M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Can't log in

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Can't log in

PostAuthor: Zyndro » Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 am

Had this problem for a couple days now. It finds any server, even lists number of players, name of server, ping, etc. but doesn't get past "server found. attempting to log in." It doesn't give me a timeout but also doesn't let me through. If I enter wrong information, it will go through and say "player name rejected" as it should, but if I enter correct information "attempting to log in" is as far as it gets. It is connecting to the server, it's just not finishing the log in. So what am I missing here? X:|
Zyndro
Silver Lifer

Re: Can't log in

PostAuthor: Angel of Death » Thu May 12, 2016 6:04 am

Did you check http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=129258?

Have you logged in succesfully recently?
Duhmash - Head Priest of the Bloodkin Tribe.
Raar - Big bad ogre
Fitz - Red Order Magus
Angel of Death
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: +1 GMT
DM Avatar: Maleki

Re: Can't log in

PostAuthor: Zyndro » Fri May 13, 2016 12:18 am

It wasn't an alpha issue. I'm not sure what fixed it. After verifying with some of the team (thanks, btw) that it wasn't an authentication issue, I tried resetting winsock (sp?) and tcp/ip settings, etc. Everything related to internet settings. Pretty much gutted it and reset everything. Still didn't work. Then I realized that non-copap servers would get past that screen to the character screen, but wouldn't let me log in because my nwn was erroneously saying all the servers were login forbidden, and idle. Even said that about the QA one.

I'm not sure which of the following fixed it. First, I created my own small 6-person server and manually toggled it to be able to log in, then off, then on. Second, I turned off both windows and Norton antivirus completely before rebooting. I already tried logging in with the firewalls turned off, but that didn't work, so I did this in case either internet protection was doing something weird before a restart. And now I can log in. I really still don't know for sure what the issue was, but still want to thank those who tried to help on the live chat board.
Zyndro
Silver Lifer

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team