• Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

Discussion on: How to Forum Discussion!

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Discussion on: How to Forum Discussion!

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 am

I'm not actually referring to the quality of your DMing players, but your ethics as a DM. Namely cheating and after being let off insisting it's ok because even pleth and Micah do it (your opinion). The fact that you staunchly defend The Team might not be to their credit.
Sunscream
Master Sage

Timezone: GMT-4

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 am

Sunscream wrote:I'm not actually referring to the quality of your DMing players, but your ethics as a DM. Namely cheating and after being let off insisting it's ok because even pleth and Micah do it (your opinion). The fact that you staunchly defend The Team might not be to their credit.

There was a unique and difficult reason for that and it was not not done with a purpose of cheating. Now I would strongly recommend you get your facts straight on that and the whole story before you cyontinue with this. I know who's chat log you have and you are stepping into something that you will wish you didn't. If you have got all that facts on it, you might actually awaken some empathy in you but perhaps it won't. I am finding the lack of empathy from players in the community saddening.

I did what I did at the time because I thought it was right and I was in a difficult situation. It was no one's fault but my own and took responsibity of my actions. Over a few 1000 XP on some pissy alts?

The only mistake I made was not telling Micah and Pleth. I would of taken the consequences of my actions at the time. I got a beat down for it but not the iron hand of a dictatorship but I got a polite reminder and that was enough.

Now I cannot disclose anymore than that because it involves someone's person life and one I will not expose it in public.

But you are clearly proving everything I've been saying... It's a shame Sunscream but I don't think you have really thought this through and what the possible consequences of all this.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:52 am

Just to clarify, everything you did was for the greater good?
Sunscream
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Seka » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 am

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP. THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR THIS.
Seka
CCC
CCC

Timezone: EDT (GMT -4)

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 am

Sunscream wrote:Just to clarify, everything you did was for the greater good?

Do you even know the full story of what happened? Have you actually got the whole picture in your mind before you are typing your posts out? You are trying to be very clever over the last few weeks, trying to be a lawyer catching people out with the Cybering rules, grooming the boards with prep work first before trying to hit a home run in public to sway the community over to your campaign. Tell the community Sunscream on why you got suspended? Come on, be out with the truth of it. If anyone is being a martyr it is you here... You got suspended and now you are seeking revenge or justice or what ever you wish to call it.

Answer to your question, NO for the record, I wasn't doing it for the 'greater good'. At the time I did because I was trying to help someone out through a extremely difficult time, something I can guess you will never ever have gone through personally (I might be mistaken here because I don't really know you at all in person but if you did, I will say this again you probably would of had some empathy and humanity come to surface if you knew).

Now I have been through what this person has gone through and it was very emotionally difficult time and would NEVER want anyone to go through it. It was heartbreaking beyond belief. Even me typing this as we speak is borderline bring me to tears.

I'm giving you one more chance to reign back this because again I am in horrible situation where I cannot again defend my character, credibility or me as a human being because I cannot disclose the full facts in public. So if you actually had the full story and you are posting this, then you are displaying what I can only describe as 'bullying'. So at the moment I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, by a thread here that you do not have the full facts.

Please listen to me carefully when I say this, you are actually hurting some very good people here and it even makes it more heartbreaking you do not even care. You think this is all a game of politics and trying to out smart other people, its not... It's bloody game and a hobby.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 am

Mentioning the truth isn't bullying.

I'll share everything that's been going on team side with a great helping of proof if someone wants it. You see, I don't need to sway anything. Any accusation I make I can back up.
Sunscream
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Nob » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 am

This thread is getting out of hand - if you guys need to hash things out, please do so in private.

I locked the topic to avoid any additional flaming here.
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Micah » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks Nob. Thanks Lyc for taking the democracy topic to another thread. Like Nob said, please take the other stuff somewhere else.

Che Guevara... I recommend absorbing a critical book or documentary. Interesting guy.

Getting this back on track.

I appreciate everybody who has contributed to the thread's topic thus far. I want to continue the discussion, ideally on topic.

There are a couple of divides that need bridging. Talking about some of these in terms of guidelines may help move things in that direction, but let's talk about some less controversial topics for a page or two.

When I was reading the crafting consistency thread, some observations I had been picking up started coming together. We have players who have been here for 15 years, we have players who have been here a few weeks and several under a year. We have crafters young and old, even old characters that are now young crafters. Their Avlis experiences differ, in some cases vastly, and the first place it shows to me are in their thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

In forum discussions it is so easy to sweep aside new voices, sometimes on accident, sometimes on purpose, because the way one person is trying to communicate doesn't come across the right way or is spoken from a position of "not knowing any better", with the right way being whatever is in the veteran(s) head. I'm not saying the Vet(s) are right or wrong here, but the divide of years and experience marginalizes newer folks in these and other discussions.

How would you increase awareness of this? Help fix the marginalization? Aspects of my first post put some pressure in that direction. It is more than being not dicks, it's being positive influences for the community in general. I know many people chill or already are - your thoughts are still welcome too.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion