M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery

Links Menu

Character bug?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Character bug?

PostAuthor: Coco » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello all.

For as long as i can remember, I have always had the problem, that my monitor becomes totally black, when someone cast darkness spell.

The symbol doesn't always appear and if the symbol does appear, the black monitor still remains even after the darkness symbol is long gone.

I tried the "speciel function - ultrabug fix", but it's like it doesn't work at all. At least nothing happens, when I try use the function.

In events or outings my character drink ultravison or people cast the spell, but it's like it has zero effect.

In time I learned to ignore it, but this evening it started to annoy me when I was going with a player to Marazdin to mine. He cast darkness and I had to end up relogging, because my screen kept being black (not just the area but the whole monitor). The player told me, we were out of the darkness and I ought to be able to see by now, but I couldn't, even though the darkness symbol was long gone (actually it never appeared). Not even right after I had relogged. When I went closer to the area, the screen once again turned black. It took about 5-7 min before my screen became normal, and I could see the area the darkness had been cast.

What do I do? and is this something I write as a bug report?

Player of Scarlet

Coco
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: +1

Re: Character bug?

PostAuthor: Ronan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Heya, unfortunately this sounds more like the sort of graphic error that isn't part of the system - either something wrong with NWN or with your video card compatibility with NWN. We can't fix either of those but maybe we can help you find a workaround.

Can you clarify, is this with all of your characters or only one?
Ronan
CCC, Elder DM , RPotY 2014
CCC,  Elder DM , RPotY 2014

DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: Coco » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I just tested my old main, who is able to cast darkness and ultravision herself. Monitor goes black but as she gets out of the "darkness area" the monitor instantly becomes normal and I can see the "black area".

It therefore seems normal with my old main.

However, when I play Scarlet - the darkness spell always seem to trouble me no matter what I try to do.

Coco

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 am

Are you able to see your GUI? The hotbar/quickslots, the menu, the map, etc. A few screenshots could also be helpful.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Coco » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:40 am

As for seeing the map and etc. then yes, I could see it. That's how I tried to make my way back from where I came.

Good idea with the screenshot though. I'll find someone who can cast darkness and find a way to send it. I'll get back to this thread, once I took the screenshot.

Thank you!

Coco

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Will it work if a DM casts the spell?

If so, we can try this tomorrow at the Port Hole :wink:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team