Gallery

Links Menu

Xeo's Event (Pelar Ritual Events)

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Xeo's Event (Pelar Ritual Events)

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Ritual Pelar Event DM Guide

FOIG is vital for a good roleplaying event BUT I also believe in having an OOC DM Guide sometimes before the event. Also doing something new or trying something different. It’s good to make sure everyone is on the right page before the event starts.
Now there have been three PC’s who have participated in one of these events and there has been interested from a few others within the community. Now I will go over some the DM mechanics which will be in place for a smooth event without any confusion and OOCing. Also I am introducing a new DM reward system I’ve created for this event ONLY, so please continue to read on.

Core Rules:

- You will not be able to equip any of your characters items beside your Holy Amulet. So you are butt naked item wise with only Ritual Hunting Gear provided.

- You will use the equipment provided, list as follows: Spear, dagger, short Bow, longbow, sling, crossbow, rags, boots and helm. (I might add a couple of more weapons later or by request but at the moment trying to keep it universal.)

- You may use skills, abilities, Clerical spells, Ranger spells and Druidic spells, Holy Warrior BUT NOT Wizard, Sorcerer, Bardic and Pale Master spells.

- You cannot use trinkets to enhance yourself, wands or anything other token to aid you in your hunt. The only EXPECTION is Pelar based ones for example: Rune of Pelar *thumbs up*

NEW DM REWARD SYSTEM:

In the previous Pelar Ritual Event, three PC’s hunted an M’Chekian Dire Bear. They were successful and skinned the bear for pelts and brought it back to the Druid of Pelar. As a DM I rewarded them with ranger based items or trinkets but the problem I came across was that two of the PC’s were epic in nature and the rewards were not great. Especially since the role play was awesome, I did feel that a tiny bit bad that I couldn’t reward them with something more interesting or of use which is more important.

Each participating PC will be given a set of equipment. This is their own personal equipment for the ritual hunts and should be only used for Pelar related events/hunts only if possible.

If the PCs/Hunters have a successful hunt, the Druid of Pelar will reward them each with an ‘Animal Rune’ reflecting the animal which was hunted, on a piece of equipment of their choice.

I can edit the description of the item to add something like this:

M’Chekian Bear Rune - (Insert Name here. Before the Hunt, the Hunters give a name to the Prey in Pelar’s Glory… the perfect hunt.)

I will then add 1+ CON to the spear or rags or boots. 1 CON reflecting a bear’s constitution…

The rewards are all low level stuff… all 1+’s or /5 apart from skills which will be the max of 3+ (Hide, MS etc). The main aim of this new DM reward system is not for uber loot but to give the opportunity to players to customise their rewards with a cool Animal Rune History of the events they have participated in, a story….
I am planning to run one of these events this Saturday.

Any feedback is welcomed but doesn’t mean I will take it!
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Deider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Works for me! When you see Deider of Pelar's inventory, you will realize that the DM rewards you outlined will become his best gear. Oh, and he lost his holy symbol & robes to a DP/server reset a dozen years ago :)
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Deider wrote:Works for me! When you see Deider of Pelar's inventory, you will realize that the DM rewards you outlined will become his best gear. Oh, and he lost his holy symbol & robes to a DP/server reset a dozen years ago :)

I can sort that out...
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Angel of Death » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Heey! Deider got some stuff from me! Are you saying you didnt like the stuff you found hidden in the rocks?!
Duhmash - Head Priest of the Bloodkin Tribe.
Raar - Big bad ogre
Fitz - Red Order Magus
Angel of Death
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: +1 GMT
DM Avatar: Maleki

PostAuthor: Deider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Angel of Death wrote:Heey! Deider got some stuff from me! Are you saying you didnt like the stuff you found hidden in the rocks?!

Oh yeah, that's right! That stuff was awesome, and increased his survivability 1000%!! Sorry I forgot, I've been focused on Gram for the past several weeks. :oops:

OK, any rewards from Xeo will be the 2nd-best gear he has :)
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Deider wrote:
Angel of Death wrote:Heey! Deider got some stuff from me! Are you saying you didnt like the stuff you found hidden in the rocks?!

Oh yeah, that's right! That stuff was awesome, and increased his survivability 1000%!! Sorry I forgot, I've been focused on Gram for the past several weeks. :oops:

OK, any rewards from Xeo will be the 2nd-best gear he has :)

Such a lootz whore LOL (joking) :lol:
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Tarken » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 am

I doubt I'll be able to break free and make this one, Xeo, which makes me sad.

For the record, these types of events are really fun and rewarding to RP through. To the players out there, if you get a chance to run your characters through one of these type of events, do it. You'll not be disappointed.
Thaylis Beign
Knight of Drakehall
Blade of Pelar
Brigadier - Blackhawk Brigade - M'Chekian Army - Resigned
Dragonrider of the Elysian Dragon Wing
Knight Companion of the Chivalric Order of Balance
Hero of the M'Chekian Union
Tarken
Scholar

Timezone: Eastern

PostAuthor: Xeo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=1405126#p1405126

Been thinking about this at work and I can take the basic mechanics of this lock picking system and tailor it to track and search while hunting. So another mini game.

I will scribble it out and see how it looks. If it looks good, we can try it out Saturday too.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Tarken wrote:I doubt I'll be able to break free and make this one, Xeo, which makes me sad.

For the record, these types of events are really fun and rewarding to RP through. To the players out there, if you get a chance to run your characters through one of these type of events, do it. You'll not be disappointed.

Nice words thank you. :D
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I look forward to hearing the stories that come from these events - it's like second hand gold, it still shines.
Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring-ting tingle-ing, too
Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you
Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling "yoo hoo"
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:06 am

It's fathers day tomorrow my first one and taking wife to the air port with bubs for funeral. I be going a day later, so tonight is not looking good. Might be able to do tomorrow evening...

So she's wanting to do stuff today and also weather is great, so might fire up the BBQ for the first time!
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 am

Sorry about this weekend but I have been doing things in the background.

I have set up a DM client profile solely for Ritual Events. So makes it easier to set up and less time consuming. So more time DMing.

I have also designed the tracking system and will post up my drawings demonstrating the system.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Right I want to try and do this again this weekend... I've set this up a client solely for this type of event. I am "aiming" to do this Saturday night or Sunday.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Kinjara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 pm

I have been looking forward to this.

Kinjara
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Kinjara wrote:I have been looking forward to this.

Alright just spoke to the wife, I can make it Saturday night at 2000GMT. So that's 2100GMT my time... So looking at a 3 hour DMing session. I will be honest, it will be epic with the new DM event reward idea I am adding to it this time. I've done one of these before (actually it was my DM test event) so I am very confident it be a really fun event.

I'll put this feeler out there and see what's what... I can maybe start it an hour later but I would prefer it being 2100GMT my time (UK) :D
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

This is ON tonight...

2100GMT so (2200GMT my time)...

Or 4 hours from now...

I am going to have a Curry tonight with the wife first. I will be logged into the client but on and off AFK.

:D
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Kinjara » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Where should we be in preparation?

Kinjara
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Kinjara wrote:Where should we be in preparation?

Wilderness for tonight's one. These will move around the servers over the coming months.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Kinjara » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:10 am

Hey Xeo, that was a great event. I wrote up a recap in Heric's journal here. You asked for a screenshot of one of the rewards. Here's my Ritual Hunting Rags that has been blessed by Pelar (for the completion of the hunt) with a minor enchantment (+1Dex):

I'm looking forward to the next Ritual Hunt. Thanks!

Kinjara
Squire of Babble

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion