Total players: 3
Gallery
  • Pure, Spiritkin
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Godron » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:30 am

Quite a few have suggested changes to showels etc.

I would suggest a general purpose load-item (showel or whatever)

Instead of making it 'unique power self only', make it 'unique power'.
When it then enters target mode, you could select the item(type) in your inventory to load into empty bags. This way it will work for all items, including the few hundred alchemy types.

It would also be possible to add the menu after targeting, allowing to load into nearest placeable etc.

I'd be happy to implement it if someone could slip me the showel script so I don't have to redo all the loading code.

Fill out a subcontractor application and you'll be able to make this change. - Gurky

Godron
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Croton » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 pm

Add a string variable to the emote/crafting menu for each character to be able to type the name of whom they follow. Meaning who their leader is, etc. Maybe if the character they are putting as their leader is with them, they can just click on them to pull the right info.

Then, have the database keep track of # of followers, etc. & maybe create some system of increased power if the numbers ever get high enough.

Afraid this is too open for exploitation right now - Gurky

Croton
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:29 pm

When a Companion gets knocked to bleeding (yeah, they bleed now :D), it has this cool 'Bleeding!' caption that goes up over their poor little heads every time they take damage...

Would it be possible to get that for the PC bleeding script? Sometimes, it's hard to find those guys under all the corpses and stuff... :oops:

You can see that your party member is bleeding by looking at their portrait. You can also target their portrait with healing spells. - Gurky
~ Yantri
The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions -- none more so than the most capable. -Theodore Dreiser, author (1871-1945)

PostAuthor: Simius » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:29 pm

Can we have Limbears in Limbo? Please?

Oh, and maybe it would be nice if there was small a chance that CN characters went to another dp then limbo when they die. maybe Arborea or Hades, the other chaotic planes. Just for the variety.

Deathplane changes take long to implement, so this probably won't happen soon. - Gurky
Simius
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:43 pm

Fifty wrote: Is it possible to create items that work more effectively when you own another item from the same set, or would that just mean you land up having unwiedly lag heavy scripts, even if it is possible?

Are you talking about like Set Items that were on Diablo II? Each set had parts, boots, belt, helmet, etc and for each piece of the set you had you got more special abilities.

I think thats a really awsome idea. ie: a King had a sword and a shield that are "set items" Singly its just a +1 enchantment on the sword and +1 AC for the shield. If someone wields them both at the same time, The sword gets a new bonus of +2 AB on top of the +1 enchantment and the shield gets another AC point or something. ^^

Not a request, just marking that I've gone through it. - Gurky
Last edited by Darkfire on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: TiVO25 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:45 pm

From http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=67687&highlight=

Grunt wrote:
Talwin Hawkins wrote:I do both but for arguments sake i said server hop. I hate the run to Visimontium and though it is very IN Character for only mages to be allowed to portal there at will (being the city of mages and magic la la la) it would be nice if all people had this luxury.

I'd pay 1000 gold each way for a Visimontium Caravan :)

Durgg wrote:I like either Grunt's suggestion (above) or a Mage Order Public Works Project to create a public portal that costs 1000 a shot to use.

Perhaps a wagon placeable in one of the major cities that portals to & from Visi, similar to the ferrys now, except costs more since its such a long distance overland, and doesn't leave as frequently, maybe once or twice a day to avoid abuse and be a little more realistic. Might encourage more people to play in Visi and serve as a decent gold sink as well, in addition to allowing low-level mages (who die very easily) to get back and forth from Visi before they've joined an Order.

There are ways to get to Visimontium faster now. - Gurky
You can't stop the signal.

"Every calling is great when greatly pursued."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
TiVO25
Sage

PostAuthor: Plethora » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:00 am

we actually already have "chocolate chip cookies" which are sometimes used in this way :wink:
but the whole DM cookie thang is OOC so we dont really need proper object for this. Everything "solid" in Avlis, must fit in the the inmersion.

Not a player suggestion, just marking that I've gone through it. - Gurky

I would agree with you, but then, we would both be wrong..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:12 am

Gloves / gauntlets that have the feat Weapon Proficiency (Martial), or Weapon Proficiency (Exotic), etc. They would also have a penalty to AB. This would allow people to equip/wield these weapons that were not normally proficient in them, as per 3.0 PnP rules.

3.0 PnP rule wrote:Normal: A character who uses a weapon without being proficient with it suffers a -4 penalty on attack rolls.

Would allow people to mine / chop wood, etc. or wield exotic weapons, etc. but not very well.

Although, in some respects maybe it is nice to restrict these weapons to people who actually invest the feats in these things, or put a much bigger penalty on them (like -10 or more) so they are useless in combat , but people can actually 'equip' them to look cool or whatever.

Only way to get martial or exotic is by taking the feat, period. - Gurky
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: pstanton » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:39 am

For those of us who follow a god and have our deity fields filled in.

I know this could be a bit of work... but when we come back to life after being dead, have the engine make a check of our deity field and then drop us at our God's temple, if there is one on the server.

So, my Aarilax char, instead of coming back to life at the Temple of Mikon, comes back at the Aarilax Temple. If I'm in Elysia (which doesn't have an Aarilax temple) I default to the main temple in the area, the Temple of O'Ma, Mikon for Mikona, Andrinor for Visi and so on!

It would just make more sense then having Mikon supposedly returning a CE char to the game at his temple when I'm an Aarilax cleric, and its more likely that my god would bring me back at his temple instead.

Aye, great idea but that would be too much work right now. - Gurky
High Priest of the Irrelevent

pstanton
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Albion » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 am

At the moment it takes 50+ minutes to travel to Visimontium and thats if you know the way. So people either server hop to Visimontium or dont bother going there at all.

A caravan like they do on Rockhome would be a great idea. Maybe you would have to travel to a certain place in Deglos first to catch it. As long as the trip to get to the caravan was not too long people would use it and it would mean more people would also visit Deglos and Visimontium.

Seems sombody beat me to it for the idea.

Last edited by Albion on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things in the world are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not quite sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Albion
Sage

PostAuthor: Albion » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:09 am

At the moment it take the skins of 2 large animals to produce 1 small thread of wool. Is it possible to make it so one skin produces a thread of wool.

This would be more realistic and i doubt avlis would be flooded with wool as a result.

There are good reasons for this, PJ is the man and we trust him :) - Gurky
Only two things in the world are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not quite sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Albion
Sage

PostAuthor: Drysh » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:23 am

Since it will take a while for the new dinamic models... Could the orc use the half-orc model, but setting the skin color to a different one? Like blue or green?

They will be different from half-orcs, but they will have a dinamic model. It would be nice for RP. Right now is difficult to play a civilized orc with that primitive appearance.

It's better to wait for the dynamic model stuff to come out than to have to undo the quick fix later. - Gurky
Drysh
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT -3

PostAuthor: Sears610 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:09 am

This is my first post here but i think I have a decent idea.

Everyone is talking about the run to Visi. I have made the run many times and it does take a long time to do. So here is my idea. Have a plant in the middle of the trip there. Players would have to pick an item off the plant and give it to the npcx running a portal from visi to another location.

I think the entrance near deglos or someplace just inside deglos would be a good location for the other portal. the npc at the portal would take the flower and give the pc a ticket that would allow them to make a certain number of trips back and fourth. To limit pcs picking too many flowers make it spawn only on server resets or after a long time.

Also make the flower expensive so if sold to an npc merchant it would cost so much people would not have the gold to buy it. IE possible gold sink.

Once the number of trips was completed then the pc would have to go make the run again. That way pc's would appreciate the run but still not have to do it all the time.

*shrugs* just an idea..

*signed*
Sir Garek Blackstone

Equalizer of Mikon
Ordained Member of the Council of Balance
Citizen of Mikona
Member of the Old Dwarf Brigade
Master to the AKN
Apprentice to the AAAA
Shop worker of Featherfingers Trading
Meatshield extraordinaire
Sears610
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: +3

PostAuthor: Shadow Monkey » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:31 am

I have a sling as favourite ranged weapon. Best craftable sling I heard of is masterwork. Compared to all the new bows it sounds unfair. Can some better sling recipes be added ?

(unless they are already added and I just haven't heard about them :P )

Done. - Gurky
"Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. They will believe anything they want to be true or fear to be true."
Shadow Monkey
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:02 pm

How about a 'Combat Mode' type feat, attached to Half-Ogre and Wemic hides only, that allows one to select a 'Weild Two-Handed' fighting option.

Have it add .5 Strength Modifier as a Damage bonus, and will unselect if an offhand weapon, ranged weapon, torch/fashion accessory or shield is used. This is a big part of melee weapon fighting that the Large creatures miss out on.

I don't think this will happen. :| - Moredo
~ Yantri
The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions -- none more so than the most capable. -Theodore Dreiser, author (1871-1945)

PostAuthor: Nob » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:17 pm

Maybe a metamagic wand that lets you switch "dispel magic" to "dispel psionics"

There's supposed to be anti-psionic versions of abjuration spells per the PnP description of how Avlissian psionics/magic interact, which though working on psionics, cease to function against magic.

Noted. - Gurky
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: girlysprite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:24 pm

add something in the familiar appearance list for mages. When someone is a palemaster, maybe some undead option can be put in? or maybe just for every mage. I mean, It would be so cool to have a bonebat, vampire ((for high level mages)), ghost...okay, palemasters van summon those beasties, but the fun of familiars is that you can act and talk for them. And Id love to do that with an undead.

Noted. - Gurky
Gaming doesn't make people voilent, lag does

<Dimotane> I think deep down, when we're honest with ourselves... we're all a pregnant male elf.
girlysprite
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:00 pm

Poison is too easy to cure, and not nearly as fatal as it should be. In PnP, being poisoned when a cleric was nowhere about (or he didn't have a neutralize spell memorised) was a serious thing! This is not the case in NWN:

a) you can cure simple poisons with a heal kit
b) you can glug a relatively cheap Antidote potion
c) you can wait for the effects to kick in and then take a relatively cheap Lesser Restoration potion
d) you can wait for the effects to kick in and then just sleep to shake off any ill effects

Here are some ideas:
a) How about, making DC for curing higher?
b) Remove the ability of Heal Kits to heal poison?
c) Make Antidote potions rarer, increase their cost, or adding a caster-level-based difficulty check to see if it actually cured it.
d) Add new (craftable?) poisons that required a specific (craftable?) antidote to cure them.

Just a few thoughts.

This will have way too big an effect on crafting and the economy, not to mention other game mechanics. - Gurky
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: spokeydonkey » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:04 am

The latest in a heated debate on the need to set dislike for game mechanics issues was brought up here:
http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=68199&highlight=

Considering that
  • There is currently no ruling I could find on dislike settings in the "rules" section of the board.
  • The team stance that "dislike = overtly hostile actions" was debated and part of the decision makig process was that there was "no valid OOC reason" ( http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?p=122669#122669 ) to set dislike.
  • One can at least make a case (as in the above case) that there is a game mechanic reason to set dislike without necessarily looking like "I'm gonna kill you on sight" (which was the team's--Strangg's--description of what it means in that particular ruling).

Can we:
(a) Get an official ruling put in the rules forum so this particular horse can die a peaceful death? Right now its so far down in the GD section that no one but the oldies really knows about the original post.
(b) Clarify or remove that line about OOC considerations. And if there are any valid OOC reasons to set dislike without having the, "I'm gonna kill you on sight" look, could we get some guidance about what kind of leeway should be given to other players?

Neigh, er I mean noted - Gurky
spokeydonkey
Sage

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:13 am

The CEP (?) appearance containers that are avaailable on merchants are awesome (textile case, potion case, etc.) and would help immensely in sorting through a crowded inventory quickly? But they have no weight reduction!! :cry:

How about some craftable versions that have weight reduction? New boost for tailoring and a decent goldsink. :good:

Noted, but quite certainly not going to happen soon - Gurky
~ Yantri

PostAuthor: Disciple Of Ra » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:36 am

Are there any plans to upgrade the psion class to the v.3.6 version wich includes psion epic feats and abilities along with some other usefull abilities?

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=5714

We'll have to wait for a CoPaP hak update before adding new psion powers. - Gurky

Disciple Of Ra
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Can we get a re-hooking of the Polymorph Self spell for Rangers that has more natural forms like that of the Druid's Wildshape?

Noted - Gurky
~ Yantri

PostAuthor: pstanton » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Gumble Tinkertumble wrote:Probably a lot of work, but is it possible to open up the shifter class to characters other than druids? For example, spellcasters with the polymorph self spell, etc.

Will this be feasible? Perhaps Andrinor or Angadar granting the forms for arcane types?

More in keeping with the PnP version of the class?

Allow Clerics and Confounders of Forian to take Shifter? (at a decent lvl of course)

Shifters are druids, not servants of Forian - Gurky

Oh, and make passive spells like Darkness not aggro NPC's, I can't cast darkness without them attacking me....

Don't cast it around them; it is a hostile act. - Gurky
High Priest of the Irrelevent

pstanton
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Rain&Clouds » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:54 am

Could the Greater Fire Beetles (the giant ones) "drop" more than one beetle belly? I understand they only have one belly (*chuckles* it'd be funny if they had more) but a belly that big is probably worth a larger ammount of bellies from normal beetles, as far as alchemical uses go...

Arguable. We'll keep this as it is for now. - Gurky
Rain&Clouds
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: apandapion » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:43 am

Disciple Of Ra wrote:Are there any plans to upgrade the psion class to the v.3.6 version wich includes psion epic feats and abilities along with some other usefull abilities?

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=5714

On the subject of psions, it would be nice to have the psychic clone use the AI that other summons and elementals use, so you can tell them *not* to cast spells, or to be sneaky if you can be sneaky.

In the works - Gurky

apandapion
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team