Server Totals
Ferrell - (4)
Le'Or - (1)
M'Chek - (1)
Underdark - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 6
Gallery

Links Menu

Of all the custom races, I'd love to play a:

Polls for Avlis homepage.

Of all the custom races, I'd love to play a:

Centaur
39
13%
Drangonari Elf
21
7%
Ghost Elf
16
5%
Gnoll
28
9%
Goblin
16
5%
Half-Dryad
12
4%
Half-Nymph
38
13%
Half-Ogre
25
8%
Kobold
22
7%
Lizardman
26
9%
Orc
18
6%
Wemic
37
12%
 
Total votes : 298

Of all the custom races, I'd love to play a:

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:32 am

How do you justify your answer?
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
User avatar
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 7424
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:45 pm

PostAuthor: Anganthyr » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:54 am

I don't really know how to justify the awnser...But I think that playing a centaur would give some very nice RP.

And it would offcourse be a sight you don't see every day...
A centaur walking trough the city of elysia...

A.
"No one holds command over me.
No man. No god. No prince.
What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal?
What is a claim of power for ones who defy death?
Call your damnable hunt.
We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me."

Anganthyr
Lord of Blithering Idiots
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Overlooking the Grey Wastes...

PostAuthor: Dashel » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:33 am

Because goblins is smart and sneaky and nobody expects anyhting from us so we can hide when danger is lurkin and rob stupid adventures when they all dies. :)
"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."

Dashel
Lord of Blithering Idiots
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:25 pm
Location: If theres a bright spot in the galaxy the place furthest from

PostAuthor: ceardan » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:53 am

Truth be told, I just think Wemics look cool, and playing one would be quite amusing. What kind of reaction would you give to a lion-centaur coming to your pub?
Gra ma chree ma cruiscan Slainte Gale mavoreen, gra ma chree ma cruiscan lan lan lan, oh gra ma chree ma cruiscan lan

ceardan
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:11 pm
Location: PA

PostAuthor: Gairus » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:14 am

The background for Drangonari made a character jump fully formed into my head. How would you feel if the only home for your people was a city in a hostile swamp, most people everywhere hate you, and you were made as a parody because of a childish grudge? No wonder they have -3 charisma... these guys must be so damned bitter :evil:

Looking forward to playing my Drangonari. Can't send the damn thing off until I decide exactly what to make it look like though :p

PS: Be aware that the running centaur model looks very daft, even thought they would indeed be interesting for the reactions.

EDIT: There may be a bit of pre-IC bias seeping in to the description there ;)
Last edited by Gairus on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm
Location: East Australia GMT +10

PostAuthor: Tahni » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:23 am

I played a Kobold in a PnP game, which was great fun...... he eventually died after a series of unfortunate events, he killed the party's main fighter, due to loosing arrows into a melee. He was then dazed and could only sit and watch the rest of the party be killed off. He was eventually killed by the only surviving me of the party , a Dwarf, who mis trusted him from the start.
Nothing's forgotten, nothing is EVER forgotten
User avatar
Tahni
Sage
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: The Darkest Shire of Berks
Timezone: GMT+0

PostAuthor: kombinat » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:55 am

Anganthyr wrote:But I think that playing a centaur would give some very nice RP.


Just watch out for Tehenen... 8)



I voted Orc... I think the Orcs in Avlis are unique, and sorely underplayed... *hopes for Brekon server one day*... and hoping to make an Orc wizard one day... so he can run from the Dominators...

*goes off to play with CODI*
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

kombinat
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 3365
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Sydney, Australia (GMT+10)
DM Avatar: Senath

PostAuthor: Tunic » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:27 pm

Dashel wrote:Because goblins is smart and sneaky and nobody expects anyhting from us so we can hide when danger is lurkin and rob stupid adventures when they all dies. :)


Yeah, what he said. *to Dashel's goblin* You cans be leader, but me number two.
User avatar
Tunic
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:20 pm

I have just been authorised to play a Kobold. I first did so last night and had a great time. Some really great RP as several people she met agreed to help her travel from Elysia to Mikona on foot, as the boat makes her seasick. Later, she travelled back by boat and threatened to be sick over a man who was rude to her while waiting for the boat to sail.

Also, last night, I met a Gnoll - who looked really good. Earlier in the week, I met a Wemic - also good.

I think if I was able to play another custom race, I would choose a centaur. I do not have any background to that - I just think they look good and would be fun to play.

Isn't that the whole point?
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P


Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Image
User avatar
Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM
 
Posts: 23931
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: The Home of the Bard of Avon
Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:19 pm

Centaur...

.. because Shi'Lea can kick ass!!! :wink:

and besides, maybe I want to be chased by Tehenen..!! 8)
Last edited by Jordicus on Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 8048
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Whitehall, PA (GMT -4)

PostAuthor: Gairus » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:23 pm

No no no no no. Have all you people voting for the centaur seen it's run animation?!

Leaves me in physical pain :p

EDIT: Though I should point out, i'm only this dissapointed because I had a Centaur planned out ;)
Last edited by Gairus on Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm
Location: East Australia GMT +10

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:53 pm

If I ever have enough time (ha!) I might see about starting up a lizardman character... maybe...

Why? Because reptiles are so much better than those disgusting, smelly mammals... that and I would find it amusing.
User avatar
Titanium Dragon
Sage
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:18 pm
Location: Corvallis, OR (GMT - 7)

PostAuthor: Nob » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:56 pm

Half-nymphs all the way!

Avlissian Idol anyone? *Ducks the flurry of rotten tomatoes*
User avatar
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM
 
Posts: 7642
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:19 am
DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Brannor » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:57 pm

Since there are no pixies I guess I would have to go for the centaur.
All posts are made as a player unless otherwise noted or in the team boards.
-------------------------------------------------------
Roses are 0xFF0000
Violetts are 0x0000FF
all my base
are belong to you

Brannor
Scholar
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:12 am
Location: Bavaria / Germany

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:00 pm

hmm, I wouldn't mind playing a lot of these. Centaur and half-nymph are the most appealing at the moment.

Vergilius
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 2:37 am
Location: Austin Texas, again
Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: kagouro2003 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:33 pm

Orcs in Avlis don't strike me as the stereotypical dumb, strong and ugly characters we know from other fantasy settings. The fact that their God is Lawful Evil and a pretty smart one to, to plan elaborate schemes, makes them a product of an organized and strictly hierarchical society.

If I ever find enough time to roleplay a third character and I am given the priviledge of a custom race, I would go for an Orc wizard.

kag
?I know God won?t give me anything I can?t handle. I just wish He didn?t trust me so much.? - Mother Theresa
User avatar
kagouro2003
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:15 pm
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:44 pm

kagouro2003 wrote:If I ever find enough time to roleplay a third character and I am given the priviledge of a custom race, I would go for an Orc wizard.

kag


that would be highly interesting. I have long waited for a person with the guts to try that and pull it off well. go for it!

Vergilius
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 2:37 am
Location: Austin Texas, again
Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:49 am

I had to vote for the wemic as I saw one for the first time last week and it was damn cool! I imagine the centaurs look just as good, with smooth walking, running, and even bowing...I was blown away!

However, I might choose something like a half-ogre just to play a fun stereotypical evil, dumb, bad-guy.
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
User avatar
Malathyre
Sage
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Location: Michigan, U.S.A. (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Gairus » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:35 am

No. Centaur have an elf torso replacing the neck of the deer model.

Also no animation for using things like doors. No sleeping animation. If you sidestep the model freezes and kind of slides. When running, the body angles 45 degrees forward like the deer's neck would (looks REALLY strange).

On the plus side, they look pretty neat when walking straight forward, and the females have jiggly boobs though if that's your cup of tea :)

The wemic looks much smoother and seems to have unique heads.

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm
Location: East Australia GMT +10

Re: Of all the custom races, I'd love to play a:

PostAuthor: Vicky » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:02 am

Manuel the White wrote:How do you justify your answer?


I rolled a 12 sided dice and got a 6! Old Skool Rulz!

V x x x
Thank goodness Vicky finally gave up that powergamer character, Tehenen. If I saw her one more time at the Ice Caves, I was gonna throw up! Jesus. To go from level 1 to 5 in 8 months is just ridiculous. I bet she has like 4200 gold too. Unbelievable how fast she was gaining levels and wealth. ;)
User avatar
Vicky
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:28 pm
Location: Australia - GMT+11

PostAuthor: Vicky » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:04 am

kombinat wrote:
Anganthyr wrote:But I think that playing a centaur would give some very nice RP.


Just watch out for Tehenen... 8)


LOL!

V x x x
Thank goodness Vicky finally gave up that powergamer character, Tehenen. If I saw her one more time at the Ice Caves, I was gonna throw up! Jesus. To go from level 1 to 5 in 8 months is just ridiculous. I bet she has like 4200 gold too. Unbelievable how fast she was gaining levels and wealth. ;)
User avatar
Vicky
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:28 pm
Location: Australia - GMT+11

PostAuthor: Vicky » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:05 am

Jordicus wrote:Centaur...

.. because Shi'Lea can kick ass!!! :wink:

and besides, maybe I want to be chased by Tehenen..!! 8)


LOL with knobs on. What have I done to that poor child's reputation!

V x x x
Thank goodness Vicky finally gave up that powergamer character, Tehenen. If I saw her one more time at the Ice Caves, I was gonna throw up! Jesus. To go from level 1 to 5 in 8 months is just ridiculous. I bet she has like 4200 gold too. Unbelievable how fast she was gaining levels and wealth. ;)
User avatar
Vicky
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:28 pm
Location: Australia - GMT+11

PostAuthor: Sindol » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:02 pm

Brannor wrote:Since there are no pixies I guess I would have to go for the centaur.


Let's just say my desire to play a custom race is not that big, but if I would do it, I would go for a centaur, because of the above reason.

Playing a fairy is my dream though, lesbian or not remains in the balance.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
User avatar
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 6487
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Nijmegen - Netherlands (GMT+1)

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:25 pm

Brownie!
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM
 
Posts: 6682
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:20 am
Location: Nippon

PostAuthor: Deider » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:50 pm

Centaur. Because any race born from the blood of two gods is just dope.
User avatar
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 8009
Images: 3
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 12:33 pm
Location: California
Timezone: GMT -8

Next

Return to Avlis Polls

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]