Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Zerub » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 pm

The token system really needs to be updated. It just does not work like it was designed to.

It would be nice if crafters could turn in a few more things to get their 50 tokens. Some 10th level things are really hard to do. Namely Jewelry since most of it cost 40K or so per make.

Another thing that might help tokens is to make them tradeable. Have a script that lets you transfer tokens to another player. Zerub bargains with them all the time, but he just tells people to hold them until he is ready for them. It would be nice if he could just get the tokens added to his and subtracted from theirs so the deal is totally done.

Scott

Zerub
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: utc -6

PostAuthor: Jazz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Another great, yet low priority idea: have high(er) level gemcutters have a better chance at getting Large & Giant gems. Right now the odds of a level 6 gemcutter hitting a vein and getting a Giant gem is the same as when a level 20 gemcutter would.
Jazz
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT +1/+2

PostAuthor: SkeletonParade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Any chance Avlis will add a character description changer like the one in Hala?
SkeletonParade
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Timezone: MST

PostAuthor: BeyondInfinity » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 pm

With the recent fix to viewtopic.php?f=230&t=122088

My barbarian has thundering rage, and 12 fighter levels.

When raging, a temporary 2d6 massive critical is applied to the weapon, afterwards GMW is cast to a weapon, the result is, the temporary 2d6 massive critical is overrides by 2d4 massive critical.

But when GMW is cast first, followed by rage with thundering rage, the temporary massive critical is not override.

I think, it would be better to check if there is a temporary massive critical in the weapon, before applying the GMW massive critical, that way I have option... :) :) :)
BeyondInfinity
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: +8

PostAuthor: surfer69 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm

If the mechanics of Invisibility Sphere aren't going to be modified (i.e., that it currently reapplies after an unlimited number of offensive actions and is only subject to Invisibility Purge for one round before going back up) - or if indeed it's working as someone or other intended - how about reducing the duration to round/level or 2 rounds/level? It seems to me that's more in line with durations for combat spells, one of which surely it is.

As it stands now, it not only empowers mages to be less than stellar at thinking through what they do, but when UMD'd by rogue/fighter types or clerics with trickery domain it becomes a little over-the-top - insta-HiPS against most, though not all, spawns, without having to expend an action.

I've asked about this spell before, and I know that while the Team is under no obligation whatsoever to explain why they haven't or won't change it, I think it would be a nice courtesy and would only take a minute of someone's time.

Thanks!

Pop this into a bug report. No promises, of course, but that's the place for this one. -Micah

EDIT: Reported, thanks.
Last edited by surfer69 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfer69
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 am

Set the re-design fee on Futharadas' bag alteration to just be a flat fee of 1 to 2k gold instead of basing it on a container's set toolset value.
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Could PH Piggybank safes be changed to work like Donation chests do where you only need the key to view the contents or withdraw anything but anyone can deposit?
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Sarmanos

PostAuthor: GrimlyAxefingler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Harm is lame. It shouldnt be reducing you to 1 hp by any iteration of dnd.
5th edition
6th-level necromancy
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You unleash a virulent disease on a creature that you can see within range. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 14d6 necrotic damage, or half as much damage on a successful save. The damage can’t reduce the target’s hit points below 1. If the target fails the saving throw, its hit point maximum is reduced for 1 hour by an amount equal to the necrotic damage it took. Any effect that removes a disease allows a creature’s hit point maximum to return to normal before that time passes.

3.5 edition
Greater Harm
Necromancy
Level: Clr 9
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

Greater Harm charges a subject with negative energy that deals 15 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 300 points at 20th level). If the creature successfully saves, greater harm deals half this amount, but it cannot reduce the target’s hit points to less than 1.
If used on an undead creature, greater harm heal the actual undead.

Currently its doing 903 damage per cast on me.

EDIT...sorry I missed the 3.0 edition spell which does go down to 1d4 . But its still overpowered then.
Last edited by GrimlyAxefingler on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrimlyAxefingler
CCC
CCC

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Harm in my DnD rulebook iteration states it causes a loss of all hp bar 1d4...

my additional suggestion would be:
I suppose though that if our nwn version is nerfed to later rules, we'd have to apply the same logic with Heal and limit its healing to 300 xp too, which sounds fair., and incidentally good for business.

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm

-
Last edited by Sarmanos on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarmanos

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 pm

This one has been posted before, but how about this as a suggestion? :P
Subject: Player's idea box - Topic Rules

Vergilius wrote:
Brannor wrote:
    * this is a POST only, NON discussion. All contents discussing others ideas will be deleted.

If you want to discuss someone's idea, make a new topic in General Discussion.
5. Avoid chain suggestions---If person A proposes a change, A suggestion based off of person A's proposal is beyond the scope of this thread. This is commentary and theory.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: surfer69 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Raise the DCs on poisons and diseases so they can't be cured with a simple healing kit. That would make potions of antidote, remove disease, and clerics in general a little more useful, and Use Poison a little more lethal.

I think as it stands now, someone with nominal points in Heal can use a +1 healing kit to cure most poisons or diseases while out of combat without much trouble.
"See, want, take. What else is there, right?"
surfer69
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Tel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm

on Surfer's point, increase the duration of temporary poison effects. Sure the poisons from enemies are really easily countered with a healing kit (or immunity item), but the ones from players just don't last that long unless it's a magical property of the weapon itself.

maybe (Heal skill)/10 turns? The more you know about curing someone the more you know about keeping that poison stable!
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Gorgon wrote:This one has been posted before, but how about this as a suggestion? :P
Subject: Player's idea box - Topic Rules

Vergilius wrote:
Brannor wrote:
    * this is a POST only, NON discussion. All contents discussing others ideas will be deleted.

If you want to discuss someone's idea, make a new topic in General Discussion.
5. Avoid chain suggestions---If person A proposes a change, A suggestion based off of person A's proposal is beyond the scope of this thread. This is commentary and theory.

This happens a lot.

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Can Zvidureth get a recycler/token processor?
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie

PostAuthor: Deider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Make the Player's Idea Box its own subforum within Ask the Team, or perhaps even General Discussion. The latter would allow both players and team members to (constructively!!) discuss each idea without having to split them off from this long-ass thread. It would also make it easier for us to search the forums to see if an idea or something similar has been posted before, instead of trying to sift through the 53 pages of this thread.
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Deider » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm

ScottG wrote:Also, could there be a way to change your fylgia that doesn't involve leveling up? I think most druids and rangers would be willing to take an xp hit or do a quest to find that specific fylgia (a spirit version of that animal). Or even have it be something where when you hit a specific CTS level you can switch or gain another one?
Just throwing out some ideas.

This idea was posted 7 years ago, but I'd like to submit it again. It's doable (as in able to be scripted) to add a /cts command that would allow a CTS enthusiast to change his base companion type. Perhaps as Scott suggested it could be tied to a minimum CTS level, or an animal empathy or CTS check with a high DC? This would be great for pokemo- er, animal handlers such as my PC that do more CTSing than adventuring and as a result level up slowly.

ScottG wrote:Thanks and love the CTS! It's a whole mess of fun.

What he said :D
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Change the NPC’s hanging around Elysia to reflect the newest Shaahesk and Kobold residents.
Niyaz - Allahi Allah
Allah hi Allah kiyā karo
Dukh nā kisī ko diyā karo
Jo duniya kā mālik hai
Nām ussi kā liyā karo
Allah hi Allah, Allah hi Allah
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: Deider » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Have cows (and perhaps other cattle-related spawns such as oxen, pack oxen, and maybe even dire oxen and deep rothe) drop leather. In addition to becoming closer to how leather is most commonly made in RL, it would also help to drop deer from #2 on the Avlis Endangered Species list (second only to Fire Beetles!).
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Can we make the other 36 poison which are hidden in the game a viable? Bioware only made the DEX,STR and CON based poisons a game item. But the INT, WIS and CHA based poisons are already coded in the game all somebody has to do is make the items with these tags. :evil:
It's good to be evil.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Upgrade the quest reward in the Deglos "hell" dungeon for beating the boss. With the artificing of stones now there's no incentive to go besides the challenge. Also reset the quest for everyone so everyone has a shot at the new reward.
Sarmanos

PostAuthor: Pekarion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Could the event calendar use the same format for time as what I put in the board preferences? Or change it to a more universally understandable 24h clock?

At the moment the calendar shows:
To: Nov 18, 2017 05:00 am

For me, while I in board preferences have the "17 Nov 2017, 20:47" format.
Ice-T on D&D:
"Dungeons & Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented. Every word you're saying is made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda.".
Pekarion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+1

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team