Gallery

Links Menu

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Avlis Headlines - www.avlis.org

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

PostAuthor: Ronan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Greetings Avlis players,

As noted in other areas of the forum, Beamdog has announced an Enhanced Edition of Neverwinter Nights that will include some additional functionality, fix some old bugs with the game, and be more stable on modern computers. We're excited to see this release. Beamdog is currently working on this edition, and has not yet announced an official release date.

The Avlis team is currently looking at the pros and cons of this edition and seeing if it makes sense for us to switch over. Key components of our choice will include accessibility of the servers to our playerbase and examining if we have the staff necessary to make a switch.

If you have questions, comments or concerns that you would like us to take into account, please PM the Dungeon Masters.

As well, we expect any changes made to the engine may require some changes on our end to make everything work. If you would like to help with any implementation, PM the Avlis Staff and apply today to join us.

Thanks and Game On,
R-Wilsash for the Avlis Team
Ronan
Head of Staff
Head of Staff

DM Avatar: Wilsash

Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

PostAuthor: Xaila » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Any update here?

I've been casually following the EE buzz since it was announced. I recall there was a lot of enthusiasm from this end initially but it seems to have fizzled. I don't think I've seen Avlis mentioned once over on the beamdog forums or on any of the NWN hub discords and whatnot. The only person from here I've seen out there is Gorgon.

Maybe it's time to crack things open a bit and let the rest of us know what's up behind the mysterious curtain. From the outside it's looking awfully dead.
We're all burning out, fading away
Like the passing light of day...

Player of:
Solveig Tcharov - Friendly Fire Award '11, Skywalker Award '11
Ambrose Longstreet
Maliha
Xaila
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: EST (-5/-4 summer)

Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

PostAuthor: Ronan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm

For those curious:

EE is still actively making changes, which will probably break some of our custom processes. It won't be possible for us to fully evaluate what changes we'd have to do until they're closer to their own final version.

Hey Xaila, were you asking about EE in general, or Avlis and EE, in your post?
<Gorgon> EE keeps adding/changing (and breaking) stuff with each weekly update, which you can follow on their forum, or with the release notes for each build.
<Gorgon> They are on break for the holidays now, so nothing new really.
<Gorgon> NWNX also gets updated, and some of it is more frequent than the releases, with the stuff people are trying. That means anything that changes has to be redone with any test stuff too (especially if it hasn't even been merged yet).
<Xaila> Avlis EE, I've followed NWN EE in general for a bit (though slacked for the holidays)
<Gorgon> Well if Avlis commits to any EE plans as far as converting existing stuff, it is mostly going to be about NWNX and our tweaks with that here.
Ronan
Head of Staff
Head of Staff

DM Avatar: Wilsash

Return to Avlis News