Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

Second Generation Avlis Players

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Second Generation Avlis Players

PostAuthor: godrevadac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey all,

My dad has played on Avlis for at least 10 years. There are distinct memories of watching my dad play when I was 7 years old. I only started playing seveal years ago because I was no longer an immature child (I leave that for Cicerious). This posed a question for me: How many, if any, other Avlis players are second generation? One aspect of Avlis that I have come to appreciate is the heroes of old passing knowledge down to me from their many years of wisdom, this makes the learning curve steep, no doubt! But this has added to the immersive experience of the world for me. So if anybody is or knows of second gen players I'd love to hear about it. Maybe we will have to rediscover some secrets of the world? :D

godrevadac
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Second Generation Avlis Players

PostAuthor: loki70 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 pm

There have been a few over the years. I started playing when my son was born, some 13 years ago, so he's still a few years from participating. But I do recall some second generation players (other than Fortanu and his mom).
Anomandari: You're the perfect needle for our balloons.
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Does following my husband on line count. :wink: ?

Ok I kid.

}8)
If the milk’s spillled, the cat will drink it, his mother use to say. Dragons of Autumn Twilight - by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: loki70 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Oh, right, there's also a lot of significant others who came with...one of them to find out who her boyfriend was cybering with...those were the days. People also followed family members or friends or any number of other connections. There was, a long time ago, a list of who came from where on Avlis.
Anomandari: You're the perfect needle for our balloons.
loki70
QA Resource

Timezone: gmt -7

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Wow that is awesome, and crazy. I can't believe it. :shock:

I know that there are "Avlis babies" from people who met here and got together. There are several marriages (and a divorce or two) from the game in RL.

My sons, whom I quit leading the team in order to care for them, are now 13 and creating their own worlds within the Avlis solar system right now, under my guidance.

Cool stuff! <3
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Xaila » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Offhand I can think of 3 small humans that exist directly because of Avlis and their parents finding each other there. As for myself, I've connected with some of my favorite slightly-bigger-humans in the world through Avlis. The only downside is living so far away from most of them. But there may or may not be some RL meetup shenanigans in my near future.
We're all burning out, fading away
Like the passing light of day...

Player of:
Solveig Tcharov - Friendly Fire Award '11, Skywalker Award '11
Ambrose Longstreet
Maliha
Xaila
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: EST (-5/-4 summer)

PostAuthor: Ambrosia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm

I would say there's about a half-dozen or so players I've met in CoPaP/Avlis over the years who are now reaching 12+ years of real life friendship now! (even if we live so far apart) - I have met most of my 'best' friends on CoPaP! :mrgreen: :twisted:
Have a*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day! *
Ambrosia
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Kanos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

My son turned 18 this summer. He has spent the last few days on the wiki. He is very excited to play soon.
Player of Ariana|Quin|Jenai|& Elainee
"The world is hateful and Cruel, But lets save its ass anyway. It is better than being bored." Rook Bartlet Invid Invasion
Skype -- wifey5122@hotmail.com
Kanos
Minor DM
Minor DM

DM Avatar: DreAna

PostAuthor: godrevadac » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm

This is all very exciting! These kids better grow up in a hurry and join Avlis!!

godrevadac
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 pm

I had no idea we had 2 nd gen players. That is just too cool
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: eternal_time » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm a second gen player too! Thetamlyone started playing when I was around 14 and I remember I wanted to play so much that I would sit next to her and watch while she played. Two years later, I got up on my 16th birthday and the very first thing I did was sign up. It's been 9 long and wonderful years of playing on Avlis now! I've made some wonderful friendships here and even picked up some honorary family members! It made for a slightly odd, but totally awesome, later part of my childhood, including getting to turn in an essay my senior year of high school that was all about how playing video games with a diverse group like this one can impact a person!
Player of Rosemary Latonen, Anastasia (Falcon), Emma de Baskervyle, and Calithien Fein

eternal_time
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Ambrosia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 pm

And what is super cool, is that I got to play with both mom and daughter and be in game BFFs with both of them! (Though with different characters hee hee )

:cooler:
Ambrosia
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Wow. :shock: :D :cry:

eternal_time wrote:I'm a second gen player too! Thetamlyone started playing when I was around 14 and I remember I wanted to play so much that I would sit next to her and watch while she played. Two years later, I got up on my 16th birthday and the very first thing I did was sign up. It's been 9 long and wonderful years of playing on Avlis now! I've made some wonderful friendships here and even picked up some honorary family members! It made for a slightly odd, but totally awesome, later part of my childhood, including getting to turn in an essay my senior year of high school that was all about how playing video games with a diverse group like this one can impact a person!
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: godrevadac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 am

Eternal-time, your story has inspired me. I was about your age when I first logged in to Avlis. If you can have that much fun for 9 years, then woe to the annoying things in my life that might get in the way of some Avlis :D

Game on! I look forward to the next generations!!

godrevadac
Knight of Useless Drivel

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion