Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

Intro: The League of Explorers, Adventurers, and Dungeoneers

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Intro: The League of Explorers, Adventurers, and Dungeoneers

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Welcome to another session of stuff from Sarm.

So what is the League of Explorers, Adventurers, and Dungeoneers (LEAD)? It is an unofficial, unaligned organizational setup for getting people together to explore, adventure, and dungeon. Originally the LFP thread would have covered something like this, but I figure a bit more structure might help and encourage things. It is just a thing I concocted for people to get together to do any of the above.

Questions and Answers

Q: How do I set these up?
A: Just make a post and calendar entry giving a where, when, and if you want a why and designate that it is a ((LEAD)) activity before the thread topic and on the calendar. As of now ((LEAD)) is an OOC tag unless someone decides to establish it as an actual organization, whether it be a true guild or not.

Q: What will people do during one of these?
A: Gather together to explore, visit a dungeon or other hostile locality that you normally wouldn't, and so on. You don't have to even visit dungeons. Some servers have a lot of interesting non-dungeon locales to find and explore. You could even just explore a city and do something like a shop/pubcrawl if you wanted to.

Q: Are these restricted by alignment and so on?
A: If you're going to engage in something that will exclude groups of certain alignments, class, races, etc or visit a dungeon that may force a mixed group into either party conflict or act against their nature, I'll ask you not tag it as a LEAD gathering. LEAD affairs shouldn't be restrictive in that regard and overall should be neutral in all those fields. Of course, not everyone gets along and some just can't work together, and that's fine. There's plenty of other venues if you're more picky about who you take along and where you go (nothing wrong with that!).

Q: I don't know the servers well, but I still want to set one up! What do I do?
A: Don't worry! There's a lot of players, some who have played over a decade that hasn't seen all that is on the servers and what they have or may have gone for years without seeing some places. Just say you are intending to explore and a general region where. These aren't strictly about finding the best loot or the best exp. A strict location isn't necessary. Sometimes getting lost somewhere new is the fun itself.

Q: Should I do write-ups?
A: Not necessary if you don't want to, but if you see something fascinating to your PC, it won't hurt to let everyone know there's some neat stuff out there they haven't seen and whereabouts they can see it.

Now here is the fine print. I'll run one this week to give an example case and I'll link it here for reference. After that, I may still do them, but it won't be a regular thing from me personally by any stretch. Nothing is stopping me from doing this weekly, I am just choosing not to since I want to see what everyone else might do. Instead, this particular effort is on the rest of you for it to succeed. I don't plan to carry this effort myself entirely, just offer up the blueprints and do them in whatever form when I fancy it. So show me some initiative!

I will also request that the following places be off limits at least for awhile because they just get visited so much already that they don't need any publicity:

Ferrell Orc Ruins
M'Chek Orc Slavers
Bugbear Warrens
T'Nanshi Hobgoblins
Nightfang Mountain
Trolls of Deglos
Drenan's Tower

Your job will be to get out there and find some new places or re-visit places you haven't in years and bring some comrades along for the ride, or show others to these places if you're a veteran of exploration.

SAMPLE LEAD POST
SUBJECT: ((LEAD)) Expedition to ruins near Nanshi Urbaz

Greetings,

I would like to lead an expedition of some adventurers to some ruins located near Nanshi Urbaz in Deglos. The ruins and surrounding area. are inhabited by undead and other creatures of strength I have not yet determined, so be prepared accordingly. Interested parties should meet in Zvidureth outside the Thel Library on 11/11/17 at 0200 gnome time.

-Archibald Thel
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -5

Re: Intro: The League of Explorers, Adventurers, and Dungeon

PostAuthor: Micah » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 am

I dig it.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar