Total players: 8
Gallery
  • Emerald Grove at Night
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 am

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:59 pm

Brannor wrote:Here is your chance to post ideas.

BUT certain rules apply:
    * this is a POST only, NON discussion. All contents discussing others ideas will be deleted.
    * just posting ideas does NOT mean it will be implemented
    * keep it short but to the point
    * keep it nice and friendly
    * do NOT post endless lists of haks/models/code

If you want to discuss someone's idea, make a new topic in General Discussion. I don't like deleting posts, but I will if I have to.[/quote]

In addition to the above rules, I'd like to make note of other rules/suggestions comments.

1. DO a search on your idea before posting, if its been proposed here or on the GD, then don't post it.

2. Be Concise: if you cannot summarize your idea in 2 sentences, then its not for this thread, post it to the GD for player feedback so that you can refine the idea.

3. If the team has made its position known in the past, don't post. Going through all 17 pages of the former thread, I was utterly amazed at how many times the same ideas were proposed over and over and over again. Examples include death planes, character xp from crafting, haks, new spells.

4. Be patient---Many of the ideas require extensive coding, and we have a very limited volunteer staff, whose activities are dictated by a combination of 1. what interests them and 2. What needs to be done.

5. Avoid chain suggestions---If person A proposes a change, A suggestion based off of person A's proposal is beyond the scope of this thread. This is commentary and theory.

Vergilius
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: Serenyddion » Mon May 23, 2005 1:41 am

Sorry if this has been suggested or even implemented, I searched around but wasn't really sure what to use for keywords; I may have missed something.

Perhaps characters with 0 XP could be archived and/or deleted faster than characters with some XP?

Thanks
Serenyddion
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Fifty » Mon May 23, 2005 5:05 pm

Isn't it about time Jerto, Florannika and Barey grew up? Oh, and that otehr one.. Cart Fyne? Or is that one of th grown ups?

Maybe Jerto can become a proper alchemist, Florry can become a prostitute (or maybe just a shopper) and Barey could become a guard. A regular guard you could interact with would be cool.

Jerto could even get his own assistant.

It'd be nice to see some of the NPCs getting on in life :)
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: girlysprite » Tue May 31, 2005 12:55 pm

put shirt items in a chest on the bottom of the spider cave. In the description it says something like this;
'the following is printed on the shirt; I have been on the bottom of the spidercaves and all I got was this lousy t-shirt'

it would be a nice joke :)
Gaming doesn't make people voilent, lag does

<Dimotane> I think deep down, when we're honest with ourselves... we're all a pregnant male elf.
girlysprite
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 pm

Make an general "Avlis Market" forum to cut down on multi-post ads for the different servers. More mentioned in this post here.

http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?p=552177#552177
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: TripleAught » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:33 pm

Gorgon wrote:Make an general "Avlis Market" forum to cut down on multi-post ads for the different servers. More mentioned in this post here.

http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?p=552177#552177

Or another idea that I had, make players apply for the market place forums. That way, if your "New Threads" list is getting spammed up by market posts you know it's because you want to see what all those markets offer.
The Texas Meet 2007 wrote:Come over here and take off your pants.

The Texas Meet 2010 wrote:I can't unhear that.
TripleAught
World Leader
World Leader

PostAuthor: Katroine » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:18 am

Suggestion: Make a generic "Holy Warrior" PRC for those with lesser gods and goddesses.

I know I'd love to be one with my cleric but no holy warrior PrC is available.
"However friendly they may seem, they must be corrupt to the core, and I must never forget that."
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Krator » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 pm

More gems in the Ferrell Gem mine. The danger/time - profit ratio there is so much lower than all the other mines, and I like to get rewarded for lots of effort (read: dieing to salt clan hipsing dudes for the zillionth time).
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Havoulov » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:04 am

Would you be interested in the player housing section to have contractors for the materials?

Like lets say an elysian house not only costs xyz GP, but also some zyx planks, branches abs iron spices for example?

I am almost ready to expand a guild activity on that (and by this i copyright my idea for a month after anounsement :) ) a small xp and gold could come to the guild members involved (minor)

I think it gets a good roleplay for the guilds, and player interested to make contracts.... we could devise a way to pay branches and the likes to a DM or a chest or so. Of course different houses, different material demands.....

You also maybe get less housing aplications :wink:
Havoulov

more missle weapons

PostAuthor: Nzifklm » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:51 pm

I, as a half-ogre, would like to throw large rocks at my enemies sometimes. Perhaps it could just be another model for throwing axes? Would be neato anyways
Nzifklm
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: epiktetus » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:05 pm

Hopefully this is a simple one. Fishing is great, but the auto-self-banter can get pretty annoying. Could we at least convert those to whispers so only nearby people will hear you anounce that you're getting bored. :)

I know, for realiism it makes sense. If I was dragged onto a real fishing trip I would make it very clear to everyone nearby that I was bored. Over and over again until they let me go home. And then I'd spend the rest of the day in Ferrell watching my character fish, but at least I wouldn't stink afterward.
Σpiktetus
Healer of the Order of O'ma
Proprietor of H.E.A.L.

"Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?"
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=192
epiktetus
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Yau » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:05 pm

Lowing the amount on npcs on servers, ive seen too many npcs in such places as wilderness. as soon as the population of a server goes over 30 it starts to get laggy, is it possible to reduce the amount of npcs, as in get rid of ones that are unneccesary? i know they make the world more fuller but from my experience on another module npcs cause lag. so suggesting to cut a few out of each area or something.
Don't Poke the Newbies
Gar'ra'lsh - adolescent gnoll
Yau

PostAuthor: FurrorNos » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Make a rare consumable liquor which temporarily increases your crafting level across the board. Suitable example would be the Tincture of Distillates.
FurrorNos
Contributor

PostAuthor: Heed » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:41 am

Movement speed adjustments for polymorphed pc's similar to the changeling movement speed adjustment.

PC movement rate remains fixed despite the entries in the appearance.2da for the model appearance they assume upon polymorphing. i.e. a druid using elemental shape should be moving vslow if changed into an earth elemental or vfast if changed into an air elemental. However, they just move at normal PC speed.

Would make things a bit more realisitic as well as adding another dimension to the pros/cons of polymorph or shapechange.

Thanks.
Thought thinks itself.
Heed
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Croton » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:13 pm

Make some kinf of Website code that if someone goes and posts in all/multiple Taverns, or Marketplaces within just a few minutes, it rejects it.

Croton

PostAuthor: Heronimous Fox » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:57 pm

Can we have a link to the OOTS latest cartoon strip added to the front page of the avlis site links section.....
Use Gnome Machine Time, support your local gnome
Unoffical supporter of the unoffical sponsor of Nirika
Manuel the White wrote: Just do a search for "you are going to die motherfucker" and you'll probably find it.

Player of: Heronimous Fox - politician and diplomat; Nia D'Joon - knitter and midwife; Zavnuk - Dubunat pastry chef and racontuer 'Flambes a speciality'; Deek Kurandas - "I taught everything Zach nose", seeker of Mistys secret passage and best friend of Krack Hamster
Heronimous Fox
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:49 pm

Hassan, the Dagath priest in Mikona, is still asking us to kill commoners for him, despite the famine, war, plague, mass evacuation and coming of peace...

Perhaps he wants something else killed now?
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: loki70 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 pm

On the same subject as Katroine and Vroshgrak, combined, could we make Holy Symbols rechargable. It makes little sense for the god to imbue his power into an item, then you have to go out and get another one in a few weeks.
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Katroine » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:18 am

Have clerics in the temples sell their holy symbols if you are of the same faith.
"However friendly they may seem, they must be corrupt to the core, and I must never forget that."
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:41 am

expanded on kats idea: rather than sell you a holy symbol if you are the same faith, have you run some minor quest (bring water for them to bless, nobles for them to con out of coins, etc) and they'll GIVE you a holy symbol. But make this a 1 time shot thing, again only for your religion. (And maybe add tracking so if someone converts to 5 religions in 3 days to get the symbols, the god could loadstone them instead of giving them a holy symbol. ;) )
Vroshgrak

Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: Havoulov » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 am

This is PJ stuff, so that he doesnt stay out of work :shock:

Add an analyze option to the crafting tables.. its logical that a high lvl crafter can recognize woods and metals, smells oh herbs and stones in a lesser product. Lets say Analyse a sword or a bow that is 4-5 seasons lower than your current crafting lvl.It could yield a random component (some intermediate component that is with a backtrack in the recipie) an intermediate component could lead to one (random) primary component.

With analyzing enough items the crafter can get recipies unknown to him but always of -4 or -5 lvls, plus an increasing chance of succes of 10% per lvl under. Lets say, having 50% chance to recognise a component at (x-4)lvl, 60% at (x-5) etc. This way it never also gives the numerical of the items needed in a recipie and propably stops people to sell mass amounts to NPC's when they feel they are the only ones they know! could give some xp coockie too!

I only have the idea... not the programing knowledge unfortunatelly
Havoulov

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:26 am

Gates, grates, doors, etc. that require minimum STR to open, e.g. you need a big & burly fighter to lift.

Doors and tunnels that you need to be small and nimble (e.g. halfling, gnome, brownie, etc.) to be able to squeeze through.

Bridges, ropes, etc. that require minimum DEX to cross.

Etc.

Thus encouraging partying, because you need that mixed group. But also, the party is temporarlily split up leading to confusion, excitement, adrenalin, e.g. halfling has to squeeze through tunnel so he can open door from the other side, etc.
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Yau » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:30 pm

Hi again, i was thinking maybe make a server/new faction, but the faction is entirely hostile to any playable race. so the cities are hostile etc. a nation at war with everyone else, there would be friendly outposts but it could be used for long term war events. perhaps an undead nation? ruled by a lich king.... i dunno. but it could spark of lots of events. it would give RP to war types even when there are no wars.
Armies will always have sometimes to do without DM interaction.
Last edited by Yau on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't Poke the Newbies
Gar'ra'lsh - adolescent gnoll
Yau

PostAuthor: Krator » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:59 pm

In the profile on the boards, make a seperate field for "Main Character".

Also, when viewing another member's profile, make an option to 'vote' if you know his or her main character.

This should satisfy everyone's curiosity, as deep in their heart everyone wants to make a 'do you know' poll :P
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 pm

Sinomi talked alot about the EPIC feat mummy dust, I know it doesn't matter much what I think, but I wouldn't have a problem if the mummy was made alot stronger.

1. Not to many people would have it, so I'm not in "to" much danger.
2. The Avlis gates really made it weak.
3. Even though you can summon it during a battle, and i believe gate you can't, I don't think it makes up for the strength differences.

perhaps you could get the mummy strong enough to maybe, ijure something from the gate spell? something like that...

thanks for listening to me ramble on :wink:
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

Next

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team