Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Realms of the Gods

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Realms of the Gods

PostAuthor: SaraEF » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Bear with me here because this might be a particularly nerdy one. Fairly warned ye be.

Okay, so, in D&D deity writeups you get some basic facts - what the God's called, what they do, their portfolio, suggested domains, alternative names they're known by, so on. The Avlis pantheon has all of this, except one thing - where they live. I can tell you, for example, that Ilmater (Forgotten Realms) lives in his personal realm of Martyrdom, a mountain in the Twin Paradises of Bytopia where no one can feel pain or weariness.

So, I'm wondering where the Avlissian Gods actually reside. Some of this is (partially) available information - Valok lives on Avernus, the first Hell, and Andrinor on Ysgard. That's still incomplete though, because it contains no details on their personal realm. Does Valok live in a fortress of solid gold? What's it called? Does it have any special properties? This information is traditionally pretty vague (one line, usually), but it's a very useful thing to know where you're thinking about a God's attitudes and powers.

To break this down in to questions...

* Where do the Avlissian Deities live? The Outer Plane that most closely matches their alignment seems obvious, but there are a lot of border planes (like Ysgard, Carceri, etc).
    * What are the names and properties of their realm within that plane? For example, does Maleki have his own personal layer of the Abyss? What's it like?
    * Are there any exceptions to the norm? Akadi in Forgotten Realms resides in the Elemental Plane of Air, for example.

Thanks!
SaraEF
RPotY 2014

Re: Realms of the Gods

PostAuthor: Plethora » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:09 pm

The team will get back to you soon!

I would agree with you, but then, we would both be wrong..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team