Server Totals
Mikona - (11)
Le'Or - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Elysia - (0)
M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 11
Gallery

Links Menu

RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

Avlis Headlines - www.avlis.org

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: tq121 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm

I'll check in and join the party.



}8)
User avatar
tq121
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: London

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glantry » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Gaelyn Faerstryd wrote:
The Avlissian wrote: please list your player name and main character's name below if you plan to attend, as well as any groups your character is (or was) involved with.


Holy illiteracy epidemic!

Gaelyn Faerstryd
Char: Carek Smith, Order of Gorethar


If I can reload this game I'll try and make it as well, holy crap haven't played since 2004!!!

Player Vastan Thenald, Order of Gorthar (High Ordained retired)
User avatar
Glantry
Scholar
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Timezone: DST

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glocknal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:56 pm

OoG reunion!!
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...
User avatar
Glocknal
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Gainesville, Florida (EST)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glantry » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Glocknal wrote:OoG reunion!!


seems like it!

meant to write 2007 my bad
User avatar
Glantry
Scholar
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Timezone: DST

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Alustriel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Reinstalling NWN went rather smooth, the run as administrator I forgot, but figured it out. Downloading hak files went ok, only the alpha is pending now, hope that is done so i can test it a little.
Looks it will be fun :-)

Alustriel
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: GMT+1/+2 dst

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Seka » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Alustriel wrote:Reinstalling NWN went rather smooth, the run as administrator I forgot, but figured it out. Downloading hak files went ok, only the alpha is pending now, hope that is done so i can test it a little.
Looks it will be fun :-)

hooray!! :D
User avatar
Seka
CCC
CCC
 
Posts: 1304
Images: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:37 am
Location: Brooklyn
Timezone: EDT (GMT -4)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: amusedapathy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:27 pm

eeessh! Hiya to a bunch of folks that I've seen post here that I haven't seen in ages!

It's crunch time for finals right now, but I'll totally try to pop in on Sunday at some point... probably with Kili... but maybe with one of my many other alter ego's...
User avatar
amusedapathy
Sage
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:50 pm
Timezone: GMT -8

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glantry » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Crap! went around all my old stuff found every freekin' old games I had like Baldur's Gate, CIV III, but no NWN!

Guess I'll have to buy it online if I wanna join this weekend
User avatar
Glantry
Scholar
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Timezone: DST

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glocknal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Make sure to buy it soon and immediately request your cd keys from GOG. It mine take them a day to get it to ya
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...
User avatar
Glocknal
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Gainesville, Florida (EST)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Seka » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Glantry wrote:Crap! went around all my old stuff found every freekin' old games I had like Baldur's Gate, CIV III, but no NWN!

Guess I'll have to buy it online if I wanna join this weekend

*starts fundraising drive for Glantry*
User avatar
Seka
CCC
CCC
 
Posts: 1304
Images: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:37 am
Location: Brooklyn
Timezone: EDT (GMT -4)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Glantry » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:22 am

Seka wrote:
Glantry wrote:Crap! went around all my old stuff found every freekin' old games I had like Baldur's Gate, CIV III, but no NWN!

Guess I'll have to buy it online if I wanna join this weekend

*starts fundraising drive for Glantry*


LOL I should be ok,,, Downloading it now! This better work...
User avatar
Glantry
Scholar
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Timezone: DST

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: tizmo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:23 am

eggyt wrote:
eggyt wrote:
tindertwiggy wrote:
eggyt wrote:Just got the email. Hadn't realised the servers were still going. Been a long time since I was on would that mean my characters were since deleted as if I came back I'd want to keep them going.


There is a chance your character vault was moved from the live servers to a backup. What was your gamespy login?


Biggest issue is I cant remember. Id have thought it was the same as my forum ID but I dont think it is. I've been hunting about but to no avail. No idea where my old hardrive from the old PC is either so cant even hook that up and have a look to see if the ini file is on there with it. Its driving me mad not remembering.


More annoying is I found all the files I backed up from my old PC. Including all the old hak packs from Avlis. I even found all the files I had put together for Hala when I worked as DM and creator over there but no sign of my old ID or login.


If you have your old files, look in the nwn base directory for the file called nwnplayer.ini and search that file for "Player Name=" and "Password=". Those will be your gamespy ID/pwd.

Good luck!

tizmo
CCC
CCC
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Washington, DC
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: eggyt » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:19 am

tizmo wrote:
eggyt wrote:
eggyt wrote:
tindertwiggy wrote:
eggyt wrote:Just got the email. Hadn't realised the servers were still going. Been a long time since I was on would that mean my characters were since deleted as if I came back I'd want to keep them going.


There is a chance your character vault was moved from the live servers to a backup. What was your gamespy login?


Biggest issue is I cant remember. Id have thought it was the same as my forum ID but I dont think it is. I've been hunting about but to no avail. No idea where my old hardrive from the old PC is either so cant even hook that up and have a look to see if the ini file is on there with it. Its driving me mad not remembering.


More annoying is I found all the files I backed up from my old PC. Including all the old hak packs from Avlis. I even found all the files I had put together for Hala when I worked as DM and creator over there but no sign of my old ID or login.


If you have your old files, look in the nwn base directory for the file called nwnplayer.ini and search that file for "Player Name=" and "Password=". Those will be your gamespy ID/pwd.

Good luck!


Unfortunately the one thing not backed up was the game install files. I was just the hak packs and various modules I'd built for Hala. It's fine. I've started up some new characters.
Yohan Kurgenson

"Success is a journey, not a destination.... so stop running"

eggyt
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:30 am
Location: Edinburgh UK (GMT)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Paul » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Well, I got everything figured out and working (sorta) so I will try to join the fun. I work weekends though so I won't have time till late.

GSID: pjgwin
Char: Mitrik Sigers, Proud member of FEAT
User avatar
Paul
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Nor Cal (GMT -7)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: eggyt » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Oh and my new GSID is axenar. Look for the Kurgenson offspring kicking about.
Yohan Kurgenson

"Success is a journey, not a destination.... so stop running"

eggyt
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:30 am
Location: Edinburgh UK (GMT)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: ninja » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Siri will make an appearance.
Interested in being an interviewee or an interviewer for a community interview, send me a PM!
Go here for your custom DM item.
"Mages are over powered" - Spool32, previous head DM, said 300 times during Austin meet.
User avatar
ninja
Legacy DM
Legacy DM
 
Posts: 6604
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Timezone: GMT -5

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Jo' d » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Well I made it as far as getting NWN reloaded, however, I don't know how to find where the HAK & TLK files go. I looked thru the NWN files and can't find where they live. So without someone to guide me, I won't be able to make it. :(
PEACE PLEASE!

Jo' d
Silver Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: Somewhere called Ar-Kansas (-6 GMT)

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: ArtOfLight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:35 pm

I will be attending:

Khazak Silvershield (no orders or allegiances, faithful of Senath)
------==[K-S]==------
Khazak Silvershield, Defender of Clan Silvershield
Student of Battle Tactics
Follower of Senath

"Pound away, pound away oh evil hands;
the hammer breaks, the anvil stands!"
User avatar
ArtOfLight
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina
Timezone: GMT - 5/-4

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: ArtOfLight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Jo' d wrote:Well I made it as far as getting NWN reloaded, however, I don't know how to find where the HAK & TLK files go. I looked thru the NWN files and can't find where they live. So without someone to guide me, I won't be able to make it. :(


It's been a while since I've had to do it but I think:

.TLK files will go in the main NWN folder and a folder you make called "tlk"

.HAK files will go in a folder you created called "hak" either that or they go in your override directory. I don't remember which, I'm sure someone else can clarify.
------==[K-S]==------
Khazak Silvershield, Defender of Clan Silvershield
Student of Battle Tactics
Follower of Senath

"Pound away, pound away oh evil hands;
the hammer breaks, the anvil stands!"
User avatar
ArtOfLight
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina
Timezone: GMT - 5/-4

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: SirSatisfaction » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm new to Avlis, but i'm more then happy to come.

Cliff, the half-ogre monk.

SirSatisfaction
QA Tester
QA Tester
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 pm

SirSatisfaction wrote:I'm new to Avlis, but i'm more then happy to come.

Cliff, the half-ogre monk.

Welcome SirSatisfaction! New or old, we'd love to see you there.
User avatar
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble
 
Posts: 42
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Cameron Klym » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:20 pm

Indeed, welcome to Avlis , SirSatisfaction, because we all cannot get no Satis...ummm, nevermind. Yeah, so,anyways, welcome to you and all our other new and old and returning players!

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:34 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Timezone: -0700 GMT

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:39 pm

ArtOfLight wrote:
Jo' d wrote:Well I made it as far as getting NWN reloaded, however, I don't know how to find where the HAK & TLK files go. I looked thru the NWN files and can't find where they live. So without someone to guide me, I won't be able to make it. :(


It's been a while since I've had to do it but I think:

.TLK files will go in the main NWN folder and a folder you make called "tlk"

.HAK files will go in a folder you created called "hak" either that or they go in your override directory. I don't remember which, I'm sure someone else can clarify.


When i installed NWN from GOG, it already had a HAK-folder (related to the additional content) so drop all the HAK-files there. I had to make a TLK-folder myself. Both should be (created) under the main NWN directory.
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.


Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
User avatar
Khaelindra
Contributor
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 3:02 pm
Location: Almere, the Netherlands(GMT+1, GMT+2 in summer)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Glocknal wrote:Make sure to buy it soon and immediately request your cd keys from GOG. It mine take them a day to get it to ya


If anyone was too late with requesting the multi-player keys: i have a spare set as i already requested them from GOG but then found that i had saved my original keys in my important-stuff directory (imagine that...) so my GOG-keys are up for grabs.

Shoot me a PM if you need them, first comer gets. :)
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.


Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
User avatar
Khaelindra
Contributor
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 3:02 pm
Location: Almere, the Netherlands(GMT+1, GMT+2 in summer)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: RSVP for the Avlis Player Reunion!

PostAuthor: Psye Shaar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:15 pm

I'll pop in if time allows.

Probably Istrin
<Pleth> is that aris elf??
User avatar
Psye Shaar
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:25 am
Location: England

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis News

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot]