Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 6
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: szabot » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Give weapon masters overwhelming crit. at level 10.

pincushionman wrote:...However, If the Weapon Masters were to be given Overwhelming Critical for free at level 10...I would be perfectly happy with that. (especially since I would otherwise have to burn two Great STR in order to qualify, which I'd rather use for CON or saves). Not near as unbalancing, and maybe it's a good incentive for people to take WM 8, 9, and 10 (and qualify for their tokens!)
CoEMF
:devil:
Member of the MadKat Fan Club
szabot
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Central (GMT-5)
DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: Arnimane » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:05 am

Finish the tower in ferrel. please. 8)
Lead me not unto temptation...I know the way.

Arnimane
Scholar

PostAuthor: Krator » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Another jewelcrafting suggestion:

Remove crafting XP for mining gems that are 'trival' if you would cut them. Count rock salt (if it still gives XP) as level 2. For gems with different sizes, this would mean that you will gain XP only when you dig up a big gem.

Right now the best way to learn how to make rubies is to mine fluorspars. Yeah right.
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:25 pm

Make Alchemist's Fire work on Arrows / Bolts / Bullets. Hmm.. OK, I asked for that before ... can't help me for trying :wink:
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53 pm

KaiRal Windspar wrote:Swishing (a.k.a. The Zorro, Buckling on your Swash): A specialized attack whereby you cut the buckles, ties, snaps, cords or drawstrings on your opponent, removing heir armor. Basically like the Ooze attacks.
Use: Ranged Touch Attack to hit. Success determined by a DC based on the full AC of the taget, +2 for every enchantment Bonus the Armor has except Light effects (DRs, Saving Throw and Skill bonuses count as a +1 enchantment for every 5/- points of DR, +1 to save or +3 skill points)

Sundering: An attack directed at weapons and shield, specifically designed to break, smash, snap or cleave them. No idea how this would work, but I imagine it would be something like the Rust Monsters ability to just destroy equipment. Heh. Now looting is the least of your worries.
Use: I have no idea how the Rust Monster script determines if a weapon is metal or not... anyone want to look that up? And we can extrapolate, and assign a Hardness (basically Damage Reduction) based on material and HP based on weapon size. D&D 3.0 rules give an additional 1 Hardness and 5 HP per enchantment bonus.

Improvised weapon (a.k.a. Grab a stick): A feat that will basically create an unsellable, undropable 'club' weapon, good for three attacks, does 1d3 +Str blugeoning damage, and is considered Simple weapon. Usable whenever, as many times as you like. Just the ability to lay your hands on something and blugeon someone with it in a pinch.
I suppose this would be possibel through the Emote Radial, but honestly, it would be a real boon in combat if you get Disarmed or have your weapon Sundered, so should be added as a radial option

The more I think about these three, the more I wonder why they were never included in NWN. They gave you disarm and Improved Disarm, sure. But then they urn around and they gave creatures the ability to take off your armor, and destroy your weapons, but never vice versa. ((Sorry, Bioware did not do this, but these creatures do still exist in Avlis)) And the improvised weapon? C'mon... Even on Avlis, I can create a tent, several kinds of cookfires and a bedroll, but I can't find a stout stick to bean someone with? In a forest!?

So I pulled these aside and included basic fleshing out for them.
KaiRal Windspar
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Fifty » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:20 pm

It is a boring job, I know, but moving the spawns around and giving the Mikona mine a major overhaul in terms of spawn locations and creatures would make a massive difference, IMO. Even keeping the same monsters and moving spawn locations would be good.

I think it has had just one moderate facelift and maybe one minor alteration in my entire time here.
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:26 pm

The spiel in the start tent could do with a slight update to let first-timers know more about the boards and how useful they are, etc...

Perhaps a sign post rather than more text by the man himself, as I personally think it would get read more.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Yau » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:15 pm

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=4021

would it be possible to get a female gnoll appearance?
Don't Poke the Newbies
Gar'ra'lsh - adolescent gnoll
Yau
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 pm

Great to see a bench outside the library.

Now, how about some male prostitutes in the docks?
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 pm

The fact that the Elysia boat to Mikona uses a different script to most boat journeys can be a bit of a nuisance:

If you have a full inventory, you can't fit the ticket in yoru inventory! A small piece of paper! What?

If you fail to portal to the other server, you lose the ticket and cannot try again like you can with other servers.

This means you have to run back to the harbour master to get a new ticket, and in this case, miss your boat. Grrr.. that was annoying.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:22 am

The new p-chests are great, but I've noticed that they no longer load the biggest items first after a reset. Can this be fixed easily?

If you toss in a bunch of small things with a fairly loaded chest, after a reset, some larger things at the end can be overloaded when you open it later. Even keeping a few empty pages at the end, I sometimes have to quickly grab 2 or 3 pages of big items as it goes over 25 when reloading.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: TiVO25 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:30 pm

Hey there, just found some cool new emote type animations on the NW Vault, thought I'd post 'em up for consideration for consideration in the emote menue (especially since there's a horizontal jump and a crouch included).

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=6150

Fraps video demonstration of some of the emotes.
You can't stop the signal.

"Every calling is great when greatly pursued."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
TiVO25
Sage

PostAuthor: Nob » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:23 pm

A player usable VFX wand for limited applications like stage setting and performances.

Something like the DMFI DM-VFX wand, but maybe using charges and suitably expensive? (And maybe without all the spell effects that the DMFI one has.)

Could make another decent gold sink and the code could always be scavenged from the DMFI wand, couldn't it?
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

Rogue' Liquor / Find Traps

PostAuthor: Croton » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:16 pm

The current version of this, from the wiki, states:

Magic:Find Traps
From Avlis Wiki
Divination
Level: Brd 3, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Innate Level: 2
Component(s): V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: Colossal
Duration: Instantaneous
Counter(s): --
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Metamagic: Quicken, Silent, Still
Energy Substitution: No

All traps within the area of effect become known to the caster of this spell, but the caster gains no special bonus on Search checks.

I think this is entirely overpowered in its current form. It covers such a large area (Colossal), and it eliminates any advantage of a pc that specializes in setting traps well. In addition, the potion/spell is a lower level potion/spell that is available to pretty much anyone. You can have a trap with a DC of 120+ to find, and a 3rd level cleric can find it with ease.

I ask/suggest that one or more of the following be done:

1. the spell be changed, so that the area of affect is much much smaller,

2. Some sort of DC check be added so that the best trap setters can beat this spell.

3. It be moved to be a much higher level spell, and the potion be much harder to make (level & ingredients).

Thanks for all your hard work & for your consideration.

Croton

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:48 am

Exploding fire-beetles! :twisted:

On-death script for fire beetles so that when they die there is a random chance for them to explode!

Why? Well, just for fun :lol:
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Krator » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Change the Kobold Corpse Grenade to have a unique power with the "Kobold Jump" animation used in the Shadows of Undrentide OC. The spell constant in question is SPELL_KOBOLD_JUMP, the number in spells.2da is 511 and the script connected to it is x0_s3_koboldjump. I can't open it since I didn't play SoU, but this should be enough info :)
EDIT: Casting the spell should do the trick -Just opened SoU
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:56 am

Make NPCs' conversations changeable by using strings from the persistent database. This would be particularly relavent for those NPCs that just use "over-head text" rather than the full "converstaion dialogue" type.

The p-database could contain several strings and the NPC would select a random one (possibly with different % chance). The idea behind this, is that it would be very easy for a DM to edit the database so that NPC's converstaion could be changed to reflect current affairs.

For example, there are still many PCs that talk about the war with the elves. Imagine if all these were already using the p-database string method. It would be an easy change just to edit the database to have new text. Or, suppose a DM unleashes a massive undead attack in Mikona (again) then the NPCs would all be talking about it, rather than still wondering where to put the new magic shoppe. :wink:

There'd be different sets of strings for different types of NPCs, e.g. Mikona citizens, Elysia citizens, etc. Different % chance for each string, so usually you got something about the weather or mundane, but occasionally you could get a snippet of useful information (like a rumour).
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

Avlis website ideas

PostAuthor: xenophile » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:35 pm

First, amazing work throughout the Avlis project, including its thriving website! Then, a few ideas.

1. A calendar of player & DM scheduled events on the website. Quicker & easier to reference than trying to rememeber who posted what when and on which forum.

2. Forum group breadcrumbs for ease of navigation between the main page and the subforum. This might not be clear, so an example.

Existing breadcrumb on The Avlis Tavern forum is "Blackdagger: The World of Avlis | Forum Index -> The Avlis Tavern". Since the Tavern is a subforum of the In Character group, I'm suggesting add an "In Character" breadcrumb between Forum Index and Tavern.

3. A pointer to the specific page of a multi-page topic returned by the forum search tool. Right now some digging can be required for popular topics in the search results.

[ moved here from the wrong place, doh ]
xenophile
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Dralix » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:52 pm

Change the Rules forum so only team members can post there, to avoid rules turning into discussions.

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: chupacabra » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:16 pm

If there is something going on that the 'team' doesnt want people doing ( see scribing threads ) make it known IN GAME via a placeable, like a sign inside the relevant shops, etc., or an NPC rambling on about whatever information the TEAM wants players to be aware of/ to follow. Dont rely on people checking a deeply buried sub forum inside the avlis website for this info, many will never see it.
chupacabra
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Fifty » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:08 am

Set up "Official City Business" forums, that the increasing number of PCs in positions of power in their various cities, but who are not from the same guilds, will have access to. For example, in Mikona, Housemen/women, the Lord Provost, Senior Mage of the city etc.. might have access.

The purpose of this would not be so much for communications between the players, but more for the team to tell us what is going on in the higher echelons of the city.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Croton » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:38 am

Make the Player Idea thread like the Bug Tracker.

Croton

PostAuthor: PrinceOfCrossbreeds » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:36 pm

Make the carpentry glue stackable.
PrinceOfCrossbreeds
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GTM-5

PostAuthor: Gurky_Bogglewig » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:41 pm

The specific area where this happens is in the Ferrell Style building in (hehe) Ferrell, but it seems it might happen in any such area.

Dimension Door is disallowed in the area (for good reason).

However, all other Psion powers are disallowed with the server stating that Dimension Door is not allowed there.

In hindsight, this might be a bug, but still asking here in case it isn't.
Last edited by Gurky_Bogglewig on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gurky_Bogglewig

Timezone: Eastern (GMT-4)

PostAuthor: miyafawyn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:27 pm

Dralix had a brilliant idea that was brought up in the AKN boards…

Could "Holy Water" be included as a cleric-only (of course) craftible/artifice skill item?
miyafawyn
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team