M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 0
Gallery

Links Menu

I'm not a team member, but can I answer questions here?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

I'm not a team member, but can I answer questions here?

PostAuthor: Deider » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:25 am

No.

I know a lot of you are just trying to help. I know a lot of you are just bursting to share your encyclopedic knowledge of Avlis and NWN with others. But please don't, at least not in this forum.

There are enough team members now to be able to answer the questions posted here in a timely manner. If no matter what you can't resist the urge to add your input on a topic or question posted here, then either make a post in General Discussion and link it to this one, or PM the player who asked the question with your answer.

Nothing against those of you who are trying to help. It's just that when questions to the team are posed, especially if they are about our stance on certain issues, then it is definitely best for those answers to come from a team member. There have also been cases where players gave an incorrect answer or offered misinformation based on either assumption, ignorance, or both - and I'd like to avoid that in the future. Thanks for your cooperation! :)
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Deider » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:07 am

Also, we get a lot of questions here that really should not go into this forum. “Ask the Team” is sort of a vague name, so I can understand why we get those questions. But if you read the post explaining the purpose of this forum, you’ll realize that it is to answer questions about the team’s stance on issues/rules and to explain aspects of Avlis systems that may be unclear.

If you have a question, the first thing you should do, in all cases, is do a boards search. 95% of the time you’ll find that your question has already been answered. If not, the next thing you should do is think about the nature of your question:

1) Is it a question about NWN itself, about scripts within NWN or the game mechanics of NWN? If so, your question is better posed in NWN General Discussion or NWN Scripting. Actually, I’d do a search on Bioware’s forums first, to see if your question has already been answered there.
2) Is it a question about the world info, like “Why doesn’t ____ have rangers?” or “How long is Skern’s… tail?” If so, guess what – we have a forum called Comments and QUESTIONS on World Information devoted to such queries. Use it, and use it well.
3) Is it a question like this: “Can you add handkerchiefs?” or “Can a DM run an event for me?” These are not interrogatives, they are requests. If you want handkerchiefs added, post it in the Player Idea Box. If you want to request some DM help, PM a DM directly (there’s a thread that tells you which DMs lurk on which servers, and who is the Head DM for that server), or if you are not sure which DM to contact, e-mail us at staff@avlis.org.
4) Lastly, ask yourself a question – “Is this a question that a non-team member can answer?” If the answer is yes, then post it in General Discussion. Then the Dirks, Fuzzes, Fifties and Nobs of Avlis can enlighten you.

In other words, if it’s a question that only a team member can answer, then it’s a good candidate for Ask the Team. Otherwise, it should go elsewhere. Remember, the forums are a tool – using them effectively will get you the information you want more quickly and efficiently.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team