M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 8
Gallery

Links Menu

Most gold spent on a single item in Avlis?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Most gold spent on a single item in Avlis?

Under 1 K
5%
1 - 5 K
12%
5 - 15 K
18%
15 - 35 K
11%
35 - 75 K
9%
85 - 150 K
9%
150 - 250 K
6%
250 - 500 K
7%
500 K - 1 Mil.
10%
1 - 2 Mil.
5%
2 - 3 Mil.
2%
Over 3 Mil.
6%

Total votes : 295

PostAuthor: choraldances » Fri May 14, 2004 6:05 pm

Chasman wrote:I haven't spent much, but I have sold several items for the 1.5 to 4+ million range. :P

Ditto, but not several, a few :)
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri May 14, 2004 11:43 pm

Deider wrote:My main character bought a sickle from Deek for 7k IIRC. That's the most I've ever spent. (and now that I think about it, he still owes Deek 5k. Good thing my main's in Mystara, so Deek's legbreakers can't find me :) )

As a DM, I think the most I've ever sold an item for at a trade fair auction was 700k, but my memory could be failing me here. And that's not counting the one Ayren had to give back :)

I am pretty sur it was you that sold K'Lari the short sword for 1.25Mil *points up*. I n fact I distincitly remember you trying to put the bidders out of their misery by saying you wouldn't accept any money over that price! :wink:
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Sat May 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Grazby gets around
:P

Vrosh spent 300,000 on his armor from Grazby, (though I could have probably gotten it for 250,000 :0 ). I'm trying to think of anything more expense, 500,500 for one of my houses. Over 700,000 to my other residences. Most everything I am wearing, I traded for or got from friends. So boots are out (gift), rings, i payed 100k for one of them, other was a trade, ammy was a trade, belt was a trade, cloak was a trade, bracers were a trade, helm god, who even knows when I got my stag helm...armor i discussed, shield i dunno, trade i think, scimitar was a gift.

Being a druid: Priceless
Vroshgrak
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: denor firefly » Sat May 15, 2004 7:08 pm

1.5 million for the deathhands maiden scythe and that was only the gold......
Player of Swordmaster Arkn'sterod Bloodsaik, Erin Whisperhill and loads of alts

Erin Whisperhill ~ Nature Pwns YOU
denor firefly
Sage

PostAuthor: Heronimous Fox » Sat May 15, 2004 7:24 pm

Deider wrote:My main character bought a sickle from Deek for 7k IIRC. That's the most I've ever spent. (and now that I think about it, he still owes Deek 5k. Good thing my main's in Mystara, so Deek's legbreakers can't find me :) )

*Two circus performers of illusional torture and a master spore gatherer of the greater stool are dispatched from Gnome Mushroom Company offices towards Mystara. They bear deeds of merchantile debt and bills of painful insterest warrents to be served. The gretaer stool gnome carries his mushroom slicer to enforce the warrent.*
Use Gnome Machine Time, support your local gnome
Unoffical supporter of the unoffical sponsor of Nirika
Manuel the White wrote: Just do a search for "you are going to die motherfucker" and you'll probably find it.

Player of: Heronimous Fox - politician and diplomat; Nia D'Joon - knitter and midwife; Zavnuk - Dubunat pastry chef and racontuer 'Flambes a speciality'; Deek Kurandas - "I taught everything Zach nose", seeker of Mistys secret passage and best friend of Krack Hamster
Heronimous Fox
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sun May 16, 2004 12:25 am

Never had the time to bid for things or trade..... Always selling Items to 1-15 lvl PC's at trade fairs to help out.

Sold a Ring int 2+ for 70k and i brought it for 25k lol

Most i carried at one time was 250k but nothing came into my price range and also NO NECRO GEAR! lol :D

So 30k then would be my most..... I walk around with NPC merchant stuff from Le'Or.. God i love that City :D
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Alex Noble » Sun May 16, 2004 1:08 am

Alex found his sword for sale at a merchant at the time it about broke him at 125k. An then all he could do was look at it took three levels before he could use it, and that took him about three months. 150k and then 300k for some armor. Everything else has been thru trades or loot.

Oh bid on a sword once but ran out of money...it sold for over 700k nice bastard sword..I think Misty got it.
Alex Noble
Apprentice Scholar

Location: Michigan GMT -4 or -5 depending on daylight savings

PostAuthor: stoertebeker » Sun May 16, 2004 2:43 am

I bought a nice pair of bracers of defence +5 at the order of the way. I really dont know who sold them there but it was a nice surprise to get them for 25k.

At one of the trade fairs I got a sword +2/1d4 fire for about 75k and I think that was a nice deal.
Most expensive item would be the ring of Kagyar from Mystara - appr. 90k.
Craft the pain away !!
stoertebeker
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Nightshade » Sun May 16, 2004 2:54 am

stoertebeker wrote:I bought a nice pair of bracers of defence +5 at the order of the way. I really dont know who sold them there but it was a nice surprise to get them for 25k.

*runs off to the Order of the Way, coin bag in tow*
Bloodninja wrote:I need you to talk like a pirate.
Nightshade
Scholar

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Sun May 16, 2004 2:58 am

Nightshade wrote:
stoertebeker wrote:I bought a nice pair of bracers of defence +5 at the order of the way. I really dont know who sold them there but it was a nice surprise to get them for 25k.

:shock:

Um... that's... really screwed up.
Gilkin> ouch. how often do you roll a 20?
Cath> once every 20 rolls?
Titanium Dragon
Sage

PostAuthor: Halvar Yanocen » Sun May 16, 2004 6:39 am

Most gold spent is 80k on a bow who a DM sold to Halvar.The real value of the bow is probably around 10k. But since its plot marked its nice to have in Limbo along with a stack of plot arrows :)

The biggest purchase I've ever heard of is of a bow for 12.5 million.
The forest is vast and the council of nine is far away.

Halvar Yanocen
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Pyracantha » Sun May 16, 2004 1:37 pm

Elenya has no monk training, no magical abilities, and not so many hitpoints - so she is only as good as her gear.

She paid 60k plus a bunch of items and an hour of fun haggling with Timo for her chain shirt.

She paid 80k to Zach for a composite longbow +2.

But her biggest purchase was her +3 greatsword at Enchanted Exotics for 100k plus a reasonably valuable amulet. Not a great deal, but Elenya's never been good at haggling. However, circumstance allowed her to trade up with that sword, so it all worked out very well.

Pyracantha
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: crestu » Mon May 17, 2004 2:04 am

Spit bought his bracers of Dex +4 for around 500 k.
And he hasn't taken them off since he got them ;)

Most Spit has been ripped off: 200 k for some stupid helm that could be readily bought on some other server :(
Sunday 00.00 - 02.00 Green Order & Avengers & Shemathen (Micah) <--- all u hippiez r ded! -Micah
crestu
Scholar

Timezone: GMT+11:00

PostAuthor: GreyLynx » Mon May 17, 2004 2:16 am

All my best gear (except a cloak) has been given as a gift to my char. I bought a ring for something around 35k, but that was a gift for someone else.

GreyLynx
Elder Sage

Timezone: EDT (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: sarek88 » Mon May 17, 2004 2:21 am

I just bought my most expensive item a while ago. A ring on invisibility for 30k. A very good purchase. Very useful
Aethyr Julnarus
Cleric of Ptah

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
sarek88
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: stoertebeker » Mon May 17, 2004 2:22 am

Titanium Dragon wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

Um... that's... really screwed up.

that was in march 2003 and someone sold them there. Was my lucky day I assume 8)
Craft the pain away !!
stoertebeker
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Nightshade » Mon May 17, 2004 2:45 am

^^^
Yeah, didn't really expect to find that again... worth a shot though! :wink:

sarek88 wrote:I just bought my most expensive item a while ago. A ring on invisibility for 30k. A very good purchase. Very useful

*falls over, unconscious*

*slowly gets back up again*

I was quoted 200K for one of these!
Bloodninja wrote:I need you to talk like a pirate.
Nightshade
Scholar

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Mon May 17, 2004 3:20 am

sarek88 wrote:I just bought my most expensive item a while ago. A ring on invisibility for 30k. A very good purchase. Very useful

They used to sell at a biomerchant. I heard someone say they had been removed though.
Gilkin> ouch. how often do you roll a 20?
Cath> once every 20 rolls?
Titanium Dragon
Sage

PostAuthor: sarek88 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:21 am

Titanium Dragon wrote:

They used to sell at a biomerchant. I heard someone say they had been removed though.

I got this one in a store in Rockhome. Actually several stores had it there
Aethyr Julnarus
Cleric of Ptah

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
sarek88
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: stoertebeker » Mon May 17, 2004 3:26 am

I really thought Amonien ripped me off as she sold a ring of invis to me (four charges) for about 70k because everyone was walking around with rings of invis for about 25k (three charges).

More than once I was very happy to have the greater one!

thx Amonien :wink:

ps: even for that one 200k is too much *ducks*
Craft the pain away !!
stoertebeker
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Mon May 17, 2004 4:04 am

White-Raven wrote: The 2nd highest item i ever bought was an Aslyferund Elvenchain for 450.000 gold from the 1%ers.

Were you really charged that much?! That's robbery!

Harriet Proudfoot weighs in pretty high with 5.5 million payed for boots of speed at auction.

As far as largest chunk of cash to change hands, I think the now departed Timo Karr may hold the record with 20 million payed in a multi-item deal.

In my pre-dm days my pc ran around with 1 million gold in his pocket. Dunno how it fit, but it did. Didn't spend any of it on items, was too busy finding them back then instead. He sold some stuff to make a few million more and is comfortably retired now.
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Mon May 17, 2004 5:41 am

tindertwiggy wrote:Were you really charged that much?! That's robbery!

probably had something to do with the fact i never did finish that inventory list with prices to send out to all of us. Oh and the fact the Balor stopped handing out the good loot :D

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Mon May 17, 2004 7:58 am

stoertebeker wrote:Most expensive item would be the ring of Kagyar from Mystara - appr. 90k.

Kham charged Divinia 300K for that...and suggested it was only because of her good standing that she even received it for that...dirty rip-off-ers, all those male T'Nanshi Army scrapers, all of them! :evil:

:roll:

Ah well, it keeps her busy cleaning up the floor wherever she goes... :D
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
Khaelindra
Contributor

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: mortzestus » Mon May 17, 2004 10:02 pm

About 14k for a suit of mithral splint mail that someone sold to good old Coriah in Westshore. Phew... i was lucky, those sereg PCs hadn't kill him that day.

Anyone wants to trade it for full plate +2? I can't use splint mail as my army uniform!
mortzestus
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: choraldances » Mon May 17, 2004 10:09 pm

If you count Elysia Condo Owner Key as an "item," Mel paid 9 mil for that...
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls