13 - 18 months
12%
19 - 24 months
16%
> 2 years
9%

Total votes : 302

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:17 pm

Maybe make the application process longer, with an email containg Velvet's new guide and some useful links (like rules and that "how not to act like a cock" post (which I should reread sometime)), which they can read whilst they wait.
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Kaona » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:19 pm

My oldest and only character has been around for a month now? :D

Yep, another noob?but one that has been playing NWN online on another server for over a year?Does that count??
Kaona

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Olaf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Kaona wrote:My oldest and only character has been around for a month now? :D

Yep, another noob?but one that has been playing NWN online on another server for over a year?Does that count??

NO! ONLY AVLIS COUNTS! *insert demonic bellow* :twisted:

Viva la Avlis!
Always be yourself... unless you can be a Unicorn. Then always be a Unicorn.
Olaf
Team Member; Retired with Honors

DM Avatar: Titania

PostAuthor: Kaona » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:18 pm

Ummmm....did I mention that I left that other server for a much greater one?? :D

*crosses fingers trying not to run and hide*
Kaona

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

Kaona wrote:Yep, another noob?but one that has been playing NWN online on another server for over a year?Does that count??

If the question is "what do I need to do to get a beating round here?", then yes

:P

PS Welcome to Avlis. Forget about any other game. Or real life
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Morgoth » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:05 pm

Wyrmwing wrote:Eldraea was created in early January I think.. so I'm solidly in the 7-12 zone for now :)

well there are a few of us that started around that time

SpellBinder 1-5-2004

i guess morgoth is just about 9 years older then when he started

27 now *hmm gets some paper to calculate his birthday to the nearest week counting backwards*
When the sun goes down the shadows come out to play.
Morgoth
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Tahni » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:46 pm

Both Tahni and Sligo were started around July / Aug 2003, Tahni has reached the dizzy heights of Lvl 13 and Sligo has just got to lvl 11
Nothing's forgotten, nothing is EVER forgotten
Tahni
Sage

Timezone: GMT+0

PostAuthor: The Nomad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:40 pm

6 weeks since I created my first character Shala, and she's just reached level 4. Most of her xp - about 75% - has come from crafting and a couple of cookies.

As to newbies posting on the boards, well this is my second post since joining so I'm firmly in the *lurker* catagory.
The Nomad

PostAuthor: Tristan_Durst » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:19 am

Started less than a month ago on Avlis, and my current character is about 2 weeks old now. Went through a couple to find what I wanted. So far everyone has been extremly nice, and friendly.

Psycho> I can not talk for other n00bs besides myself, but i have read most of the posts in the forums (Well the newer ones and the history). I have used the search function, which can seem a little overwellming. ( i asked it to search something out when I first started , and got back over 2000 hits... :shock: )

But I am slowly muddeling my way through the forums. seems a little daunting at times, buty I am happy none the less to be here.
"The best way to start something, is to stop talking, and start doing." - Walter E. Disney
Tristan_Durst
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Beary666 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:25 am

Velvet Embrace wrote:I'm working on it! *points to Doug's whip marks on her back* :lol:

It's more of a guide to what's different and the amjor what NOT's to do than anything else.

Should be done shortly. RL being a #%@#$ right now and getting in the way. I use Avlis to relax, so my time with Avlis has been more playing than working on the guide. :oops:

WHAT!! Using Avlis for your own enjoyment when you have work to do! *shakes head and gets out whip*

I find that it feels much better if you starve yourself of Avlis and get everything you need to get done, done first and then have a nice long 48 hour Avlis binge :D
Beary666
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: methuselah » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:47 am

I've been on Avlis for 6 monthes now.

I have 3 main characters, Lomir is 7th lv, Methuselah is 9th lv, and Bulir is 12th Lv.

Avlis ROCKS!!!!
Dralix wrote:If there's one thing I've learned about you from these forums, it's that there are two sides to every issue ... and you are on both of them. ;)
Darkfire wrote:You have more balls then I do, because I'm still at my job taking it up the brown. Props to you methuselah.

methuselah
Apprentice Scholar

Heya all...

PostAuthor: Cuxn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:53 am

Nice topic...

Ya I guess Cuxn has been around for over 2 years now....errr..that is if I was still playing..

Glad to see that some of the old timers are still around, Glad to see Avlis is still alive and Kicking!

FUCK I HATE DIALUP!!! ( just had to get that off of my chest )

I hope that everyone who can actually remember as to who I am is doing well ( in game and RL )

Congrats on your twin boys Orleron...I feal your pain...though I guss you feal TWICE MINE!!!...hee hee

well...got to go..stay well everyone...I miss ya all..

and here is one for the road..

LOL LOL LOL!!!
<Cuxn> what have you been up too?
<Aralee> 10 banana's

Cuxn
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: swoods » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:26 am

Psyco wrote:This poll is a little disturbing in a few ways.

I know there are still people comign into avlis, i see them all the time. Yet on the poll very few have been playing less than 3 months, does this mean that the new characters i am seeing are all alts, or that newer players don't read the boards or read but don't respond?

I'm a newish player, on and off for 2 months or so, would've been more but my comp had to be rebuilt! I've tried a couple of characters, but Erimus has got me to level three (after dying several times i might add). Must admit to voting a couple of times and not posting, and just surfing a few posts to find out a bit about avlis....

Happy rp'ing everyone.

swoods

Re: Heya all...

PostAuthor: crestu » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:16 am

Cuxn wrote:I hope that everyone who can actually remember as to who I am is doing well ( in game and RL )

How could we forget. Glad to see you're still kicking Cuxn :)
Sunday 00.00 - 02.00 Green Order & Avengers & Shemathen (Micah) <--- all u hippiez r ded! -Micah
crestu
Scholar

Timezone: GMT+11:00

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:13 am

If it concerns Ialath, he's been around for around a year... with long break from January to July. I used to have an older char on Avlis, but it was about two years ago and it lasted for two weeks (later my mainboard burnt down and I haven't played any games for half of a year) so I can't even remember his name... :D
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11

I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Bigdaddy037 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:07 pm

My one and only character (Shanner) has been around since June.

And to figure, I rolled him up to see how avlis was and assuming I would drop him quickly for another one ... poor bastards grown on me :shock:
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...

Bigdaddy037
Scholar

PostAuthor: Trigger » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:29 am

My char. Morathi is about a week old and she has only just reached level 2, and i've died more times than i've rested... :(
Eleanor.

Vanguard Valkyrie of Dre'ana
~Strength . Faith . Sisterhood~
Trigger

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:06 pm

Trigger wrote:My char. Morathi is about a week old and she has only just reached level 2, and i've died more times than i've rested... :(

Perhaps you tried to gain level 5 in one week? That's why you died so many times... :twisted:
Seriously, don't be hasty with exping, it will come with time. Avlis is not only about levelling... :)
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11

I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Krez » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:42 pm

Well Im kinda an old timer. Only 14th level. I started back in June 2003. This is what happens when you only get to play about one or two hours a week. sheesh :)
"Psst... hey Guido... it's all so clear to me now... I'm the Keeper of the
Cheese... and you're the Lemon Merchant... and he KNOWS... that's why he's
going to KILL us... and we have to get away before he sets loose the
marmosets upon us... DON'T WORRY LITTLE MISSY!! I'LL SAVE YOU!!"
-- Ren, from Ren & Stimpy, "In The Army"
Krez

PostAuthor: Xeo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:03 pm

Started Isamu off in December 03..... Hes near his 1 year Birthday

I had about 4 months off work so was on Avlis alot of that time..... :D + :( <------- as I was on it way to much that was considered healthy.... Like my board posting :D
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Cazaton » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:24 am

Old Snip is nearning the 2 year birthday... not quite there... Early Feb '03 I'm pretty sure. He's only level 17... Baston shortly after him, who is a mighty 18, but he's the one I play when I'm pissed off and in a killing mood.
Orleron wrote:just like Toril is the "Forgotten Realms" campaign, Avlis would be the "Big Gay Hoser" campaign.
Cazaton

PostAuthor: Pekarion » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:50 pm

I think Pek is turning 2 years in february/march or something, been on avlis since may 2003 according to my join date :wink:
Ice-T on D&D:
"Dungeons & Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented. Every word you're saying is made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda.".
Pekarion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:00 pm

All 3 of the characters I play have been around over 2 years now.

eNTrOpY
Sage

Previous

Return to Avlis Polls