M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Nob Looking For a Sunday Party (Newer Players Wanted!)

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Nob Looking For a Sunday Party (Newer Players Wanted!)

PostAuthor: Nob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Hey folks.

I'm currently looking to start a new weekly plot (probably running 6-8 weeks) for a party of 5 to 8 starting either Sunday October 1st or Sunday October 8th.

My preference is to have a mix of both veteran players and brand new ones. In particular I would really want new players who have signed up for Avlis in the last year or two - this would be a perfect way to familiarize yourself with being involved as a player.

I have a handful of conditions for this one, however. Please read below and sign if you're okay with the following:
  1. Your character is relatively new and inexperienced - around a year old or less, and this is their first or second major plot
  2. Playing in a party with a diverse range of alignments and philosophies
  3. Interacting OOCly with players you're not familiar with on an IRC chatroom I'll set up for banter during the week
  4. Submitting a Character Bio to me
  5. You can commit to making it one day a week at the appointed time (likely around 1800 to 2200 GMT)
  6. You are willing to keep a character diary that describes your character's POV on the events that occurred - this doesn't need to be EVERY event, but at least once per month

There won't be any major restrictions on your character during the plot - as in, you're not required to stop playing them or anything outside of the events (in past plots that were conducted more often this could be a condition).

If you're a newer player and would like to create a character specifically for this plot/party we can definitely start with getting a background hammered out and ready.

"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

Re: Nob Looking For a Sunday Party (Newer Players Wanted!)

PostAuthor: refminion » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Depending on the day I'd be interested.

*reads post properly after being smacked*

If it is Sunday I'm almost always good.
Last edited by refminion on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrell is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory....all beautiful scenery and little people...then you enter any cave and its like that boat ride from hell.

Storm|
refminion
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Are people who are involved in your current plot eligible? Obviously if you'd rather we don't or would like to give priority to first-timers and allow others pending room (e.g., a waitlist), that's entirely understandable.

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Ambrosia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:44 pm

With first consideration going to new-new people and not just people who have returned in under a year (aka me), if you still have a spot open, Both of my characters would qualify for all of your above requirements and would be happy to audition with either of them ( or let you pick between them )
Have a*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day! *
Ambrosia
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Nob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Abraxas: Those taking part in my current plotline are eligible, but bear in mind I'll also be putting together a Wednesday evening party again once the current series wraps up (and I'll probably give priority to those signing back up to that one).

Ambrosia: The party is open for everyone - brand new players are highest priority, but folks returning after a long time are also on that high priority list and as noted I'd like a good mix of veterans and newer players, part of the idea is to get people to know one another better.
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Nob wrote:Abraxas: Those taking part in my current plotline are eligible, but bear in mind I'll also be putting together a Wednesday evening party again once the current series wraps up (and I'll probably give priority to those signing back up to that one).

I didn't remember this detail, but that's the one I'd rather commit to, given a choice. Thanks for clarifying, Nob.

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 am

Sorry if this was unclear.

Let me make it clearer - I'd really like to maintain two groups I'd DM once a week. Once during the week (a Wednesday group) and a Sunday group.

I'd be happy to help people accommodate their schedules, so feel free to ask me about the weekday group, too, but this specific call out is for folks who can do the weekend events.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Ambrosia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:00 am

Awesome. Thanks Nob! I'm totally all-in for your Sunday group. I'll have a PM to you no later than tomorrow. 8-)
Have a*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day! *
Ambrosia
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 am

I want to make sure folks aren't gunshy about this either:
The IC journal entries can be as short or as long as you wish - I'd just like people to try putting their character experiences in some form to reflect on how they're reacting to the events.

Also - I'd also like to encourage players who may have been gone a while and are thinking of coming back, or dipped their feet back into returning for something like a reunion. This would be a great opportunity to get involved in the world again and maybe meet some players you might not interact with otherwise.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Tel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 am

I've got a character idea I'd like to pitch ya for this now that I should have every Sunday off! I'll shoot you a PM with the concept later tonight
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Moredo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 am

I have a character that fits all of the descriptions above, but I am not really a new player either. Let me know if that works for you. :)
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: Eklektikos » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Do you have a preferred level range for participating characters?
Eklektikos

PostAuthor: bolo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm

I'd be very interested in joining you if there's a spot after all the new folks are accounted for. I haven't been active here at all really since.. well since my main pc gave up the ghost years ago, though I do poke my head in every few months or so with a new character to try out. I have a new character I just started that I'm hoping will stick.
Currently on Eastern Time - 5 GMT.
Available play times= any time ! Way too much time on my hands.

bolo

Timezone: est -5 gmt

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I would strongly prefer characters to be under level 15, if only for the sake of making it easier for me to balance encounters and the like (when/if they happen). Bear in mind that like with many of the things that happen in my plots, a sort of "Nob's Reputation Level" for your character will likely matter more than the actual mechanical level progression.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: SaraEF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I'm very interested in this with the exact same "I'm not a new player" caveat as everyone else here.
SaraEF
RPotY 2014

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 am

Bolo, SaraEF, Eklektikos - I'd like to see folks like y'all come out of the wilderness and take part if you're comfortable doing so.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: spacemonkey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am

I'd like to join this if there are still enough openings, and will send a PM soon.

spacemonkey
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Lady_Ashling » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 am

Id be interested in this :)
Lady_Ashling
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: Gmt

PostAuthor: Tel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Just wondering as a followup is this starting starting on the 1st or the 8th of October? and what time/where would you like us to gather with a PCs?
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Nob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am

8th - I'm afraid I'm in the midst of trying to fix some various issues on my end.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Eklektikos » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Nob wrote:Bolo, SaraEF, Eklektikos - I'd like to see folks like y'all come out of the wilderness and take part if you're comfortable doing so.

I am interested and I do have a character who is just within the preferred level range; but I fear that I am extremely unlikely to be around in time to make the first event on the 8th.

So, if for whatever reason the start needs to be postponed by a further week then please consider counting me in. Otherwise I shall look forward to reading about the group's adventures on the boards. :)
Eklektikos

PostAuthor: Nob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am

I'm going to have to postpone this by a week given my current situation.

For the moment the party will be:
  • Ambrosia
  • Tel
  • Moredo
  • SaraEF
  • Bolo
  • Spacemonkey
  • Ashling
  • Eklektikos
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Ambrosia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am

Totally understand, Nob. It is totally fine with me if you kick things off on my birthday :D :wink: - see you on the 15th!
Ambrosia
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Lady_Ashling » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am

Looking forward to it
Lady_Ashling
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: Gmt

PostAuthor: Tel » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:02 am

Just checking in tentative first day is Sunday 10/15 (next week), around 1800~2200 GMT run time?
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Next

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion