more so than the most capable. -Theodore Dreiser, author (1871-1945)

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

A new tool (or adjustment to the old one) for bulk loading raw gems, melanerite and rocksalt after mining.
~ Yantri

PostAuthor: Zyndro » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:03 am

Impliment a way for flying shapes to get across pits. It could use the d-door line-of-sight script except it'd have a different animation and have to check the current shape to see if it's one tagged as flying and be limited differently. It would use the jump up animation, followed by coming back down at the chosen spot. It would need to be limited so it's not abused. Example of limitation: flying can be seen as strenuous. Each use saps 1 point of Con away even if the person has drain immunity on, restorable by resting or lesser restoration.

Whenever a dm is on and I have a flying shape, they let me jump like that (because it's only logical), but since there's no script in place, I can't do it when they're not around or when they're busy.
Zyndro
Silver Lifer

PostAuthor: Red » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:38 pm

To prevent marketplace spamming across multiple forums, create a Southern Avlis Marketplace Forum. The Avlis Forum, as has been pointed out, is not the place for marketplace ads.

There are many PCs who travel from land to land on a regular basis who might run an auction in three or four cities. Even if that PC were to physically travel to each inn before the player made a post on the apropriate messageboard forum, the spamming issue is still not resolved.

Red
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:02 am

Is it possible to get a light gem, or items that give off a dark light? For example, the area around them would look shadowed, rather than lighting up an area. Don't make it to dark as it would probaly be annoying if your in a dungeon and no one can see because you make the room pitch black.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Dralix » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:20 am

Is it possible for the new familiar appearance thingy to use the new summon chooser thingy, rather than first summoning default familiar, then changing appearance?

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:51 pm

Krator wrote:Update the random player quotes on the front pages with the best ones of the recent pages of the player quotes thread.

And the screenshots. Especially some Visimontium and Kuras area pictures would be neat.
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11

I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:30 pm

Don't know if this is doable, but perhaps one should be able to sort his/her PMs not only by date, but also by the person he/she got them from / sent them to? I find it troublesome to browse 15 pages of PMs to find the one I seek.
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: gutemensch » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:06 am

might have been mention and I did go through all 17 pages *blinks trying to refocus eyes* sorry if it has been mention.

put options on crafting stations (talbe,loom, anvil, forge, sawhorse and jewerly) to unload to bags insted of inventory.

or

create an item for each like the "x" that would perfom that option. like there is for forge and anvil.

just a thought

thanks
gutemensch
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: -6
DM Avatar: Mishlekh

PostAuthor: Moredo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:15 pm

Build taverns/inns in the empty shells that are "The Prancing Pixie" and "The Ocean Side Inn", or sell them (cheap) to interested players so they can build inns there.

Edit: On the same note, perhaps flesh out "The Tickled Trout" too?
Always consider alignment as a tool, not a straitjacket that restricts the character.
— AD&D, 2nd Edition Player's Handbook
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: Tigg » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:10 pm

On one server I used to play on, there used to be a script which I think could possibly considered for implementing in Avlis? What is did was to take away people's spells after they logged in to the server. Right now, it seems pretty vulnerable to exploit to me, and almost impossible to 'prove' that anybody has logged off with that intent as opposed to crashing. (Though without throwing accusations I'm pretty sure I've seen people have taken advantage of this before.) For a spellcasting class, the benefits of doing so cannot not really be underestimated, as the character gets all their spells again without having to wait for the rest timer. Huge benefit=huge temptation. And of course in CvC... no need to say it, as it's obvious.

There's a couple drawbacks to it I can think of right off, #1 is that it would strip the spells off every time on login, so that even when someone first logged in they have to rest to get things ready. #2 is that it hurts those who really did crash. I just wonder, though, how it weighs between having crashing suck for spellcasters, and closing off this big potential exploit thing. Not really a matter for me to decide... so, then, just submitting the idea for consideration.
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
Tigg
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:32 am

I have seen a few other sites that have created Foxfire Search Plugins that search their sites, etc. SHould see if someone can delve further into how this is done and create a plugin for the Avlis site.
KaiRal Windspar
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Nightface » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:09 pm

How about making it possible to cut small gems from larger rough gems? For example, if I have a Rough ShinyGem, I can use a couple extra supplies to make two small ShinyGems. With a Large ShinyGem, I could make two regular ShinyGems or three Small ShinyGems.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
-Adam Savage of Mythbusters

"You can hear what's on my lips,
But you don't know what's on my mind"
-Nellie McKay, from the song, Sari
Nightface
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team