The Hoff
28%

Total votes : 209

PostAuthor: BaldManFromHell » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:22 pm

People bitchen about what other people do in or out of game! :fuck:

BaldManFromHell
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: apandapion » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:22 pm

Listening to people chew. Completely irrational, I know.

apandapion
Contributor

PostAuthor: Pathos Street » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:31 pm

"beatle/bettle"

AAAARRRGH!!! *punches things*

I don't know why this irritates me so damn much, but it does.
Pathos Street
King of Avlis Charades

Timezone: CDT (GMT -5)

PostAuthor: Glofindel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Having an epic follow a couple of us around invisible/stealthed so the dynamic spawn around the corner deathplanes us in 6.5 seconds. This has happened more than once, and I wish some people would find another means of entertainment.

A CLOSE second is people who bitch about Power/Meta gamers, but arrange DM encounters, have completely optimized builds, and only RP seriously when they know a DM is around......and.....always seem to notice the one animal with a floaty or who is not in the "proper" place, is the one to have attention directed to it...
Glofindel
Gold Lifer

PostAuthor: bolo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:21 pm

I'm gonna say people who ic are asking for a beating,( ie they publicly antagonise you or your guild, both to your face and behind your back ig and on the ic boards), then when they receive what's coming to them, they piss and moan about having CvC forced onto them, and go so far as to take it to ooc places such as irc ( another pet peeve, and I wouldn't shed a tear if irc was ever taken down), and question YOUR rp, and try to gain sympathy.

Ic consequences for ic actions. In other words, if you can't handle getting bit by an aligator, don't go kicking it in the tail, and don't go crying if you lose a foot! Damn kids nowadays, I tells ya!

Or for the really dense, don't go slamming groups like, say the Ravens or the Reavers and getting outraged when they tear you a new one.

bolo
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Marleh » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Its spelled rogue, dangit!
Marleh
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Defender » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:01 pm

I believe I can sum my feeling up in the immortal words of George Carlin...

I dont have pet peeves. I have major f*#kin psychotic hatreds.

Oh, btw..the only thing that really gets put in this catagory is lag. Yes, definately a major f%$kin psychotic hatred.
Michael K

Defender
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Snow » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Bring a rouge

Snow
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Zyndro » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:17 pm

The rogue wore red rouge, but used green rouge to polish her roguish weapons.
Zyndro
Silver Lifer

PostAuthor: loki70 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:37 pm

Zyndro wrote:The rogue wore red rouge, but used green rouge to polish her roguish weapons.
*beats Zyndo with a baton rouge* Rogue! :P
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: BaldManFromHell » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:55 pm

Defender wrote:I believe I can sum my feeling up in the immortal words of George Carlin...

I dont have pet peeves. I have major f*#kin psychotic hatreds.

Oh, btw..the only thing that really gets put in this catagory is lag. Yes, definately a major f%$kin psychotic hatred.

:good:

BaldManFromHell

PostAuthor: Slade_brimstone » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:03 am

People who tell people to use the search option to find things that people are trying to find out about...

.. the forums are fucking huge and i for one dont like wasteing the 50 min it takes to look up something when i could be playing
Currently Playering Under the login name of Ralph_The_Pervert_Moogle

Slade_brimstone

PostAuthor: loki70 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:07 am

Slade_brimstone wrote:People who tell people to use the search option to find things that people are trying to find out about...

.. the forums are fucking huge and i for one dont like wasteing the 50 min it takes to look up something when i could be playing
Only 750k posts under 75k threads. What's the problem? You don't have a job or nothing, do you? And the search engine is much better than food or sex, right?

As you can probably tell, I have a problem with this too.
loki70
QA Resource

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:13 am

Slade_brimstone wrote:People who tell people to use the search option to find things that people are trying to find out about...

That would be the reason they have a Search function. ;)
KaiRal Windspar
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Slade_brimstone » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:25 am

search option.. right.. ok lets see.. ill look for Chagelings stats... you know see what they get for being a changeling.. +2 this -2 that.. you know.. the stuff that should be easy to find..

.. very streamlined search engine we got here
Currently Playering Under the login name of Ralph_The_Pervert_Moogle

Slade_brimstone

PostAuthor: Demon Seed » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:25 am

okay Here is 2 cents and my list of issues..

1. and the MOST Irritating one to me, is LAG exspecially when you are set to a certain schedule and the only time two people from different TZ can get together and every thing and Fortano's mom is LAGGY as a Forian's day planner. Make you want to chuck computer components across the floor.

2. PETS... Unless you plan on using him inside Otiderous or Fanos shop put the bugger away.

3. Old Timers that powertrip and push around Lowbies and Newbies. My main is a mid level char and still helps out the lowes and Newbs but It erks me to no end to see a High up or "elder" character swoop in and totatly bully ever one around and if you tell them to back off ease up or something they get all riled and DP your ass when your not watching, My main has a list and slowly but surely any one that pushes him around will get thiers, If I have to hire it out or do it myself. I will get mine.

4. Being IG for awhile and something happens in RL and takes just a split second coming back to the computer knowing your char was alive and in a safe spot to see your Char DP because some shmuck wacked ya cause you were AFK, Dry loots ya then bails.. and you have no way to tell.

5. People that use OOC info IG, I have been accused of this but only once.. and that was when I was a newbie and I have done everthing in my power to not have that happen ever again. I double and triple check.. BUT it still happens ALOT.

6. BAD Rp'rs.. Example a character is a Changling.. Runs by Elf gate as a dwarf, runs all the way to Dwarf gate, goes inside a house or shop with no one there Changes into a human, happens to go bay elf gate and some one blurts out "hey wern't you a dwarf?"
Or "I would go with you to kill those bettles in the caves but I have to go to work in a few." you reply IG where is it that you Fanos or for a farmer or guild and they Reply back "JC Pennies" DAMN SEND A TELL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!..

7. As a great man once said IC and OOC mixing is like Ice Cream and Shit. You should never mix them, for it will either way leave a bad taste in your mouth. *winks at Mothandic*

8. People that expect you as a Newbie or Lowbie to know all the Intricate details of the History of Avlis, and Get all super butt hurt and shun you because you never heard of them or thier order or of some thing that happened 2 yrs ago RL. Come on people, Educate not reprimand. Just be happy if they are following the rules! Don't expect them to know and remember it like it was second nature right away.. In time they will learn what matters.. the fact that you killed something special and in your order are considered a Hero when a lowbie has no flippn clue as to what the hell your taking about doesn't give you the right to bad mouth them and tell them to log off read the forum learn the history or don't come back..I say F#&* you Mother F&%#$er!! It doesn't pertain to the present..

I will say my RAVES about Avils Is the DM's that take the time to work with people and bring them up to speed and help them along. Also there are a ton of really cool players out there with patienence that is a mile long. I kiss the ground you walk on.

Okay, so that was more like $25.82 cents but Ahhhh I feel better..
Hamlet wrote: I swear, if I see some more love and compassion, I am going to melt in a hot white chocolate puddle and a few rose petals are going to float on top. but I love you, man. :shock:

Demon Seed
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: DirtDoctor » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:35 am

now.. Do Wings in the poll count as that incessant flapping sound that our pets make? Because that drives me batty

DirtDoctor
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: loki70 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:39 am

oversized pictures
loki70
QA Resource

PostAuthor: KaiRal Windspar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:46 am

Slade_brimstone wrote:search option.. right.. ok lets see.. ill look for Chagelings stats... you know see what they get for being a changeling.. +2 this -2 that.. you know.. the stuff that should be easy to find..

.. very streamlined search engine we got here

So how is 687 matches not an effective trimming of the millions?

Also, you can refine your search further by using "Changeling AND Stats", and focusing your search to, oh, I dunno... Avlis General Discussion?

That will help to limit it down even more, and save you that precious time. ;)

btw: If you search like that, you will note it's #2 on the list... of 14 posts.

Search Smart, avoid duplication, and there will be less posts for people to wade through. :good:
KaiRal Windspar
Elder Sage

Previous

Return to Avlis Polls