M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Would you buy a hard cover D20 System Avlis sourcebook?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Would you buy a hard cover D20 System Avlis sourcebook?

Yes, I would buy 2 or more!
8%
Yes, I would get one.
54%
Maybe.
23%
No, I do not plan on playing pnp
7%
No, I am not interested.
7%
The Hoff would buy one, baby!
2%

Total votes : 292

PostAuthor: Velvet Embrace » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:01 am

Orleron wrote:

How much extra to get a autographed copy signed by all the team members to keep as a keepsake of all the great times I have had in the past nearly 2 years both as a player and past Team member.

Price for me to buy book + price I pay for shipping + price I pay to ship the thing around the world getting it signed + price it costs to ship it to you + a profit

== A Lot!

Though if enough people would want this, you could have those in certain areas sign (a picture, or something) and mail that to you, Orl. Then you could place these in the book and add the lower cost of the mailing to a special book set. Just a thought :P
The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance.
In memory of 9-11
You will not be forgotten.

Velvet's Potrait:: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/portraits/ ... 7289.shtml
Velvet Embrace
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: darkrain2309 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:41 am

darkrain2309 wrote:
Orleron wrote:

How much extra to get a autographed copy signed by all the team members to keep as a keepsake of all the great times I have had in the past nearly 2 years both as a player and past Team member.

Price for me to buy book + price I pay for shipping + price I pay to ship the thing around the world getting it signed + price it costs to ship it to you + a profit

== A Lot!

OK let me know when you get that Price :D

On a serious note if you wanted to do a signed but not each personally send around a sheet of paper to one team member and each signs and sends it to the next until It gets back to YOU Orl..Then you can add a photo copied page to the book..Everyone gets a signed book :D And you get the Original that you either keep for yourself or hold an Auction/Tourney or whatever you feel. Just a crazy Idea I thought of and would not cost much to do..Well Let me Say Merry Christmas from me here on the east coast.
darkrain2309
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: TheElvenKing » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:46 am

My days of PnP are over I'm pretty sure, but I'd be the first in line to purchase a copy regardless if I'd ever be using it for a campaign.

Truth is, anything that helps support this place is a good thing and I'm all for that! :wink:
dougnoel wrote:Q: But...
A: No.

TheElvenKing
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:01 am

Those are interesting ideas. I will be thinking about a fundraiser, but right now I need to get a lot of blanks filled in in the writing.

What would people think of a "contributors page" near the end of the book.... sort of a big page saying something like "This book was made possible by the following persons: " and on it, I would list all who donated more than a certain amount of money, like $100 or more?
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: darkrain2309 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:08 am

Orleron wrote:Those are interesting ideas. I will be thinking about a fundraiser, but right now I need to get a lot of blanks filled in in the writing.

What would people think of a "contributors page" near the end of the book.... sort of a big page saying something like "This book was made possible by the following persons: " and on it, I would list all who donated more than a certain amount of money, like $100 or more?

I think that would be a great idea. And as far as donating if there is a way to send a check or money order I am game..I don't like paypal had a ....bad experience.. But I will help to get this started. :D
darkrain2309
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Dralix » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:39 am

Orleron wrote:What would people think of a "contributors page" near the end of the book.... sort of a big page saying something like "This book was made possible by the following persons: " and on it, I would list all who donated more than a certain amount of money, like $100 or more?

I'd like to think that would be a VERY long list.

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Arnimane » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:41 am

Dralix+1
Lead me not unto temptation...I know the way.

Arnimane
Scholar

PostAuthor: gwydion2 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:15 am

Not something I'd ever use for PNP, but a hardcopy Avlis reference book would be awesome.
gwydion2
Silver Contributor

Timezone: Gmt+1

PostAuthor: strickp » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:17 pm

Hell yes!

Hardcover books are expensive though, especially for independents to do. My brother owns a d20 supplement company (Expeditious Retreat Press) and he said he had to move down to softcover because of the price considerations for his first efforts. So I would be willing to pay a bit more than some mentioned here.

I mean come on, we pay $35-$50 for a concert ticket or close to $30 for only two CDs, and those things are over in a few hours or get filed in with all the other CDs you own. Avlis is something that keeps us entertained for hours and hours and enriches our experiences for the long-term. I think $50 or less is not unreasonable......

JMHO :lol:
Player of Arania 'Raney' Moonshadow, FEATer and Bard
Acting Master, Luminous Order Of The Mind

Xzar Nefzen: I don't care, the badgers can eat me!
Arania: Okay guys, we really need to try not to leave a path of bloody destruction behind us.
strickp
Can't Unhear Things

PostAuthor: Bigdaddy037 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:42 am

Great idea! Hopefully there is enough support for it.
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...

Bigdaddy037
Scholar

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:27 am

I'd buy one, certainly. Let me know if you need a perfectionistic, grammar-snobby, (and most importantly) cheap editor with an uncanny ability for paraphrasing and a near-photographic memory. :)
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
Malathyre
Sage

PostAuthor: CPU » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:24 am

I like lots of pretty pictures though. Put in alot of pictures and I could see this as a birthday present or two. :D :wink:
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: Curois » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:55 am

I would certainly buy it. I like PnP very much, but such a book would even be an enrichment of your Online Avlis experience!
Curois
Scholar

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:46 pm

@CPU: I plan to put a good amount of artwork into it if possible. I've been keeping my eye out for artists who are able to do this cheaply.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: CPU » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:02 pm

Orleron wrote:@CPU: I plan to put a good amount of artwork into it if possible. I've been keeping my eye out for artists who are able to do this cheaply.

That's cool. I'd buy two copies, even if the artwork was bad! (one for me another as a present). An Avlis source book would be neat to have.
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: methuselah » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:04 am

I would definitely buy one, maybe more. Id love to play Avlis on PnP. My friends that play PnP and Avlis would agree.
Dralix wrote:If there's one thing I've learned about you from these forums, it's that there are two sides to every issue ... and you are on both of them. ;)
Darkfire wrote:You have more balls then I do, because I'm still at my job taking it up the brown. Props to you methuselah.

methuselah
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:54 pm

Just an update.... Since posting this poll, I started seriously writing the missing pieces of the sourcebook. You can tell because I've been posting some of it in the World Info forums as I go. Partly, it's so I can have a backup offsite, and partly it's so you can see some of the progress. I've written between 80 and 100 pages of double-spaced word document in the last 10 days or so, and am working with a couple of people to do some tentative artwork.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: Wyrmwing » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:26 pm

Booyeah!!!! :D
Sadako Sasaki wrote:I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world.

Wyrmwing

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:11 pm

Have you started the Avlis DM's guide? The audience is much smaller but they're an eager bunch!
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:52 pm

hehe.. no. The sourcebook will likely be geared towards both to some extent, because it's very expensive to do a book, and twice as expensive to do two!
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: choraldances » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:54 pm

Would buy more than two. :)
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Serineth Swiftpaw » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:18 pm

It would depend on the cost. I would buy it for two reasons, firstly to help support you all, and second to have a hard copy of information (I'm one of these people that hates online manuals). Basically I'm broke and cost is always a big factor to broke people :wink:
Serineth Swiftpaw
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: altarofreality » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:10 pm

you mean we have a choice?

i thought it was all part of gods plan, to see that each and every one of us buys a copy.

do it!

i have knives! i have MANY knives!

do it!

*is innocent*
qui per fidem decipit
altarofreality
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Moonyju » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:18 am

Dralix wrote:I have no PnP experience, nor any plans to take it up really, but I would still likely buy it to use as a convenient summation of world information, made portable to read on planes, toilets, the bathtub and other places my internet connection doesn't (or shouldn't) go.

Same here. I find it less tiring for the eyes to read all that information on paper rather than on screen.. and a book is much more handy than a pile of paper out of the printer... :D
Gurky's BOOM theory wrote:Oh.... ! I must Stress this.
'tis ... not a Boom.
*Looks to everyone seriously.*
'tis a BOOM.
Nay, 'tis a BOOM !
Perhaps even a BOOM! !
Moonyju
Sage

PostAuthor: Ragin » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:34 am

Easy reference is always good... if around $30.00 USD... sure
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-Albert Einstein
Conall(shifted)
Ragin
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls