Taunt
0%
Tumble
5%
UMD
1%

Total votes : 321

PostAuthor: Fifty » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:22 pm

Arena Helerin wrote:Does the lore modifier max at 99? I've never seen a roll go past 99 but I stopped caring when my lore modifier was so high that it didn't even matter anymore.

I'll tell you in a minute
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fifty » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:27 pm

Hmmm.. bugger, identify does not actually give as many points up as the spell description says it does, so I cannot get high enough to check.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Vipact » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:32 pm

One of my characters has rolled over one hundred on lore, but I doubt the modifier was over 99.
Vipact
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:36 pm

Discipline for Vichan..with gear and a buff or two his Discipline is well over 50
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

Skill my main has the most points in:

PostAuthor: Daemona » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:41 pm

Poor Dae feel inferior looking at these skills: Hide, M/S and Tumble are at about 25 to 30.
Daemona
Sage

PostAuthor: Ravan Seiryu » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:42 pm

identify does not actually give as many points up as the spell description says it does

IIRC, skill point modifier benefit from spells and items max at +50. So could that be the reason it doesn't match the description?
Ravan Seiryu
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Dark_EK » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:55 pm

heal, heal and more heal. than everything else scattered around.
"...and if I don't pay up, I'll go to jail for tax evasion. I'm crazy enough to take on Batman. But the IRS? No, thank you." - The Joker
Dark_EK
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: The hand04 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:21 am

Taran has max hide, movesilently, listen, and discipline.. Stealth gets rediculiously high with ranger spells. He also has farely good set traps and search skills. Not to mention as much healing skills as I could spare. I think he fits the persona of a woodland ranger farely well. Only thing that gets me is people tend to treat him like a front line fighter. Not that he can't do it but his heart is in scouting and stealth..
"Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field." Sun Tzu, Art of War.

The hand04
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: choraldances » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:40 am

Not joking, as of right now, Mel's most skill points are in Persuade :)

Politician now :)
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Czarcasm » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:42 am

choraldances wrote:Not joking, as of right now, Mel's most skill points are in Persuade :)

Persuade-ists? Unite! Aspiring politician here w/Kastor.

Czarcasm

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:44 am

Ravan Seiryu wrote:
identify does not actually give as many points up as the spell description says it does

IIRC, skill point modifier benefit from spells and items max at +50. So could that be the reason it doesn't match the description?

That would be the problem.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:44 am

choraldances wrote:Not joking, as of right now, Mel's most skill points are in Persuade :)

How many points?

*cries to think that Mel probably has more persuade points than Kered*
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:05 am

Heal is the only skill Eldraea has actually maxed out so far.. that's 22 ranks, skill focus, and wisdom for 31 total.

Her character sheet sits at 64 unbuffed.

Reaching triple digits after buffing though.
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing

PostAuthor: Hamlet » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:14 am

Maybe I am weird, but I cannot remember at the moment of a situation when I have had one skill noticeably exceeding the others. I simply distribute skill points equally to everything I want to. The only exception is when I take a non-class skill, such as Tumble and Open Lock for a Cleric, then the points in that skill are indeed lower than the others.

I have pointed "Hide" in the poll, but it is a result of the equipment I have gathered. Elghinyrr usually walks around with 36 Hide 28 Move Silently at Lvl 6 Rogue Lvl 2 Wizard, but when he decides to get out of the shadows and go in battle, he changes where he sees it fit and the Hide / Move Silently get down to less than half of this, levelling to all the other skills he is mastering. When we are not Hiding, it's time for changing our boots and Tumble, precious. Bless the rogue-friendly Avlis items, and the slant of Elghinyrr to mess in plots.

:)
#AVLISPLAYERHOUSING
#WHATSHERNAMEAGAIN

Hamlet, please don't kill me
-Plethora

Hamlet
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007

PostAuthor: Shadow Monkey » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:24 am

I voted Hide but its equal to MS, Tumble and search, few points less go Open Lock, Set/Disable trap, UMD ((and 6 in craft trap mistake made at first levels :cry: )) So most of these skills are maxed ... though I dint take any spot or listen because of low wisdom and Pag got hit on a head and cant see and hear as he could before 8)
"Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. They will believe anything they want to be true or fear to be true."
Shadow Monkey
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: loki70 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:28 am

I maxed out heal, tumble and lore. Tumble is the only one that I use constantly (makes getting to the mages behind the front line much easier when you play linebacker and run through the front line). The heal is because, more often than not, the charge through the line doesn't work the way I planned. The lore is so that I can learn to make those kits easier. With gear, the lore is definitely higher, but tumble works for AC and heal makes my char useful in a party other than as a mage slayer.

My other character only gets 2 skill points per level, so it is split between discipline and spellcraft (cleric/fighter)
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:35 am

Wyrmwing wrote:Heal is the only skill Eldraea has actually maxed out so far.. that's 22 ranks, skill focus, and wisdom for 31 total.

Triple digits after buffing..you have a higher total buffed skill than Divinia in that case... :shock:

Divinia's max skill-points are in Heal, Spellcraft and Spot, but Spot doesn't reach the same total RANK due to X-class points in it. Lore is following closely by, Concentration and Tumble yet again following them. Animal Empathy and Persuade close the line of significant skills with exactly 20 points in them, after which come a pletora of rogue-skills around 3-5-ish.

Her highest total SKILL will be in spot, which is triple digit. Heal follows closely by with 60 skill naked, 37 item-bonus from staff+9/ robe+7/ amulet+6/ ring+12/ ring+3 when clothed makes 97. I could squeeze it to 101 with the Order-gloves i guess, but usually don't wear those. *looks up again* Three digit skill, Wyrm? I'm impressed indeed. :)
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
Khaelindra
Contributor

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: loki70 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:42 am

Khaelindra wrote:
Wyrmwing wrote:Heal is the only skill Eldraea has actually maxed out so far.. that's 22 ranks, skill focus, and wisdom for 31 total.

Triple digits after buffing..you have a higher total buffed skill than Divinia in that case... :shock:

Divinia's max skill-points are in Heal, Spellcraft and Spot, but Spot doesn't reach the same total RANK due to X-class points in it. Lore is following closely by, Concentration and Tumble yet again following them. Animal Empathy and Persuade close the line of significant skills with exactly 20 points in them, after which come a pletora of rogue-skills around 3-5-ish.

Her highest total SKILL will be in spot, which is triple digit. Heal follows closely by with 60 skill naked, 37 item-bonus from staff+9/ robe+7/ amulet+6/ ring+12/ ring+3 when clothed makes 97. I could squeeze it to 101 with the Order-gloves i guess, but usually don't wear those. *looks up again* Three digit skill, Wyrm? I'm impressed indeed. :)

*hands Divinia a heal kit +1*

Just as good as the Heal spell for my character, and that's when he's on death's door. Well, out of combat, anyway.
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:05 pm

loki70 wrote:
Khaelindra wrote:

*hands Divinia a heal kit +1*

Just as good as the Heal spell for my character, and that's when he's on death's door. Well, out of combat, anyway.

Healing kits can only be used when healing hp or poison/disease...they can't help you in making a skill-check as you can't equip them, same story as lock-picks. If a DM asks for a check, kits don't help.

And they never compete with a Heal-spell...the spell-effect-animation of the Heal-spell is so impressive it's noted across the battlefield, even more impressive than the Mass Heal animation. :D Every time that spell is used i still go like..."wow :o , some STRONG stuff used there"...
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
Khaelindra
Contributor

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Arandil » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:12 pm

Quicksilvers is Discipline and spellcraft.

Arandil
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:43 pm

That is ideal circumstances Khaelindra.. you'll be higher than me on account of 15 levels and epic skill focus ;)

But 22 ranks, +3 from skill focus, +9 from wisdom, +38 from gear, +12 from the kit itself, +20 from the die roll equals 104.

I suspect you can get a higher wis bonus with Divinia than I can, plus 15 additional ranks and epic skill focus.. say 130 as a conservative estimate.
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing

PostAuthor: TilenN » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:00 pm

I have split equally between: persuade, lore, heal, discipline and tumble. That makes 19 points each?

Works perfectly for my char, though persuade is quite useless, and so is lore- except for identifying things. I love healing myself outside combat, two kits and i'm back to full health.

TilenN
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Melindha » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Well, my character sheet says spot and tumble are both at 13. I know for a fact that I only put 5 points into tumble (cross-class and I only get 2 points per level... what was I thinking?), so my highest must be spot. They're all abysmally low though.
Melindha
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: DarknessFallsLight » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Spellcraft, Lore, Concentration, and Heal I max out. Spellcraft and Lore make some great RP rolls and heal cuz being a mage and not using spells nonstop sorta makes you a secondary healer.
Here's to a long life and a merry one, a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and an honest one, a cold pint and another one!
DarknessFallsLight

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:26 pm

Concentration + spellcraft.

Wizard. *shrugs* :)
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11

I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls