6-7
1%
8-9
0%
10+
1%

Total votes : 447

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:02 pm

I have currently three chars in my vault, one is still waiting to get put back there (*waves at Papillon* :) )

Essentially, I play only Janur. And currently he's so much fun / work, I probably wouldn't notice if the other two would vanish too.
JollyOrc
QA Resource

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Mothandric » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:11 pm

I play two, though my main PC is Mothandric, the other is Kellid D'Prey though few people have met him as of yet I've had a lot of fun RPing with him in the right situations :twisted:

Mothandric
Sage

PostAuthor: Sindol » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:31 pm

3, they are in chronological order:

- 1 Dwarven Cleric of Dagath, loves to drink ale and make swords
- 1 Human Bard (Warrior Maiden), loves to talk
- 1 Halfling Monk, loves to smite gnolls, practices CFAS, still waiting to meet the only other practitioner of CFAS.

I try to make time to DM a bit on the side as well. :wink:
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: kagouro2003 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:46 pm

I have two in the vault and would hope on making a third one eventually, but I voted one, because I only play Victoria for 6 months now and don't plan on changing that in the near future.
?I know God won?t give me anything I can?t handle. I just wish He didn?t trust me so much.? - Mother Theresa
kagouro2003
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:35 pm

I have 3, although one of them is very new...

Samuel Rowanbough: lvl 17 - have bascially not had much time to do anything with Sam since he reached the dizzy height of lvl17. It took almost a year to get this far. Feel realy bad for not giving the Ashen Order as much time as they deserve :( Sorry fellow mages)

Bill Burnham: lvl 3 - never played this character regularly, he gets dragged out from time to time to host events and such. All of his XP have been gained from XP cookies 8) With Bill, I always try to put more into Avlis than he takes out. He has a bigger forum precense than in-game presence! I should play him more, but organising events is a lot of work!

Leopold Pheffeffur: lvl 3 - my newest character only a couple of weeks old. I've been concentrating on him recently, although I still have problems getting into character with him... he needs a lot more work/
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: storminj » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:45 pm

Friday Alibar, Privateer Extraordinaire, Level 9 waiting on SD quest for levelup to 10

Sel al'Devin, Druid of the wilds, level 7

Friday is my main character and sel is my character I am grooming for futrue fun. Friday is actually level 10 but I am not leveling up until shadow dancer quest is in.
Captain Friday Alibar of The Good Ship Clandestine
Privateer Extraordinaire of Privateer Enterprises
Sales Representative of FeatherFinger Trading
South Avlis Trade Federation (SATF) Member

"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." Celia OOTS 278
storminj
Sage

PostAuthor: GreyLynx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:01 pm

So, Nighthawk, are you the sole 8-9 character so far? Or would you be 10 +?
:D

GreyLynx
Elder Sage

Timezone: EDT (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Fifty » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:52 pm

1) Laen Toille was my original - lvl 6

2) Kered Rose is close to passing Laen in XP and only sentimental reasons means he hasn't.

3) Ezra Uyche is a situational character who I log on with VERY occasionally.

Selwonk Sirch and Avril Nershe are almost never used.

Rune, Aleksandr, Wulf and Enna are all requiring great will power to resist creating as three of them are already fully created in my own mind. (I spend too much time every day sitting on trains!)
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: DAnjal Veskandar Rai » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:17 pm

That would be 4...

D'Anjal - lvl 20 - yeah, my main char, as you could have guessed :roll: Goodie two-shoes who currently does his best to run the Ivory Order.

Seretah Aylown - lvl 13 - Holy Optio of the Sword of Toran and a commander of the M'Chekan army (when I last checked :oops:)
Was kinda put in the freezer once D'Anjal became archmage. Probably is gonna pop up again once I have some more spare time for her.

Reytha - lvl 7ish - CN rogue. Total nutcase. Would go in front of danger when everyone would evade it. However she does have some good crafting & seduction skills...

Rymlen - lvl 5 - yups, another mage. An evoker this time, instead of a generalist. For those times there are only lowlevel players online and I want to party up.

Oh, and in the process of these 4, about 6 or so died IC. Didn't count them anymore.
DAnjal Veskandar Rai
Scholar

Location: Somewhere in the 9 hells of Baa... Err, Belgium. (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: choraldances » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:12 pm

5 now. 2 Main (Melonius and P), 2 alts( who shall remain nameless). And Verossa.
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:47 am

6 or 7 depending

Vrosh lvl 18 druid in the wilds. anti social.
Rego lvl 7 bard very social big things are coming for her i swear!
Polan lvl 8 paladin (a Rockhome only PC though)
Unulith lvl 2 sorceror (another rockhome PC)
Anonymous lvl 6 mage
Anonymous lvl 3 cleric
Fig Hillshome (dwarven barb from tyedu, worships ptah, is currently visiting home)
And af ew deleted PCs that I dont count.
Vroshgrak

Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: Pyracantha » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:07 am

I like to have 2 characters so I can shift gears if something prevents one from playing.

Right now my main character is Elenya Strix - friendly rogue/fighter

My alternate is Elanus Baranor - cleric who isn't panning out. I'm waiting to see the portraits and models in HotU before creating a more interesting alternate.

I've got several abandoned chars, and a couple little ones for exploring Hala and Rockhome.

Pyracantha
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Frawick » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:14 pm

Sharla Strider (level 20)
Allan Kerzara (level 11)
Garic Tyrin (level 12)
Elrandra Glyndorr (level 20) (Actually shouldn't for long, but still got her)

And a hidden char i want to keep to myself for special purposes. The char not on Avlis yet though, even the DMs of Hala dont know :) Which is the way i wish ta keep it.

~Frawick
You can always trust a Dishonest person to be Dishonest, it's the Honest ones you have to worry about.

Frawick
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: WrathOG777 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:32 pm

Gairus wrote:2.25

Syrin Aerach (Ranger/Rogue) & V'heress (Diviner)

Every now and then I log my Centaur Nathan in, but have only managed to have one interesting encounter. *Sigh*

Unfortunately, Syrin is boring and V'heress has evolved into something his stats do not support. So, the number might soon reduce to 0 until I get the guts to start a new one.

So what?! That is lame as a paladin's batchelor party. If you let that stop you I cry foul.
WrathOG777
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Vanor » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:47 pm

I only have time for one real PC...

But if you're going to count my time DM'ing... Billions. ;)
Vanor

PostAuthor: sinn » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:17 am

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to dieImage

yes I know this has nothing todo with this topic.. or does it? :)

Oh yeah I play 2 charaters most often.....
you can run all your life, but not go anywhere.
sinn
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: asihall » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:17 am

I only play a Monk, Akar (20th level MONK :)).
And only that monk... Noone else, none except the Monk...
So, it's just me and the monk. The Monk and I ...
I am the Monk! The Monk is me! ...
G'bye!

p.s: only the monk... :)

asihall

PostAuthor: Fuzz » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:21 am

I had 2 up until I quit.
<Sili> I've seen septic tanks with less shit in them than Fuzz.

<Ronnin> damm not even a kiss??
<Chasmania> Kiss Fuzz? I'd rather fellate a goat.

<Chasmania> there are many roads to Rome..they just picked a shit filled alley full of scabby hookers and bums.

The shape of things to come...
Fuzz
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Gairus » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:51 am

WrathOG777 wrote:
Gairus wrote:...Unfortunately, Syrin is boring and V'heress has evolved into something his stats do not support. So, the number might soon reduce to 0 until I get the guts to start a new one.

So what?! That is lame as a paladin's batchelor party. If you let that stop you I cry foul.

Heh. You're right. Rereading it three days later it makes me cringe. In fact, three days later it reads like utter BS. Felt like he wasn't acting out charisma 8 properly... but only his various superiors would accuse him of being even remotely charismatic. He's weak willed, overy wormtongueishly apologetic, short tempered and insulting 8)

Crisis over. The revised answer is 1.5. Boring old Syrin is about to retire ICly and leave Nathan for those "nice guy" urges.

Fuzzy wuzzy... you'll be back... you know you want to. Heeeeere fuzzy wuzzy... *ducks and covers*

Gairus

PostAuthor: SSH83 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:31 pm

Hehe, my history of character-creation is a complicated one:

First, I made my evil rogue/monk on Avlis. I thought she would work because of the way Avlis was advertised, sadly she doesn't work. (any thing is stronger than a rogue/monk in a low-magic-item world.) I played her up to like lvl 7 or so (took me like 6 months to gain those levels, btw. hehe). Then I got tired of playing an evil character who wants to go on murderous streaks but wise (wis 14) enough to know that she will never make it and doesn't bother to try. Therefore I semi-retired her and made a genetic lawful good half-orc barbarian so I can actually party with other players without repressing the personality of my character. He got up to lvl 4 before Avlis upgraded to SoU and I hadn't. So I stopped playing for a while (for one and a half month maybe).

Two months ago or so, I got back into Avlis again and didn't want to play a stupid orc anymore and made a necro (lvl 3 now). Then I had a re-realisation of my rogue/monk character and subtracted 2 points from con to give her int of 12 instead of 10, so she can do more witty stuff(yes, I'm strict on ability scores.) She's lvl 3 now and occassionally killing stuff for fun. 0 PC-kills so far, but I know she will think of something eventually with INT of 12. :P

edit: Oh, right now I play the necro and the lvl 3 rogue/monk concurrently, but I MAY get back to playing the orc sometime in the future, so I voted 3-char. Technically, I have 4, including the retired lvl 7, but.... oh well. :roll:
Last edited by SSH83 on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSH83
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:37 pm

GreyLynx wrote:So, Nighthawk, are you the sole 8-9 character so far? Or would you be 10 +?
:D

Well, counting the Custom Character experiments, the DM Avatars, the Real Characters, ............. :?
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:39 pm

SSH83 wrote:First, I made my evil rogue/monk on Avlis. I thought she would work because of the way Avlis was advertised, sadly she doesn't work. (any thing is stronger than a rogue/monk in a low-magic-item world.) I played her up to like lvl 7 or so (took me like 6 months to gain those levels, btw. hehe). Then I got tired of playing an evil character who wants to go on murderous streaks but wise (wis 14) enough to know that she will never make it and doesn't bother to try.

It can be challenging to play an evil character on Avlis. I've watched many players who want to play evil characters become frustrated. If you step out of line, there are about a dozen Guilds lined up to give you the smack down. Ever see that scene in the movie Airplane where the girl goes hysterical and all the passengers go single file to bitch-slap her out of it?

Anyway, a monk is Lawful by nature and there are plenty of evil monks in Forgotten Realms. I'd suggest giving the Lawful Evil Alignment webpage a read: http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage ... lawfulevil Be subtle. Outwit those who oppose your goals. Lie. Twist the truth. Use half truths. Kill. Did I forget anything?

An Evil character will hurt anybody or anything to get what he wants, be it wealth or pleasure (sometimes from the inflicting of the pain). Lawful Evil characters believe that to further their own ends they must impose order onto others and dispose of by any means anything that threatens them or the order they impose. They may have the welfare of society superficially in mind, but their personal welfare always precedes that or anything else. Lawful Evil characters are meticulous, and they are also often very cruel in their aims.
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White

PostAuthor: WrathOG777 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:50 pm

Gairus wrote:
WrathOG777 wrote:
Gairus wrote:...Unfortunately, Syrin is boring and V'heress has evolved into something his stats do not support. So, the number might soon reduce to 0 until I get the guts to start a new one.

Heh. You're right. Rereading it three days later it makes me cringe. In fact, three days later it reads like utter BS. Felt like he wasn't acting out charisma 8 properly... but only his various superiors would accuse him of being even remotely charismatic. He's weak willed, overy wormtongueishly apologetic, short tempered and insulting 8)

Crisis over. The revised answer is 1.5. Boring old Syrin is about to retire ICly and leave Nathan for those "nice guy" urges.

Fuzzy wuzzy... you'll be back... you know you want to. Heeeeere fuzzy wuzzy... *ducks and covers*

Yay! I like that guy. I would be sad and cry if you left.
WrathOG777
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Uvatha » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:19 pm

Kham is my only character, but I'm thinking of making an elf wizard or something :)
"The destiny of every person is already written. Every decision, even little, is a piece of a pre-arranged drawing."
Uvatha
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Fuzz » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:44 pm

Gairus wrote:Fuzzy wuzzy... you'll be back... you know you want to. Heeeeere fuzzy wuzzy... *ducks and covers*

/me gets a mongrel to maul Gairus.
<Sili> I've seen septic tanks with less shit in them than Fuzz.

<Ronnin> damm not even a kiss??
<Chasmania> Kiss Fuzz? I'd rather fellate a goat.

<Chasmania> there are many roads to Rome..they just picked a shit filled alley full of scabby hookers and bums.

The shape of things to come...
Fuzz
Elder Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis Polls