RL Person
10%
Avlis World Docs
5%
Original
59%

Total votes : 287

PostAuthor: pstanton » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:46 am

from my own twisted mind and lust for power!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Those who know me personally understand.

Although I do regret the name I chose for one.... So I'm RP'ing my Shaahesk has a crazy mother who is a little obsessed with elf names..... :oops:

pstanton
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: possessed_squirrel » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:18 am

I'm a quiet little geek so I just chose something totally opposite from me
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.

Impossible is nothing.
possessed_squirrel
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: p0m » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:19 am

Axis Sunsoar RivkahSon.

Let's see who gets the subtle references. :)
Player of: Dannar Sunrise/Blighte
Gennor Visson
Jert Vilodel
p0m
Scholar

Timezone: +10
DM Avatar: Wintermute

PostAuthor: pstanton » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:19 am

possessed_squirrel wrote:I'm a quiet little geek so I just chose something totally opposite from me

Yeah, pretty much.... Except I am kinda evil..... :oops:

pstanton
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: wolfwielder » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:49 pm

Athdar Evermane came from my old PnP days. Luckily I had an adventursome DM and he allowed me to play a Wemic. I changed the name of course and class. My original one was a Barbarian/Ranger. Athdar is going to be a Fighter/WM

Losin Rockhands I am making after one of my Darksun Characters. I played a Thri-Kreen Psionicist/Druid. Although for Losin I wanted the Monk fighting skills. I ran into to many instances when my Thri-Kreen would be out of PSP and Druid spells and could not hit anything, hence the Monk/Psion.

I have a few other old PnP characters I want to make but I think I am going to develop these 2 first.
wolfwielder
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -5/-4
DM Avatar: Balgar

PostAuthor: Tesh » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:44 am

Tesh Tylnen: My first and still main Avlis char, came about after watching Two Towers Extended Edition and wondering what it would be like to play an embittered Legolas shortly before I found this place. Then I spent a long time reading the history and world info, then went about creating a suitable back-story that would result in a very bitter human hating Legolas. He's changed a lot since then and not as bitter and quick to hate these days.

Sion Jadon: The only alt I've taken past first level, is entirely original, he came about as a result of my frustration with a human ranger I built for HoTU who could find the traps but never disarm them and the frustration of 'detect' mode, thus was born an elven Rogue/Ranger. The personality is lifted directly from myself when I was at school, too cheeky for his own good and careless about who he insults
Roland of Gilead wrote:I told you we deal in lead, and so we do. But that doesn't make us hired guns.

Belkar wrote:One order of gluttony with a side of coriuption, please.
Tesh
Quest Designer
Quest Designer

Timezone: GMT +12

PostAuthor: nonscience » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:10 am

Syo Juu'n.

Georgia Lass in the TV series 'Dead like me'. Always bored, always painting the world in black, I love the character and put most of her mood in my depressive elven girl.

Ryazzt

I don't know where I took the idea. I wanted a root druid, one that rejects civilization to an extreme. I felt that Verossa would be the more inclined to have such guys among Her ranks.

Spyder

She comes right from Kill Bill V1. Go Go Yubari. Had to change the school uniform for a kilt though :D
Benzin
nonscience
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: possessed_squirrel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:30 am

My character Vurk is kind of what I wish I could be more like.

The Blooded One is just a cruel opposite of me in real life. Trying to stretch my RP.
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.

Impossible is nothing.
possessed_squirrel
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:36 am

Books, dragonlance. It started out me and darias making our two PC's at the same time...gonna be twin brothers like Raistlin and Cameron. One thing, Darias made his an evil charecter too so there went the concept of having a evil mage and good/neutral fighter. *shrugs* so the main inspiration of Dameon was Raistlin, even though I didn't end up like him anyway at all. :wink:
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Plethora » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:02 am

p0m wrote:Axis Sunsoar RivkahSon.

Starman rocks!!

Deo was built for Avlis, and Avlis has shaped her path and progression as a character. Everything she was and is today has been dicided by her experiences IG.
If anything. she reminds me alittle of Faraday.

Kahlin is based loosely around Joan De'Arc
And Pleth.. well, pleth is just pleth.. probably the most like me, in a ganoomkin kinda way :wink:
Well, i've heard about the fella you've been dancing with, all over the neighborhood..
...why didn't you ask me baby? Or didn't you think I could..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

PostAuthor: p0m » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:32 am

Plethora wrote:
p0m wrote:Axis Sunsoar RivkahSon.

Starman rocks!!

Deo was built for Avlis, and Avlis has shaped her path and progression as a character. Everything she was and is today has been dicided by her experiences IG.
If anything. she reminds me alittle of Faraday.

Strangely, she does too. A stronger Faraday, I think, but she is there.
Player of: Dannar Sunrise/Blighte
Gennor Visson
Jert Vilodel
p0m
Scholar

Timezone: +10
DM Avatar: Wintermute

PostAuthor: Stormhammer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:02 am

cant recall if ive actually posted in this one or not...heh

thror was based loosely on the sterotypical dwarf....gruff, grumpy, stubborn, rude, etc, etc

but then he was also based in my head on how i viewed a paladin to be

he has since evolved into an even more stubborn and grumpy paladin, adhering to gorethars way strictly by the book, and stubborn as hell about it, to the dismay of anyone trying to talk what they think is sense into him :wink:

i would also have to say he was influenced into what he is today by in game experiences....but mainly by interaction with the OoGers that he encountered as a young member of the Order....notably vichan, carek, tanmar, kharak, gloknall, kaelyn, and jorio to name a few
Stormhammer

DM Avatar: DraNar

PostAuthor: TralilBreck » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:11 am

Tralil is definitely an Avlis original. I knew I wanted an woodsy NG elf, and then I sought to create a backstory that fit in as best I could with my understanding of Avlis geography/history. His initial personality and philosophy grew out of this back story. However, he has evolved quite a long way since then. So much of my fun with him is in tracking his mental evolution due to events/other chars.

Oh, and his strange last name came from my being unable to think of one that I liked. Then I looked up at the wall behind my PC where I had a big poster of a painting by John Leslie Breck, the Hudson River School painter. The nature scene seemed to match the char concept, so Breck it was -- though it its such a strange name for an elf that I hardly ever actually refer to his last name IG.
TralilBreck
Scholar

PostAuthor: Naieth » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:57 am

Naieth wrote:Bits from an old PnP character, personal traits of myself, but mostly a character from a movie inspired me for my little elven maiden.

In April I wrote that in this thread. By now I can't remember the movie character though :lol: .
Naieth
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Gorath » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:43 am

Kinsarus... well in the book I am writing one of my main characters is named Kinsarus, and although in the book he's a shaman centaur, I figure well.. centaurs aren't that great a model and I like wemics so I just took the name, some of the personality, and then put in the wemic elements/made up a history for him that is rather vague since I'm still lacking on good knowledge of the lands of Avlis ;)
Gorath
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Mistcaller » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:17 pm

Midnight as a PC concept was inspired by Avlis world documents and my , stupid sometimes, preference to play desperate clerics of dead gods... 8)
This preference, though, derives from the FR 'Avatar trilogy' books and a character named Adon, so I guess I should have voted for two options if I could.

My alt's concept , Ashin, derived from the "friends" TV series and Joey in particular, who, for me, is the RP model of low wisdom with slightly higher intelligence and good charisma.. :P
Mistcaller

PostAuthor: Baralis Truthbender » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:29 pm

Nagel means Nail in Dutch. I wouldn't have the slightest clue where else to have gotten the inspiration for him except from myself.

Nyrlains physical appearance comes from a character named Albel from the videogames namely Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
His personality is a mixture of villains from books, games and my own imagination :)
The Bridgekeeper vs King Arthur:
"WHAT...is your name?"
"Arthur, King of the Brits."
"WHAT...is your quest?"
"To find the Holy Grail."
"WHAT...is the average speed of a swallow?"
"An African or a European one?"
"Well I don't knooAAAARGH!"

Bedevere feat. Arthur:
"How do know so much about swallows?"
"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."
Baralis Truthbender
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: uaioe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:23 pm

The character concept of Baloth started VERY different from what he is now. . .

IG events and character interaction have made him, in my opinion, MUCH deeper than he was originally going to be. . .

There is A LOT of my personality in Baloth (with a little added mellow-drama thrown in for DnD purposes) which could be good or bad I guess. :)

I'm not gonna actually tell any of YOU my little secrets though. . . you'll have to find out in game. :P
Baloth Half-Tusk
Aurelinis Xilo
uaioe
Silver Contributor

Timezone: CST

PostAuthor: Cindare » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:36 pm

Lilly and Ankhara were inspired by old Vampire: the Masquerade PnP characters that I'd played -- a Toreador and a Malkavian, respectively.
~this space for rent~
Cindare

Timezone: GMT -8 (PST)

PostAuthor: Hi Mate » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:10 am

Yeh!! good to see lots of original people!! make a story of your own:P
Hi Mate
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Joeyo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:43 am

my character Shassisu was inspired by Avlis Docs.

Because of their small size and constant threats endured during daily life, kobolds tend to be very cautious. In extreme cases, this caution can border on the paranoia and hyperactivity seen in some smaller non-sentient reptile species that occupy a spot in the middle of the food chain. On the other extreme end, a kobold can develop a defense mechanism of insane fierceness and rudeness, most often seen in small dogs who are constantly beset by larger breeds. Personality traits such as these usually manifest most clearly when kobolds are in the presence of other species, such as shaahesk.

I play him a bit extreme though. he's got some other personality quirks that i wont announce. You have to experience him to understand... or not understand...
Joeyo

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Naeblis » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:12 am

Juat about all my character names come from the names of single malt Scotch's.

Sucks that that is not a poll choice. :P
Long distance runner, what you standin there for?
Get up, get out, get out of the door
Your playin cold music on the barroom floor
Drowned in your laughter and dead to the core.
Theres a dragon with matches thats loose on the town
Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down.

- Jerry Garcia

Naeblis
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: lodestone » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:21 am

Quite plainly Eudoras was inspired by the line in my signature from the Movie: Troy. I wanted him to have a bit more personable a personality and be a bit less dramatic so I didn't model him specifically after Hector. It was an Idea that hit me when I decided to give up on Oswyn because he was such a bore to play. Morally conflicted and unsophistocatedly stoic. Eudoras has been my first character that I truely and completely enjoy playing.
Player of:
Eudoras Rynes
lodestone
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Missian » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:48 pm

Rye was made after not a pc game like I voted but after a picture I had found that I liked...

this picture:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ph35_ ... 27_WEB.jpg

I have been styling the background and personallity and clothing Rye had around it...

though Rye also leads a double life that could not be made out from the pic.. so that part is origionally... well mixed with a lot of NPC's my brother made for the pen and paper world of ad&d we had some years ago that I liked very much...

well greetings and see you on avlis

Missian
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

PostAuthor: uaioe » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:31 pm

I got my inspiration from what else, THRILLER

"Baby, there's something I gotta tell you. I'm not like other guys.

"what is it, sexy?"

"I... Have.... a disorder."

zOMG!!11! I'm a WEREWOLF!

That's Aurelinis' first date. :D
Baloth Half-Tusk
Aurelinis Xilo
uaioe
Silver Contributor

Timezone: CST

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls