Total players: 15
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Katroine » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Is there any way to add a dialogue with merging so you could know what it would cost before you merge?
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Demonlady » Fri May 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Can we get some kind of bonus added to the DC of Terrifying Rage again so there's *some* use of all those points in Intimidate like it originally used to be ?
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago".

Visit the H.E.A.L. website on: http://heal.ry-ky.com/index.php
Demonlady
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Tel » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:43 pm

I'd like to see a way to earn/make higher quality gathering tools.
by way of the grapevine and superstition some tools are better than others, but still for gathering some materials it is really hard work when you are getting 1, 2, maybe 5 items from a location of which there are only half a dozen (or not many more than that) around.

I think best might be to make the tools high level in their field and use 1 "mold" (expensive NPC part) + materials from the craft.
I don't know how many people would pay 2-3-4-500,000+ for some better success rates with harder to get materials at higher levels but I know I would.

Otherwise a character specific quest (which activates based on crafting level) or something similar to earn them. getting materials is rough business!
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Snarestep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 pm

This is low priority, I know, but it would be great if someone reviewed the "Immune to Death Attacks" property that some creatures have, for reasons I can't quite figure out. Death Attack really is the premiere class ability for Assassins, and to use it properly requires patience, positioning, and a well-thought-out approach; unlike something like Harm, it can only be done from stealth, outside of combat mode, and has a cool-down period. Afterwards, too, you're open to being utterly destroyed if it doesn't work for whatever reason (you roll a 1 on the attack or they roll a 20 on the save, for example). And besides, who doesn't appreciate a proper and professional *stab to the neck*?

Anyhow, thanks for considering it.
Snarestep
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:20 am

Re: Development Updates

I don't know the reason for doubling combat XP, so this is only based on personal assumptions. If reducing "grind" time without changing any other factors is a part of the reason for it (AKA more time to do other stuff like RP, without wasting it staring at the screen while going through the motions), then another suggestion comes to mind.

Crafting is meant to be a chore, and it should be. It takes time and effort to learn to do things better. The more recent artificed stuff made with crafting has removed some of that grind time by replacing it with XP costs, but the steps leading to the final process have also increased time wasted IG as well.

Without getting into (too many) specifics, I'm suggesting that the time settings for how long PCs have to stand at a crafting device, while not being able to do anything, be cut down. Either by reductions in the db table settings, or a simpler change to the DetermineCraftDelay() function. Most things take only seconds, or a few minutes, but when you get into batches near 50 of the longer delay/harder stuff, it can take quite a while (10-40+ minutes depending on what you are making, though those higher times are rare).

I'm not trying to suggest a way to make crafting easier, but only free up some time for other things instead. I'd love to see it all revamped, but also know what that would take, so... baby steps. :mrgreen:
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: Trigger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:48 pm

I'd like to see an AMS style of thing for Conjuration.

Called a Conjurer (obvs)

Could either have stronger summons than your average mage or, and this is a neat idea, but I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, multiple summons, perhaps even if the individual summons were weaker than the one you get now, but you could have 3 of them, obviously that would require balancing so it's not too overpowered, but I think a few people would like the idea of having the Elemental Army doing their dirty work for them.
Trigger

PostAuthor: terror2001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Persistent Player Map Pins.

I have the code already written. It just needs someone to implement it.

Poke me.
terror2001
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: nihprodne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 am

I've posted something similar to this before, but worth another go...

I'd love for high level rangers to have a useful RP tool to give out. two ideas...

I'd still love to see woodland hips like 3.5 ranger, I'd love to make it so it is unlocked via RP and training, like SD HIPS. It'd be a great way to point ranger classes towards other rangers and promote the idea of the class as a trade full of secrets and tradecraft passed along from one ranger to the other.

Another idea, is I would love to be able to impart my bane bonus on weapons of other PC's. It would be a great RP tool, having people seek you out...maybe rolling it into some kind of quest where you "prime" the weapon and then if a very specific mob is killed with it, you impart my favored/bane damage bonus onto a weapon.

I like the idea of rangers possessing these kinds of abilities to share and pass on, I don't think it would get spammed as we all know the effort it takes to hit 21 and get baned out. It would also promote RP among rangers as we can't favor everything so we can pass along the skills to other rangers and allow us an avenue to continue to progress after capping out.

Just an idea...about rangers...yes I know...how completely expected.
NO!!!
nihprodne
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: MT

PostAuthor: Isadora » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:14 am

Get rid of the need for master server auth PMs or streamline it somehow. Hala, Arkaz both do without iirc. I've sent a handful of new players to Avlis to join and they promptly got overwhelmed with the process and impatient :/ People want to download their HAKS and hop IG all in one day. It's great that we're bringing old players back but there's plenty of potential new players floating around the NwN-o-sphere too.
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
Isadora
Scholar

PostAuthor: Cameron Klym » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:11 pm

And just another minor detail that would be nice to see. Horses IG should run a lot faster the IG people can, just saying. Maybe a perm haste or something like that , or make all horses have the speed when running of a certain lvl monk or something. Or Both?

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015

Timezone: -0700 GMT

PostAuthor: Katroine » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Would there be a way to make the familiars keep the appearance change option you chose so you do not have re-apply it every time you summon?
i.e. keep my familiar a house cat rather than panther
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Pekarion » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:29 pm

The Mikona Library Basement could use a revamp..

Technical:
* Ghost models missing torsos
* Unspottable/undisableable traps?

Balance:
* Very hard scythe-wielding ghosts
* Very hard traps
* Very hard locks
* next to nothing to be found in the containers or to be gained xp-wise. At least compared to the amounts of traps and spawns.
Ice-T on D&D:
"Dungeons & Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented. Every word you're saying is made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda.".
Pekarion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Pekarion wrote:The Mikona Library Basement could use a revamp..

Technical:
* Ghost models missing torsos
* Unspottable/undisableable traps?

Balance:
* Very hard scythe-wielding ghosts
* Very hard traps
* Very hard locks
* next to nothing to be found in the containers or to be gained xp-wise. At least compared to the amounts of traps and spawns.

All of this. The scythe crits were ridiculous.

Also, the mobs get stuck into the bookshelves that can be shot through.
Tangleroot
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Tel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:36 am

There are a few spells/abilities/items which are 'militant' related that don't work with ranged weapons and some that do (that maybe shouldn't)

See here for reference

Changes I'd like to see specifically
    Simple Alchemy elemental damage (same as for melee)
    Tyeduan Bane Cards (same as melee)
    Augment Crystals (allow them to work on equiped ammo for ranged weapons with requisite +AB)
    Greater Magic Weapon (allow it to add enchanted +AB to bows, or +Piercing to arrows)

Changes that I don't know that I want to see, but might be a good idea
    Remove the effects of:
    Bless Weapon
    Flame Weapon
    Darkfire
    **Blackstaff (dunno if it works even now)
    **Holy Sword (dunno if it works even now)
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: gutemensch » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:13 am

Might have posted it before or maybe not.

Method for repairing weaponsmith mishaps. Could be some expensive tool (one use) that allows for repriming a weapon after bad awful roll.
Nawen Wiki | Loash Leheven Wiki | Paradise Boutique and Emporium Wiki | FRAwen Wiki

2016 winner of The Micah Ormane Prize for Narcissism
gutemensch
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: -6
DM Avatar: Mishlekh

PostAuthor: surfer69 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:07 am

Consider changing the Holy Warrior smite damage to Divine across the board. As it stands, a Wightbane Draught renders you immune to Smite Good (negative energy), whereas Smite Evil incorporates the much tougher to resist positive kind.
"See, want, take. What else is there, right?"
surfer69
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:27 am

gutemensch wrote:Might have posted it before or maybe not.

Method for repairing weaponsmith mishaps. Could be some expensive tool (one use) that allows for repriming a weapon after bad awful roll.

+1!

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Bane TooVall » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:37 am

surfer69 wrote:Consider changing the Holy Warrior smite damage to Divine across the board. As it stands, a Wightbane Draught renders you immune to Smite Good (negative energy), whereas Smite Evil incorporates the much tougher to resist positive kind.

I disagree with this for a couple reasons. First, the Holy Warriors do not need to be made more powerful in any aspect. Second, I know the idea is to be uniformed, but uniformity is not always the way it is. Sometimes it is less powerful to be a certain type of HW or Cleric, but makes more sense RP-wise. Finally, I dont think it should be changed based on the mechanics used.

Sorry to post on the 'ask the team', but I didnt want all to think everyone was on board with this idea. Good thought though Surfer69!

Bane TooVall
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Bane TooVall » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:41 am

Could we get someone to check the chests at the end of dungeons/areas. Too many persistant look chests that are always empty. (too many have glowmoss or arrows of broken-ness after dropping 15k in potions to defeat the boss, but that is probably a different problem). Would help players to feel more rewarded for their efforts.

Bane TooVall
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Tel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:21 am

Avlis-Poison-Progression-System... because we need APPS!

Duration
    Bonus (max +50) = APPS_level/2 + Rogue/2 + Assassin Rounds
    0A/0R max = +0~50 rounds
    30A/10R max = +35~50 rounds
DC
    Bonus = APPS_level/2 (max +10) + Rogue/10 + Assassin/3
    0A/0R max = +10 DC
    30A/10R max = +21 DC
Effect, honestly if they lasted longer poisons wouldn't really need more effects but this is a few possible milestone bonus type things
    APPS_level 5, +1 elemental damage based on poison attribute element
    APPS_level 10, +1 AB when using poisons
    APPS_level 15, +1 effect to stat drain (drain d2 >> d2+1)
    APPS_level 20, +1 Vampiric
XP-gain
    on targets failed save % chance d(n) APPS XP degrading XP rate as you level
    • {(lvl 1,2 | d10), (lv 3,4 |d8), (lv 5,6 |d6), (lv7,8 |d4), (lv9+, d2)}
    • XP is only gained if the target would give you real XP (no dummy killing)
    on-use of a poison effect % chance d(n) APPS XP (only until level 3? to help get you going)

What this would do is Rogue/Assassin PC's would get a "out of the gate" bonus in the system, however all PC's who wanted to actively use poisons would be able to increase their effectiveness by just continuing to use them. Either practically in combat or basically with application.

potential problem being if you have a weapon with on-hit poison effects already and determining if you qualify for system-XP but hey I still like the concept!
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Lady_Ashling » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:56 pm

A change to Dev crit.
    Perhaps make it x2 dmg on crit?
    Another thing that would be cool would be a on/off command, similar to the one for monk speed
Lady_Ashling
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: Gmt

PostAuthor: Sathsarrion » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:59 am

Alter psionic Contact to have a beneficial effect on party members instead of the current debuff. Maybe raise the targets will save to equal the psions if it isn't already higher.
Sathsarrion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+10

PostAuthor: Angel of Death » Mon May 02, 2016 8:20 am

Remove the area transfer/portal to Hala on the deathplane of Ysgard. Was in Elysia atleast, not sure if it is the same across all the servers. When on a deathrun and you click on the portal you go to Hala naked.
Duhmash - Head Priest of the Bloodkin Tribe.
Raar - Big bad ogre
Fitz - Red Order Magus
Angel of Death
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: +1 GMT
DM Avatar: Maleki

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Wed May 04, 2016 1:14 am

While it's a deadhorse mostly, I'll not bring up my AMAZING ideas here that I know EVERYONE would love and support, even Katster. I'll suggest the only thing that's pretty much been widely agreed upon.

But really- a universal deathplane. If my lore is correct (going from old knowledge here, so could be wrong) officially when someone dies Dagath is in charge of overseeing that they go to the correct place. It was my idea that instead of having a variety of deathplanes, some of which are much easier than others, be removed and a "Dagath Waiting Hall" be implemented.

Halls of Dagath is the universal death plane. You can wait there where you are able to be raised/resurrected or you can continue on (talk to an NPC, go through an archway, walk down some mysterious hall, or whatever).

What "happens" once you go through the archway, talk to the NPC, etc. is unknown. Maybe you visited your plane and something happened and you returned. Maybe you smoked all the mellow and got kicked out. Maybe you kicked all the manes' asses. Doesn't really matter.

Not suggesting a change of consequences, additional penalties, etc. Just condense all into a single, universal deathplane that makes IC sense. If Dagath Halls don't, I'm sure something would.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Premonition » Wed May 04, 2016 5:42 pm

To hook in on Tel's idea above about poisons (APPS!)

A quicker fix (and one that will probably make poisons about as viable) is to simply increase the static duration of poisons. It wouldn't have to last half an hour or hours on end but perhaps just 2-3 or 4 minutes. The main issue I've noticed with poisons is that they fade almost straight away without the guarantee that each hit will trigger a poison save.

I was fooling around in the toolkit since a remort item didn't quite function as expected and delved into the poisons a bit and found out that changing the DC/time is quite easy.

I don't know if Avlis has heavily modified poison scripts but for the standard Bioware ones I could just change the duration in des_crft_poison.2da.

If this is considered a discussion on a suggestion then move or remove the post and I can post it elsewhere.
Lesli: He has "kick ass" written ten times on stone tablets. Those are his commandments
Premonition

Timezone: GMT +1

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team