Mikona - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery
  • Mikona - Lord Marcus Deth and the Order of the Dragon
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Where should Orleron place his limited resources?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Where should Orleron place his limited resources?

Expanding the lore of NWN Avlis
22%
Writing the Avlis pnp Sourcebook
11%
Whipping the Avlis Team into shape!
42%
Helping to recruit new CoPaP worlds
3%
Increasing the CoPaP playerbase
6%
Getting the Ithilla spelljamming server online
15%

Total votes : 315

PostAuthor: Havoulov » Tue May 31, 2005 6:50 am

I picked up one meaning actually that the holes in Avlis Theology for example still exist..... maybe some historical references to the fairy wars and the Great War.... Its less Job than the rest i think, on the other hand, Dealing with the team should and has to be always on the background, cause an 8 leged spider moves in 8 directions without a head! *takes out examination hammer and splatters the poor critter*
Havoulov
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Krator » Tue May 31, 2005 7:00 am

Sourcebook all the way!
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 am

I voted for the Sourcebook - I assume it would sell loads of copies, make money, which leads to more servers, more RAM, etc.

The correct answer of course is - whatever you prefer to do Boss :lol:

:good:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Aloro » Tue May 31, 2005 7:18 am

Not the whip! Not the whip!

We'll be good, we promise!

Not the whip!

The above was not addressing whether you choose to actively run the Team again... it was only a comment specifically about whips. ;)
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Tue May 31, 2005 7:33 am

I'll whip the playerbase tenfold for every abuse I get :koa:
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing

PostAuthor: loki70 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:20 am

*breaks into Divo mode*

Crack that whip!

*end Divo mode, as those are the only words I remember correctly*
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Moredo » Tue May 31, 2005 8:34 am

I'm with what Sunscream and spokeydonkey said. :)
Always consider alignment as a tool, not a straitjacket that restricts the character.
— AD&D, 2nd Edition Player's Handbook
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue May 31, 2005 1:32 pm

I'd really like to crank out the sourcebook, which I am doing. It's slow going lately, but I'm finishing up the chapter on magic and mage orders and such. Aside from a server like this one, the book has always been a big dream/goal.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Final Shinryuu » Tue May 31, 2005 1:33 pm

Orleron wrote:I'd really like to crank out the sourcebook, which I am doing. It's slow going lately, but I'm finishing up the chapter on magic and mage orders and such. Aside from a server like this one, the book has always been a big dream/goal.

/Me says Boss should do what makes Boss a happy Boss. :wink:
Final Shinryuu
Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue May 31, 2005 1:53 pm

Agreed....

I did a post something similiar on a PC that I dare speak its name, in seeking advice from the community.

Do what will be fun and enjoyable with what ever time you have to relax.

Avlis is not work its fun/hobbie
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: DrFrog711 » Tue May 31, 2005 2:02 pm

Final Shinryuu wrote:
Orleron wrote:I'd really like to crank out the sourcebook, which I am doing. It's slow going lately, but I'm finishing up the chapter on magic and mage orders and such. Aside from a server like this one, the book has always been a big dream/goal.

/Me says Boss should do what makes Boss a happy Boss. :wink:

Ditto. You should work on Avlis because it's fun, not because you feel you should.

Plus, I think it would be cool to be able to buy an Avlis PnP sourcebook.
C.S. Lewis wrote:If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.
DrFrog711
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: dougnoel » Tue May 31, 2005 4:25 pm

I voted for the sourcebook. The team's in good shape already. I like the idea of answering questions on the boards with, "The answer is in the sourcebook! Go buy it!"

dougnoel

PostAuthor: Daerthe » Tue May 31, 2005 4:58 pm

The boss is just asking for opinions, no one ever said he was going to listen to them!

*considers letting Orl borrow her whip to crack at the team in between paragraphs*

Naaah...IRC would be boring without it. :twisted:

Daerthe
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: choraldances » Tue May 31, 2005 5:03 pm

I'm already whipped, though not by Orl.
"We're not seeing [things] as they are, we are seeing as we are." Talmut

"Science, in its arrogance, may reject faith, yet it should use spirituality to illumine its way. Faith, in its ignorance, may reject science, yet it should use science to inform its way." W.D.
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Snow » Tue May 31, 2005 5:18 pm

Olaf wrote:Hey,...
*looks at results*
YOU SAYIN' I'M FAT!?!?!?!?!?!??!

*cowers*

Snow

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Tue May 31, 2005 6:30 pm

The funny thing abuot everyone voting for #3 is that the team is in the best shape it's been in since the inception of Avlis.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Heronimous Fox » Tue May 31, 2005 6:36 pm

I was going down a completely different route from this, nothing about avlis at all :D, but in consideration i voted 2. Think the team are pretty good bearing in mind the players they have to deal with :)
Use Gnome Machine Time, support your local gnome
Unoffical supporter of the unoffical sponsor of Nirika
Manuel the White wrote: Just do a search for "you are going to die motherfucker" and you'll probably find it.

Player of: Heronimous Fox - politician and diplomat; Nia D'Joon - knitter and midwife; Zavnuk - Dubunat pastry chef and racontuer 'Flambes a speciality'; Deek Kurandas - "I taught everything Zach nose", seeker of Mistys secret passage and best friend of Krack Hamster
Heronimous Fox
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: rorrim » Tue May 31, 2005 6:38 pm

tindertwiggy wrote:The funny thing abuot everyone voting for #3 is that the team is in the best shape it's been in since the inception of Avlis.

Yes! I for one am running several miles a day, going to the gym regularly, and getting at least a couple of hundred miles on my bike per month.

:)

--rorrim

rorrim
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Katroine » Tue May 31, 2005 6:38 pm

I didn't take the whipping into shape as a negative thing, more like bringing everyone up to speed with the history and policies and/or changes, since there are so many new DMs.
"However friendly they may seem, they must be corrupt to the core, and I must never forget that."
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Wiqd » Tue May 31, 2005 7:38 pm

Expanding would be good. Rhiss needs something else to break :P

Wiqd
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: storminj » Tue May 31, 2005 7:55 pm

I said spell jamming only cause that is what interests me but I have to agree that whatever makes the boss happy is what he should do and if that is the source book than yeah him. I cannot wait for that either.
storminj
Sage

PostAuthor: Istahire » Tue May 31, 2005 9:24 pm

Taking a more cynical approach to this question:

Whatever the team do, and however good a place NWN:Avlis is to RP in, NWN:Avlis will ultimately die in a few years. Its longevity would be extended by porting it to NWN2:Avlis, or any "EngineX:"Avlis, but, sadly, it'll still become a victim of technological change. However, people will still be interested in adventure and fantasy, and the consept of Avlis is one that, apparently, many find attractive. So, while the technology will eventually leave NWN:Avlis in the dark, the sourcebook and expanded lore of Avlis would be able to make the Avlis concept live on through PnP and the like, given that it is well written, and functions as a good basis for campaign-making.

In addition: As long as this place exists, more lore, and a comprehensive sourcebook will make it an even better place to live out our fantasies, as it increases the IC/RP options, and makes the whole thing more "believable".

So, I voted for the sourcebook; lore-expanding coming in as a good second. :D

As for whipping of team-members, please take pictures of it, and post them in the forum :twisted:
Istahire
Silver Player

PostAuthor: thelamia » Tue May 31, 2005 11:02 pm

Istahire wrote:Taking a more cynical approach to this question:

Whatever the team do, and however good a place NWN:Avlis is to RP in, NWN:Avlis will ultimately die in a few years. Its longevity would be extended by porting it to NWN2:Avlis, or any "EngineX:"Avlis, but, sadly, it'll still become a victim of technological change. However, people will still be interested in adventure and fantasy, and the consept of Avlis is one that, apparently, many find attractive. So, while the technology will eventually leave NWN:Avlis in the dark, the sourcebook and expanded lore of Avlis would be able to make the Avlis concept live on through PnP and the like, given that it is well written, and functions as a good basis for campaign-making.

In addition: As long as this place exists, more lore, and a comprehensive sourcebook will make it an even better place to live out our fantasies, as it increases the IC/RP options, and makes the whole thing more "believable".

So, I voted for the sourcebook; lore-expanding coming in as a good second. :D

As for whipping of team-members, please take pictures of it, and post them in the forum :twisted:

While I do agree with most of what you're saying here, the idea of Avlis dying in a few years as a definate, isn't really set in stone. A MUD that I used to play on 10 years ago is still around, and they are pure text. It's the atmosphere and such that makes Avlis what it is, not the engine... in my opinion, anyways :)

Not to mention, the type of players a roleplaying world like Avlis attracts, tend to be the ones who don't care about having a Geforce 1000 10G DDR7000 video card, 40ghz processor and having the latest technology in their games. I think most of us are here for the roleplaying aspects :)
thelamia
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Drakuul » Tue May 31, 2005 11:52 pm

Getting more time with his gorgeous wife and kids... they're only that small and cute once - get all the time you can before they turn into whining adolescents :)
Drakuul
Sage

PostAuthor: KeirannHalcynn » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 am

Drakuul wrote:Getting more time with his gorgeous wife and kids... they're only that small and cute once - get all the time you can before they turn into whining adolescents :)

HEY! we're not all bad. *thinks about his recent 18 birthday for no apparent reason*
Get all you can...can all you get...and sit on the can...

KeirannHalcynn
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls