Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

DST Change - First Half of 2017

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

DST Change - First Half of 2017

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm

*Rehashes an old post*

Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins again for most North Americans this weekend, at 2 AM on Sunday, March 12th, as the clocks go forward an hour. When that happens, just change the "Summer Time/DST is in effect:" choice to "Yes", here in your Control Panel > Board Preferences. Don't switch your timezone on that page!

Other timezones (see the link below) will begin later this month (March 26th in the UK , for example). For the upside down people who do it the other way, and end DST around the end of March/beginning of April, just assume I'm dyslexic and set it to "No" whenever it changes for you.

You can verify it by checking the "It is currently ..." time on the main index page. All of the calendar stuff and other times will adjust accordingly, but recurring/future events need to be checked to see if you set them to account for the change.
I hate DST! :glaskugel:

If you want to change the "Timezone:" in your Control Panel > Profile, remember that it only for information purposes, and doesn't do anything. Set it it "Moon" or "Tardis" time if you want, or anything else. The forums don't use it for any time calculations. It is only extra profile/avatar info.

Daylight Saving Time – First Half of 2017 (timeanddate.com)

*Edits* I used to do these posts in random discussions, but the 30 day post eating monster makes it a pain to redo them 2 times a year. With this being mostly about the event calendar and other event related stuff, AGD works too (though I added a "First Half of 2017" thing to the topic title, to avoid any confusion with topic necromancy).
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

Re: DST Change - First Half of 2017

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 pm

UK is the last Sunday in March. As I have said before, I hate DST :glaskugel:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

Re: DST Change - First Half of 2017

PostAuthor: Plethora » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 am

I lose DLS yesterday so am an hour beyond as to what i was.
Well, i've heard about the fella you've been dancing with, all over the neighborhood..
...why didn't you ask me baby? Or didn't you think I could..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion