Elysia - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: GimpGenius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:22 am

Consider revamping the spell "Healing Circle" to be more in-line with the newer "Cure X Wounds" scripts.

Current implementation (per the Wiki): All friendly creatures within the area of effect are healed for 1d8 hit points plus 1 point per caster level (to a maximum of plus 20). Healing spells have a reverse effect when used on undead, harming instead of healing them.

Something along the lines of 1d6% of the PC's total health per 3 caster levels (max 5d6%) could make it more useful to casters without making it too crazy. Current implementation on items (if they exist) wouldn't change.

GimpGenius
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Is it possible to tweak the Lycanthrope system, so that the True Lycan Were-Tiger form comes available to followers of Stephanus. Or was Stephanus never a True Lycan?
It's good to be evil.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: nihprodne » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:06 pm

A slight revamping of the Bladethirst spell.

As of now, it operates more or less like a second class GMW. The runes cap at +6 as oppossed to +8 and the duration is much shorter.

Considering the name of the spell, would it be out of bounds to consider adding a sight degree of Vamp regen to it?

I don't know how hard or easy this would be, but it would make the spell much more useful in its current format and a viable alternative to begging for GMW after every rest.

Just an idea, thanks for listening.

-nihp
NO!!!
nihprodne
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: MT

PostAuthor: yorlik » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Idea:
A character journal forum with private journals visible only to the OP and the Team/DMs.

Problem:
Would need to be extra coded.

Reason / Reward:
One of the reasons not to create a character journal was that everything posted there is ICly visible.
I can't do that for my evil PCs. I wouldn't even post there if it were OOCly available only.
I also do not want to spam DMs with my secret character information. So the information is not available.
But to have an option to do so would be great I think.
DMs could -if they wished- look up what the PCs in their plots are up to
and shape/react as they wished to it, without everyone else seeing it.
But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
yorlik
Bronze Contributor

Timezone: CE(S)T

PostAuthor: Katroine » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 pm

I was sure I posted this before but alas, I could not find it.
I seem to be harping about newbie stuff and start areas but I love newbies.

A clothing/armor customizer in the start tent, maybe selling a few roleplay-ish items such as clothing, umbrellas, musical instruments, books, candles, etc., would be awesome. Arkaz has one and it makes starting a new character great. You get to walk out of the start tent with a few items/looks that help define your character by first appearance.

I know Pleth does this for new characters as well.
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: SaraEF » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:48 am

With the nerf to Dominator spell-like ability DCs, it's pretty disappointing how bad they seem to be at, well... killing mages. My Elf in a bathrobe shouldn't be able to ignore everything a divine mage-hunter can throw at her.

To fix this I propose changing Valok's Judgement entirely, to be something more along the lines of a Blackguard's Profane Weapon with a distinctly Dominator feel to it. Something like +1 enhancement per 5 levels and an on-hit Greater Dispelling at the Dominator's class level. It'd do a lot to reinforce the identity of the class as Valok's elite mage-keeling corps by giving them a class-defining ability an arcanist can't just effortlessly shrug off.
SaraEF
RPotY 2014

PostAuthor: Tel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Adjustment to Rez Rods. Currently they are 50 charges, 5 charges/use (so 10 uses). This leads to the possibility that they get destroyed (rather than recharged).

Could they be changed to 4/use (more uses, but more expensive to recharge I think) or 6/use (fewer uses, but cheaper to recharge I think)?
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Pekarion » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Beef up the "Under the western border/Blandenberg Sewers "area

I think the areas here could be a great lowbie dungeon with just minor tweaks to the spawns.

There's cool spawns there already (Undead M'Chekian soldiers, Lifestealers, Wights) but the area is huge and there's very few of them.
There's also traps in place(Gas, Paralyzation). Things that won't outright kill you but enough to warrant a rogue if you're a low level party.

It's so sequestered, and RP-wise a natural breeding ground for undead after the war.
It could be a fantastic larger dungeon for lvl 5-10 characters by just putting in more spawns.

Not so many loot containers but that isn't necessarily needed, if one wants to you could always put more weapon racks and similar left from the war.

Also; How many people know about/use the sewer in Blandenberg? ]8)
Ice-T on D&D:
"Dungeons & Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented. Every word you're saying is made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda.".
Pekarion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Katroine » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:46 pm

This may fall under "not fixable, hard coded" but it would be awesome if tents, campfires, campsite stuff could last longer or even pickup-able like the little stools.
Katroine

PostAuthor: Kandi_Nulein » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:36 am

I've always thought that cooking would be an awesome addition to the game. Especially if it used a campfire to prepare things on, think of the RP opportunities!!
Member of The Plethora Fanclub!

Currently playing: Roxxy (Kandi's ward), Flutterbye, a half sylph psion with a doll named Norman and Mungo Buggins, a rotund Hin with a pie eating problem.
Kandi_Nulein
Scholar

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: navink » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Some folding tables to go with the folding stools would be awesome for arranging outdoor parties.
navink
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: GMT+2

PostAuthor: Demonlady » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:06 am

These are the gods who do have druids: Dru'El, O'Ma, Pelar, Dre'Ana, Titania, Dagath, Skern, Balgar, Berryn, Cha'reth, Yeraiah and Verossa.

Considering the lack of options for evil characters I suggest adding Evrak (considering he's deity of Famine as well) and maybe some others as well.
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago".

Visit the H.E.A.L. website on: http://heal.ry-ky.com/index.php
Demonlady
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Kandi_Nulein » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm

How difficult would it be to have persistent map pins?

It's prolly been asked for before and I know Arkaz has it, but it would be an awesome addition to the game.
Member of The Plethora Fanclub!

Currently playing: Roxxy (Kandi's ward), Flutterbye, a half sylph psion with a doll named Norman and Mungo Buggins, a rotund Hin with a pie eating problem.
Kandi_Nulein
Scholar

PostAuthor: Aramithran » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:34 am

I'm thinking it would be pretty nice if there could be sessions in which a small scale RP adventure was written by a player. Like, you gather 4-5 players and have a humbly produced but well written/developed adventure and at the end you say "This adventure was written by X player". Kind of like a weekly or monthly short film festival where the players are the screenwriters and DM's are directors.
Aramithran
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: CDT

PostAuthor: Katroine » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:00 pm

A little less FOIG when it comes to holy places/temples/shrines that offer conversion.
A list of these places should be available on the wiki.
Katroine

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:18 am

Add improved forms for Greater Wildshape IV. It's the only basic Shifter feat that doesn't currently get improved forms, which is odd and leaves them under powered compared with the other 'epic' forms.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: navink » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 am

Considering how easy it is to get oils equivalent to bless weapon for anyone with a melee weapon, it should be possible to either buy or craft (with reasonable mats) undead arrows and bolts like the Elven holy arrows (2d6 magic damage vs. undead).

In my archers total carer I've seen less than a 100 of such arrows and just as few of the bolts.
navink
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: GMT+2

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Ginger in the "Coventry Fair Bazaar, Auction Hall" could use a private/whispered convo for her bartending/food sales.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 am

Remove the restriction on the number of uses of special abilities for shifter forms when Infinite Greater Wildshape III and IV is reached. Having to re-shift to the same form just to gain more uses of petrification gaze or the mindflayer stunning ability is a bit silly. It would also be in keeping with the other shifted form abilities (dragon breath, epic tlincalli, etc.)
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: BeyondInfinity » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 am

I am wondering if it is proper to add 50% bonus damage to "2 handed weapon" when "Power attack" and "Improved Power attack" feat is selected.

Because when on wielding 2 weapons, the off-hand weapon is receiving additional damage.
BeyondInfinity
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: +8

PostAuthor: Katroine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:05 pm

All of my posts here start with "Don't know if it is possible but..."

Don't know if it is possible but allow the alteration machines to be used for dyeing without skill, just similar cost as the dyes.
That would be awesome.
Katroine

PostAuthor: Elradra » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 am

I did a search but see it mentioned only once elsewhere in the forums and not here.

Mass See Invisibility spell?
Elradra

Timezone: Central US

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Add additional sections to the forums for general roleplaying help and advice. For instance, PnP compaigns, running adventures as a DM (on and offline), posting questions about mechanics, discussions about source books, etc. Anything to do with roleplay that doesn't fit into the existing forum sections.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: BeyondInfinity » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:00 am

Is it possible to hook the 'Blood Frenzy' spell to default to its own Barbarian Rager?
BeyondInfinity

Timezone: +8

PostAuthor: Eklektikos » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:52 am

Please consider removing the class restrictions from the item properties of metamagic rods.
Eklektikos

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team