PostAuthor: princessofjustice » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:28 am

i play two

Jocelyn : NG elven cpriestess of Dre'Ana

Heather Amakiir: CG elven mage of the green order of the forest
princessofjustice
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Hawkes » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:39 am

i play two (see below), although Aldric gets the lions share of my attention :)
Aldric Lapuli
Gleam
Hawkes
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Aerill » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:08 pm

I really play only one character - Aerill Ailpera. Used to play my army alt a lot, but right now I just don't have enough interest to play a second character. Besides that I still have at least four more characters sitting in my vaults, who are probably not going to see a lot of play anymore. My first character who I have played for three months is now gone to vault wipe.

Voted 2 since there are two characters who I will probably keep in the long run.

Aerill
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: nietzche » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:44 pm

Tel'shadar (level 16) is on call the most, and then there's Black Kendrek (still level 1), my rough mannered goblin, who I only play when my partner-in-crime, Jarbash the Razor, is around.
Most people have an above average number of arms.

nietzche

PostAuthor: Jo' d » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:12 am

10 here, although the insanity of trying to remember who knows who & what recipes they've all learned, has me sizing up what size white jacket I'll be needing. Biggest drawback is that none have developed the strong relationships that make for being included in anything meaningful. With that in mind I am dropping back and punting about 6 of them.....a tough decision due to the fact that I like playing them all. Each has their own personality & quirks.

Bruk, the plant hunter (Half Ogre, 8th)
Kangi, the mute (Elf, 8th)
Od', the timid wizard (Ganoom, 7th)
Mac, the fighter (Dwarf, 3rd)
Mick, the ranger (Halfling, 7th)
Zuka, the paranoid (Orc, 7th)
Slink, the helpful (Goblun, 7th)
Nagi', the novitiate (Elf, 10th)
Pan'si itai, the avenger (Gnoll, 8th)
Daah, keeper of the wood (Elf, 4th)

J
PEACE PLEASE!

Jo' d
Silver Member

PostAuthor: loki70 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:28 am

Two or three (I have some shortlived alts). Main is Hebrin Maul, tons of connections, remember most of them most of the time. I have Kuras alt, Rickus, who is on semi-hold until the feifs get up and running (might go more now that Jonezie is back), and I have toyed with another alt
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Pandaerus » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:44 am

Two Characters which I play both alot as they are both fun to play with and it is always a hard decision with whom to play.

1) Susallia Songbird, Troubadour and some other things.
2) Lu'wien Amakiir. LG fighter with 26 codes of honour and valour.
Pandaerus
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Jonezie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:03 am

Loki70 wrote:(might go more now that Jonezie is back)

Back? Bah...

Anyways, I have 3 characters that made it past level 2:
Elynas de'Lan'sora - Lvl 8 Elven archer who hung out in Elysia. I very much doubt that anyone remembers him, and if the 90 day monster was working, he'd have been eaten by now.
Shelly Maroon - lvl 8 Mikonan Pirate. Doesn't get out very often these days.
Renard de'Tyrens - lvl 5 Bard/Kuras tour guide/Repository of Kurathene Lore. My current 'main', but he still doesn't get out much.

Then there's the vault full of random lvl 1/2 characters that never took off. Brandon Alley - the guy I played for my first week here. Miiran - cleric of Wilsash who wasn't as much fun as Shelly. Elira, Soran al'Eileen, Testy, a few others.

Voted 1.
Jonezie
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: GHENGIZ.KHAN » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 am

I have Cain, 300 lbs of pure love.

And also my first character was a ranger who I lost intrest in.

Also 4 other characters all of which are level one and only got created to test things. If the purge was working I would only have Cain to use.
Nothing thats worth having in this world comes easily.

GHENGIZ.KHAN
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Reginald Harpell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 pm

Well So I play 2 characters. A very extravagant wizard who has a few inventions on his name. And a Thief/Psionic with which I am currently playing a lot more than with the wizard.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil. "
Nietzsche

The power of concealment lies in revelation.

Reginald Harpell

PostAuthor: Humanist » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 pm

I play one: Mondrian Kirkenstadt.

And I abandoned one: Tildor Hentrin. He didn't became what I wanted him to be :)
"I'm a great magician. You've got red clothes!" -- Betty from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

"Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished." -- Angelina Jolie as Jane Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Humanist
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Chasnor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:16 pm

I am playing...4 right now. The three in my sig, and one more. Rolan gets most of my time, Mortius is going into semi-retirement. Masters is only for rinning with the Sea-Hellmongers!!! And the other is just for days when I'm bored with everyone else.
"It's as true today as the day I started adventuring: When in doubt, set something on fire"
Belkar, Order of the Stick
Chasnor
Knight of the Ol' Wiki

Timezone: US EST

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm

Fifty wrote:1) Laen Toille was my original - lvl 6

2) Kered Rose is close to passing Laen in XP and only sentimental reasons means he hasn't.

3) Ezra Uyche is a situational character who I log on with VERY occasionally.

Selwonk Sirch and Avril Nershe are almost never used.

Rune, Aleksandr, Wulf and Enna are all requiring great will power to resist creating as three of them are already fully created in my own mind. (I spend too much time every day sitting on trains!)

Hehe... since I answered this things have changed a lot.

Kered is now well and truly the main, Laen is still my second most important character, but Shaktar has more levels than him. Ezra exists but I haven't played her for months, Selwonk Sirch is in his second incarnation, Avril dropped out of the vault long ago and I have added enough more to put me into well over double the highest option, and if I ignore characters of level 1 and 2 still have enough characters of at least 3 levels to put me into the top bracket, though a few of them have dropped out of the vault too.
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: AyounTheDark » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:57 pm

I play 2

but my first char. is still hard for me to get on with.. Whisper's my main and the one I've had most fun with sofar.

AyounTheDark
Platinum Lifer

PostAuthor: Alphonse » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:11 pm

down to just Alphonse here on Avlis now. Tried a few others but they dont feel right, and when Al stops being fun it'll be time to call an end to my time on Avlis.
Irreverence Awards 05 :most Ineffectual PC, honourable mention for most likely to give/recieve Spite

Islands of the Lost Head DM
Alphonse
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:12 pm

Just one.. I have two alts but they get played so occasionally I wouldn't count them for this.
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:16 pm

One main, but I've played 3 alts during that time - albeit briefly. All of the alts have gone to that character graveyard in the sky.

Have 1 char on another world who I play occasionally
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Baralis Truthbender » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Used to have an alt but he gets very rare gametime...only when I don't feel like playing Nagel.

Voted 1.
The Bridgekeeper vs King Arthur:
"WHAT...is your name?"
"Arthur, King of the Brits."
"WHAT...is your quest?"
"To find the Holy Grail."
"WHAT...is the average speed of a swallow?"
"An African or a European one?"
"Well I don't knooAAAARGH!"

Bedevere feat. Arthur:
"How do know so much about swallows?"
"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."
Baralis Truthbender
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Pathos Street » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Have a vault full of characters that I've started but have quickly lost interest in. I have over a dozen characters, but really only play 1. When it stops being fun or makes sense ICly, he's going to die off/be retired... we'll see where it goes from there. :D
Pathos Street
King of Avlis Charades

Timezone: CDT (GMT -5)

PostAuthor: Naieth » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm

Roughly the same as Pathos Street, I've tried alts, but they never stick because I play only character in the end - the young elven priestess I love :D .
Naieth
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: JJJ » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:29 pm

Jonezie wrote:Shelly Maroon - lvl 8 Mikonan Pirate. Doesn't get out very often these days.

*Points finger* see, I said, I always said, and he kept denying it!!! Or is it a case of "Call someone a pirate often enough and he'll end up thinking he's a pirate"?

Eh, back to the poll. 2 atm, JJ, lvl 19 monk of the Order of the Dragon, and Poppy Springwater, Druid of Dagath, my lvl 6 Kuras alt. Planning on starting a dwarven mage alt. for Visimontium too, when I can (a) find a good name for him and (b) learn to speak elementary Dwarvish.

Voted 2.

JJJ
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: pincushionman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Just one serious character, Suuhoroh. Not enough time to really play him, so little motivation for alts. Maybe when I get him to Journeyman in AAAA I'll take a little time off an run an alt of two for a month. I do HAVE a couple in the vault.

-An elf in Elysia. Probably won't ever use him again, since I don't think he's that interesting.
-A gnoll monk/to-be-druid in Le'Or. The ECL is a bitch and the fed-ex opportunities in Le'Or aren't helping much. I may have to spend some time in Mikona to get him to level 2 so I can _actually_ make him a monk-druid.
-Thinking about rolling up a kobold. Have to think harder, though, I have to make him interesting or else he'd just be an annoying kobold.
Suuhoroh . Shaahesk fighter . Journeyman armorwright, Avlis Arms and Armor Association . Corporal, M'Chek Army Blackhawk Company
Cookie (Amakiir) . Kobold chef extrordinaire - he thinks

lizard shields viewtopic.php?t=53138
timezone calc http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time_converter.aspx
AAAA recruitment viewtopic.php?t=62035
pincushionman
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Bas-Postma » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:39 pm

4 Charcaters......Lanir Fragonia......Mylo.....Moggus Borik...and Lollipop Flamehead....

They are all fun!
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Lanir Fragonia or captain green.
Mylo, Master and Dragonguard of the Order of the Dragon
Buka Buka, strongest of his tribe, smartest of his tribe and fastest of his tribe, the warrior with no brain

NEW SONGS OUT SOON!!!
http://www.nirika.nl or http://www.myspace.com/nirikaband
Bas-Postma
Sage

PostAuthor: Durgg » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

When I first started Avlis I played just one char, up to 15th lvl. Then I got bored with him and started a bunch of alts.

Its very refreshing to think, "Hmm, I'm in a old man from Kuras mode", and play in Kuras as a retired librarian with arthritis. Or say "Hmm I'm in a Verossan eco-terrorist kinda mood", and head over to Visi. I feel like my RPing has gotten a lot better since I got out of the 1-character mode. (Are you listening, Rhiss and renedq? :wink: )
"Little Red Riding Hood Strays Into the Neutral Zone and Is Never Heard From Again, Although There Are Rumors ... Awful, Awful Rumors"

Durgg
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Jonezie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:29 am

JJJ wrote:
Jonezie wrote:Shelly Maroon - lvl 8 Mikonan Pirate. Doesn't get out very often these days.

*Points finger* see, I said, I always said, and he kept denying it!!! Or is it a case of "Call someone a pirate often enough and he'll end up thinking he's a pirate"?

Err....sailor?

:wink:
Jonezie

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls