Server Totals
M'Chek - (5)
Le'Or - (1)
Visimontium - (1)
Ferrell - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 7
Gallery

Links Menu

Biggest pet peeve?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Biggest pet peeve?

wings
20
10%
mercs
18
9%
newbs
13
6%
cloaks
17
8%
pets
13
6%
tails
6
3%
old timers
37
18%
glowsticks
14
7%
tells
12
6%
The Hoff
59
28%
 
Total votes : 209

PostAuthor: Shinaa » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:47 pm

N00bs (even though at one point we all were n00bs as well!) and/or people with very high level characters that can't spell for the life of them... Reminds me of my 1337 AIM days... Ugh... And people that use more than three exclamation points at a time...
S.K-A. - "She died in my arms this morning."
Milora Tena'tneth - Self-proclaimed insane Elven being, general nuisance to the general public.
User avatar
Shinaa
Lord of Blithering Idiots
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: Stabbing someone in the face.

PostAuthor: Final Shinryuu » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Cloaks! Why? Well, I can only find one cloak model to attach to my character's armor, and it's one that doesen't move much and looks pretty bad. Well, I see all these other people with a different cloak that just looks a whole lot cooler! It's biger, embroidered on the sides, and is all flowey.... :)

I'm jealous. You hear that! Jealous!
User avatar
Final Shinryuu
Sage
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:20 am
Location: http://hades.mercuric.net/

PostAuthor: Croton » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:25 pm

players that only think of how their actions are going to affect them, not others in their party, or in the area. For example... People who know there are traps, but just run through them because they themselves won't be hurt.

Croton
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5950
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: (-4 GMT - Summer)

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:26 pm

3: Rogue levels: 2 BAB, +2d6 sneak, evasion, uncanny dodge, +3 reflex save, 3x8 +int skill points to spend on a large amount of now class skills.

Yes, it's a lot. No, I'm not pointing fingers. Actually, from most that have a few rogue levels, I know there's a perfectly good reason for those levels.
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:41 pm
Location: Croissant Country

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:31 pm

Other: IC or OOC bashing of individuals or groups on the forums. This gets my blood boiling everytime.
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
User avatar
Malathyre
Sage
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Location: Michigan, U.S.A. (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:29 pm

Take your 'other' and 'none of the above' options and stuff em in your bum.

NEVER I SAY!
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
User avatar
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 7424
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:45 pm

PostAuthor: Mothandric » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:03 pm

People who don't read the boards and have no idea what is going on in Avlis

Mothandric
Sage
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:47 pm
Location: GMT +1

PostAuthor: Odin Hammersong » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:23 pm

What's Avlis?

:shock:

EDIT: Because I just can't post OT: the Hoff doesn't bother me nearly as much as his wool sweater. :?

Odin Hammersong
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: Colorado

PostAuthor: Significant Owl » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:32 pm

The Hoff, definately.
User avatar
Significant Owl
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 2979
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Copenhagen.
Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: Tahni » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:05 pm

people / guilds that hog or take over plots, pushing out those who did a lot of the ground work, but miss out on the finale......



bitter?


too right!
Nothing's forgotten, nothing is EVER forgotten
User avatar
Tahni
Sage
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: The Darkest Shire of Berks
Timezone: GMT+0

PostAuthor: Olaf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:27 am

I picked the hoff...
It's one thing to talk about him on the boards but shit.. To bring it into game is a little... "draining"..
*plays with Tahni's avatar some more* :lol:
Last edited by Olaf on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself... unless you can be a Unicorn. Then always be a Unicorn.
User avatar
Olaf
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:37 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
DM Avatar: Titania

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:34 am

Isengrim wrote:
Arandil wrote:People who assume that other people have taken 3 levels of rogue for no logical reason. Or any other level combination. It's very difficult to get to a higher rogue level without getting to level 3 at some point! Stop metagaming!


Seconded.
My character has 3 levels of rouge, even though he is officially roleplayed as a pure wizard, because he is.... :shock: ops! :D Shouldn't say that loud... :oops:

Well, being a rouge helps him somewhat in doing of his part-time job. :)


Presumably it is because he has only taken three levels that he hasn't learnt to spell rogue properly yet. I guess spelling classes come with level four.........
User avatar
Fire Monkey
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:11 pm

PostAuthor: Anyamaur » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:55 am

Why do i not see "powerlevelers" as an option?
i swear next person i see reach from fucking level 1 to fucking level 17 in a WEEK i'm gonna powerlevel back, just so i can kick their asses, then ask for someone to take away my powerlevels, so that i may restore my pride.
User avatar
Anyamaur
Scholar
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:57 am

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:09 am

Just wait until they grow bored and leave.. why worry about them? ;)
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:41 pm
Location: Croissant Country

PostAuthor: Anyamaur » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:10 am

Wyrmwing wrote:Just wait until they grow bored and leave.. why worry about them? ;)


It makes my mind, heart & soul tingle with blood-lust. :twisted:
User avatar
Anyamaur
Scholar
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:57 am

PostAuthor: VETT SCALES L7 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:25 am

Wings are.....hmm. But my real pet peeve is Powergamers that somehow get in plots.

*nods*
User avatar
VETT SCALES L7
pwned by ninja
 
Posts: 2988
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:17 am
Location: Vancouver,Canada

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 am

Fire Monkey wrote:
Isengrim wrote:Seconded.
My character has 3 levels of rouge, even though he is officially roleplayed as a pure wizard, because he is.... :shock: ops! :D Shouldn't say that loud... :oops:

Well, being a rouge helps him somewhat in doing of his part-time job. :)


Presumably it is because he has only taken three levels that he hasn't learnt to spell rogue properly yet. I guess spelling classes come with level four.........


Oh yeah, thanks for the merithoric (am I spelling it correct?) addition to the discussion.
Misspelling makes me cheater, powergamer and n00b. :evil:
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11


I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
User avatar
Isengrim
Silver Contributor
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland (Winter: GMT +1, Summer: +2)

PostAuthor: Dralix » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 am

Two line posts with 15 line signatures is rapidly climbing the list ....

Dralix
Silver Contributor
 
Posts: 4764
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: FTP

PostAuthor: Serineth Swiftpaw » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 am

Dralix wrote:Two line posts with 15 line signatures is rapidly climbing the list ....


hehe, also agreed. Most forums seem to have a line limit imposed.
User avatar
Serineth Swiftpaw
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:13 am

PostAuthor: Liartes » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:30 pm

People who refer to rogues as makeup.

I get really stabby.
User avatar
Liartes
Sage
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:19 am
Location: Arizona, USA (GMT -7)

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:33 pm

Serineth Swiftpaw wrote:
Isengrim wrote:
Arandil wrote:People who assume that other people have taken 3 levels of rogue for no logical reason. Or any other level combination. It's very difficult to get to a higher rogue level without getting to level 3 at some point! Stop metagaming!


Seconded.
My character has 3 levels of rouge, even though he is officially roleplayed as a pure wizard, because he is.... :shock: ops! :D Shouldn't say that loud... :oops:

Well, being a rouge helps him somewhat in doing of his part-time job. :)


Why not two levels then? The keyword here is Feats, especially the ones they get at level 3. If it is ok for people to take three levels of rogue when it's blatantly 3 for the feats, then people should be able to take one level of SD, or one level of Paladin...


Allow people to keep their own ideas for character build, llright? My current plan is to get 2 more levels in wizard, then 2 next in rogue, then I'll see. As mainly a wizard, my character concentrates mainly on his studies... yet when he reaches the point at where he wouldn't progress in his arcane studies, he would have to be interested in doing some shadowy tricks. Taking 10 levels of rogue should be, according to your point of view, also regarded negatively, as at level 10 rogues get next shitload of goodies... :roll:
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11


I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
User avatar
Isengrim
Silver Contributor
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland (Winter: GMT +1, Summer: +2)

PostAuthor: Alphonse » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:35 pm

pet peeve.

people who bitch about other peoples build.

We all play differently. deal with it
Irreverence Awards 05 :most Ineffectual PC, honourable mention for most likely to give/recieve Spite

Islands of the Lost Head DM
User avatar
Alphonse
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:26 am
Location: GMT

PostAuthor: Gairus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:39 pm

If only we could edit them.

I now vote for the way RL interruptions never seem to happen while solo/alone, but are legion when some RP potential is going on. *sigh*

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm
Location: East Australia GMT +10

PostAuthor: The hand04 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:40 pm

Serineth Swiftpaw wrote:People who take 3 levels of Rogue for no logical IC reason (which seems to be everyone :cry: )


spot and tumble. :D.. Evasion, alot of other good stuffs.
Last edited by The hand04 on Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field." Sun Tzu, Art of War.

The hand04
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:29 am

PostAuthor: Alphonse » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Gairus wrote:If only we could edit them.

I now vote for the way RL interruptions never seem to happen while solo/alone, but are legion when some RP potential is going on. *sigh*


Its true.
Irreverence Awards 05 :most Ineffectual PC, honourable mention for most likely to give/recieve Spite

Islands of the Lost Head DM
User avatar
Alphonse
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:26 am
Location: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]