Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 6
Gallery

Links Menu

Rent Question on Sharing an Inn Room

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Rent Question on Sharing an Inn Room

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 am

RULING - viewtopic.php?f=147&t=34598

Clearly not talking about muling here, but the ruling that allows two or more characters to share an Inn Room and how RENT works.

1.) ...how does that work? Do we just give the key out and tell the Inn Keeper we need another key? (I suppose I can FOIG that section, but I don't want to metagame/hax0r to get it, would prefer to know the Team-Approved method)

2.) If Player A rents the room out and gives a spare key to Player B... then player B doesn't show up to the room for a few months. When they arrive are they suddenly bombarded with a few months worth of rent, despite Player A having been upkeeping and paying rent in a timely fashion?

Thanks team :)
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

Re: Rent Question on Sharing an Inn Room

PostAuthor: avliswebadmin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Based on the way the inn room code works its really designed for a single person. You're mostly asking for trouble in rent and or lost items attempting to share an inn room. Thats based mostly on what I see from the back end. I don't recall if there's any hard rule on it. If you're wanting to share a place with one or more people your best bet is to look into the prefab housing thats scattered around the servers. Most of them are fairly inexpensive and give you at least one storage chest and you don't have to worry about rental code and it dumping your chest items if something goes wrong. For those kinds of places you can usually request extra keys (possibly with extra cost). I know there are rules for keys and what constitutes shared ownership as well in the future should that ever become a question so that's also somethign to consider. But that applies with just about all player housing.

If I wasnt at work I'm sure I could find a few links! :P
avliswebadmin
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Sounds good to me! Thank you for the quick feedback.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Ronan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi,

if you'e looking for non-rent storage, some options are listed here:
viewtopic.php?p=1366766#p1366766

Shoot me a PM sometime if you've specific servers in mind and want a room or just a chest, and I will send you pricing for the area.
Ronan
Head of Staff
Head of Staff

DM Avatar: Wilsash

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team