Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Katroine » Mon May 09, 2016 12:31 am

Let me preface by saying I know nothing of coding.

Is there any way to remove the burp after drinking?
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Antius » Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm

A few ideas for Holy Warrior classes:

Idea #1: Paladins: They have a rich RP history; but mechanically, they sometimes don't feel like the "hand of the Battle Lord" without significant gear investment, which is both expensive and restricted on a low-magic item server. I'd offer the following spellbook additions/changes to add a little more flavor to the paladins, both thematically and mechanically. Keep in mind that the base spells per level are 3/3/3/3 at level 20, so moving toward a "caster heavy" paladin would require both RP and strategic choices:

1) Clarity of Mind: Currently gives +4 to mind-effecting spells. Consider a change to +4 to Will saves, with an additional +1 per 3 caster levels, maximum of +10. Reduce duration to 1 turn/level.

2) Add Shield of Faith & Conviction as level 1 spells

3) Add War Cry as a level 2 spell

4) Add Magic Vestment as a level 3 spell

5) Add Battletide as a level 4 spell

2-5 would reinforce the battle-focused nature of paladins. Addition of Battletide would be a "capstone" spell similar to Holy Sword, but would also benefit party members.

6) Death Ward: Reduce duration to 1 turn/level; Caster's target gains immunity to death effects and 5% negative energy immunity/level, maximum 100% at level 20. This would not only make the paladin's spellbook more useful, but would also bring the spell closer to it's PnP implementation.

7) Add Hammer of the Gods as a Level 4 Spell. Thematically, it works (Gorethar + hammers!); and it gives some variety to the spellbook.

Idea #2: Consider (if possible) Keying Paladin spell progression to Charisma rather than Wisdom. I don't know if that would invalidate characters or cause other issues, but a smaller choice in spells could be made up for with a larger number of uses per day, maybe?

Idea #3: Consider adding books/items that, on use, expend a use of Turn Undead to provide auras centered on the user. Auras could be similar to the Avlis Sourcebook auras found under the Holy Warrior section. Each book would be an RP specific reward, similar to the new Bard songs. This is a little shakier of an idea due to auras being buggy sometimes, but could be fun!

Antius
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu May 26, 2016 9:07 am

Blacksmithing, Mining & Gem Mining

Background: Over the last couple of days I've come across a few things from players that got me thinking. A player went mining but not in a mine but in a dungeon area for scraps, another killed mobs for high end gems. A single player got 10 x Goretharium Ingots and 11 x Fey Steel Ingots within 30 minutes. To obtain the materials, mine the ores, expend the exp, obtain the exp in Blacksmithing to get a high enough level to avoid waste, would take me month or more depending on game time to make those Ingots. I 100% understand that it takes a lot of time and coding to change things and so my idea is to add to the current system we have ((By the way I am 100% totally for Adventure Loot and do love the scrap system and what it gives to players that are not crafters :D ))

Players who have spent huge amounts of hours mining, working and collecting to get to a Master Blacksmith, Gem Miner or Miner. Is there something that could be given or developed to give those players a benefit of actually being a Master Blacksmith or Gem Polisher Or Miner? ((I know the mining script has been updated and wow it's a great update, thank you! :)))

I don't have a specific idea but here is a list of ideas:

Maybe a high end ingots creation once per week or day item.
Maybe a special style forge or anvil or gem table
This is a big maybe, if the mined ores or gems used to make something actually adds a small property. A 100% pure and genuine weapon or craft.
Maybe increase the yield of creating the ingot. Like what Potions are, one set of ingredients and you get two potions in return?

Thanks for reading :)
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Elradra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:43 am

Devoting yourself to a god like Mishlekh could give a little control over a character's alcoholism/withdrawal, kind of like Xenon and his lycanthropes? At least allow devotion to make alcoholism something that can be cured instead of being waited out for months?
Elradra
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: Central US

PostAuthor: Auriane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:46 am

I long for logs to sit on around a big fire in Zvid in the middle of town.
I've been making my own fire yet I miss a circle of logs and the cozyness it brings.

What does everyone think?

GlorAndrea
Auriane

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Add a "Player Tool" option on the radial to "stealth entry" to open a door. The exact mechanics can be determined, but I was thinking something along the lines of:
Check to see if the door is unlocked > roll a hide and MS check against the door and/or do a scan of characters nearby the door roll a spot/listen check to detect a 'stealth entry.' *You notice the door open very discretely.*

I hate it when your EPIX sneaker decides to slam doors shut so that everyone and their neighbors can hear it. Just the other day I heard someone coming in from 2 rooms away because the door open/closed which wasn't fair to them (granted they weren't trying to sneak, but if they were, I would have known they were there!)
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Make the recyclers and junk processors return extras that aren't used, the same way the book collectors do, so others don't waste their weekly turn-ins on leftover lower level items (I know, look first :roll: ). Perhaps add a message about the items that aren't ones they take too, especially the wrong types of hides and parts with the junk guys.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Auriane » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:39 am

Yes.. good suggestion.
Took me forever to figure out recycling... there should be a course for noobs (Ha)
thankfully the good kindness of others who carefully explained then explained again.
It still is over my head but I seem to be getting the hang of it... just need to remember weekly (ha ha)

Glora
Auriane

PostAuthor: Demonlady » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Change the appearance of the 'Raven' option from Summon Creature I spell to an actual Raven instead of an overgrown running Parakeet.
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago".

Visit the H.E.A.L. website on: http://heal.ry-ky.com/index.php
Demonlady
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Have characters drop an 'ear' when they die, lootable off of the corpse. Or conversely, add an item that lets you target a player corpse and get like a hand, ear, or head from it.
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

PostAuthor: surfer69 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Consider having the XP gained when a something summoned by a spell makes a kill, if that's possible. I'm as guilty as anyone of casters chasing summons, but it can get pretty redonk.

If there's a way, I'd try to figure out how to exclude class feat summons, like familiars, animal companions, PM summons, etc. Those I see as having a much closer connection to a caster - and generally aren't Gate-level pwny - and therefore shouldn't suffer the penalty.
"See, want, take. What else is there, right?"
surfer69
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Elradra » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 am

Not sure how simple it'd be, but make the emotes for addiction withdrawl not appear in other people's system messages. It's rather immersion breaking over there and many people think it's meant for them instead of the party member that could be in a totally different area. Perhaps even move it over to the talk channel like the *burp* used to be?
Elradra

Timezone: Central US

PostAuthor: Doire » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:33 am

Add something that allows you to cancel Unyielding Roots. As it stands now it lasts 1 turn/level. Lasting 20+ RL minutes basically makes the spell unusable.

If adding the ability to cancel it on the fly is deemed too powerful (as then there is no consequence for misusing it) then either make it where it cannot be canceled until after a couple turns or changing it from turns to rounds would perhaps make it better.

Thank you Team!
Doire
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:33 am

I know we already have a lot of "Stickies" in The Avlis Project: General Discussion, but as the topic with the second highest view count (over 630,000, just behind Players Pics with 775,000+), Screenshots sounds like a good "Sticky" candidate to me.

Might make people use it more too, if they see it there all the time, instead of mixed in with the other regular topics. :wink:

Done- Pleth
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:13 am

Add a feature that lets a stealthy person run while in stealth with some negative penalty to compensate for the movement. Mechanically may have to just give them a temporary movement speed increase that simulates moving faster/running (Player tool, target self, movement speed increase if stealthed, -penalty, remove penalty and movement speed increase when unstealthed)
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

PostAuthor: nihprodne » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:14 am

Darkfire wrote:Add a feature that lets a stealthy person run while in stealth with some negative penalty to compensate for the movement. Mechanically may have to just give them a temporary movement speed increase that simulates moving faster/running (Player tool, target self, movement speed increase if stealthed, -penalty, remove penalty and movement speed increase when unstealthed)

a modified version of freedom with expeditious retreat stacked in would be slick
NO!!!
nihprodne
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: MT

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Could the Featherweight crystal which you can get from turning in tokens be altered in to something useful or failing that be removed all together? according to the poll I held either nobody uses them or knows what it is. and it's a bit depressing if you save up for a crystal and then get a useless crystal as reward.
It's good to be evil.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 am

Not sure if this should be an Ask the Team or a Bug Report, but I'd like to suggest putting a Cap on the amount of Crafting XP received in a single sitting.

Currently it's possible to gain an inordinate amount of xp by mass crafting.I'd suggest only allowing one level at a time to be gained and not be able to jump several levels at once. With enough components a crafter could potentially jump several levels crafting the high end items.

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Auriane » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:46 am

Currently it's possible to gain an inordinate amount of xp by mass crafting.I'd suggest only allowing one level at a time to be gained and not be able to jump several levels at once. With enough components a crafter could potentially jump several levels crafting the high end items.[quote][/quote]

This is not a good idea.
We deal with experience caps enough.

It took me 3 days of serious crafting just to gain four levels.
Painful as it was. Please do not cap the crafting!
Auriane

PostAuthor: Auriane » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 am

n my simple mind mass producing seems to give an extra 100oooxp.

Well you failed to take into account. The tedious long hours of collecting items needed for such crafting. The incredible expense of acquiring items needed. and the task of trying to sell your wares afterward.
And the self experience cost.

It is not cheating thank you
Auriane

PostAuthor: BeyondInfinity » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Crafting issues, when crafting item in huge amount, the crafted items are spill over and vanished.

Problem, the current system insert the crafted item then removes the ingredients.
Solution, remove ingredients first then insert crafted item.
BeyondInfinity

Timezone: +8

PostAuthor: Katroine » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm

A rather mundane and cosmetic request, but is there a way to change the bartending diploma item to a one square item rather than a four square item?
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Hamlet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:37 pm

A gentle reminder: Please post discussions into separate threads. :-)
#AVLISPLAYERHOUSING
#WHATSHERNAMEAGAIN

Hamlet, please don't kill me
-Plethora

Hamlet
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:38 am

A little dreaming...

Picking Jechrani roses means you have to deal with the thorns....

Maybe heartsbane ... you have to save against the poison.....
Comrades Fill No Glass For Me - Stephen Foster
Oh! comrades, fill no glass for me
To drown my soul in liquid flame
For if I drank, the toast should be
To blighted fortune health and fame.
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Bane TooVall » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:36 am

Like the Deglos Caravan, have the Portals have other skill checks except Persuade. Bluff is my first thought, intimidate maybe but with harsher penalties for failing, or Appraise as in understanding the true value of the business vs the charges and talking them down. Sad IMO that a single skill gets used so often and other interpersonal skills are overlooked.

Bane TooVall
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team