Total players: 2
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Links Menu

Merchant's rest problem

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Merchant's rest problem

PostAuthor: Missian » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Hello there,

Since the Bloodkin have taken up recidence in a newly build cavern, I wanted to check Braq out of the rooms he hired at the Merchent's rest.. he had three rooms there room 4 room 8 and room 14.. I saved up rooms 4 and 8 with books alchemy supplies and some odd trinkets.. room 14 wasn't filled to the brim like the other two.. but had some medium leveled items in it stuff I kept for minions to have.. +2 stuff or character class specific.. not stuff I would miss out dirrectly but I miss them.. specially the alchemy supplies I've harvested over some year.. now when I entered the merchant's rest I went up to my room first room 4 then room 8 and then room 14 but all ported me back to the hireing lady's desk with the message:

you used a key

you are not a valid renter of this room.

Lost item: Room key

and that's it..

is this normal.. cause Braq didn't check his rooms for the last couple of months since I got swamped RL with a new job..
if so.. then alas.. if not.. is there a way I could regain some of the alchemy components and books..??

with regard,

Missian
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

Re: Merchant's rest problem

PostAuthor: refminion » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 am

It is normal.

If you don't pay the rent on an inn room then after a certain amount of time you cease to be the occupant.
Ferrell is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory....all beautiful scenery and little people...then you enter any cave and its like that boat ride from hell.

Storm|
refminion
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: yorlik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 am

I had this happen to me as well and -honestly- it's annoying and made me not renting inn rooms anymore.
It really would help a lot if the renting period could be optionally extended to an amount common
for holidays or normal real life absence, like 6-8 weeks - which would cover most RL issues.
Cheers
~Y.
But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
yorlik
Bronze Contributor

Timezone: CE(S)T

PostAuthor: Grunt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm

yorlik wrote:I had this happen to me as well and -honestly- it's annoying and made me not renting inn rooms anymore.
It really would help a lot if the renting period could be optionally extended to an amount common
for holidays or normal real life absence, like 6-8 weeks - which would cover most RL issues.
Cheers
~Y.

I don't think there has been any change to the inn room policy, but it always had been set to 90 days, which is about 13 weeks. Is this still the case?
FletcherWiki

*Stepping out of a portal*
Nawen Amakiir: there he is.. *smirks* someone had to make an entrance
Fletcher Millstone: MILLSTONE! *arms held high*
Lilliana Be'letane: You're the worst, Fletcher.
Grunt
CCC
CCC

Timezone: I AM A TIME LORD

PostAuthor: refminion » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 pm

To my knowledge this has not changed.
Ferrell is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory....all beautiful scenery and little people...then you enter any cave and its like that boat ride from hell.

Storm|
refminion
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: yorlik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 pm

refminion wrote:To my knowledge this has not changed.

It is entirely possible I was messed ...
However ... why not give everyone a rentable P-Chest he can dynamically access in the inn of his choice?
If the fee has run out the chest is locked and can only be accessed again, once the fee is payed.
The destruction of something you have worked for by game mechanics is simply a source of grief.
Cheers
~Y.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
yorlik
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: Plethora » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:42 am

yorlik wrote:

However ... why not give everyone a rentable P-Chest he can dynamically access in the inn of his choice?
If the fee has run out the chest is locked and can only be accessed again, once the fee is payed.
The destruction of something you have worked for by game mechanics is simply a source of grief.
Cheers
~Y.

Many inns and places have chests and/or rooms that you may purchase out right and you own. Please contact myself or any DM to get a list of p-chests/rooms and their cost if you want one.

The inn system is to get people to log in and pay rent, and much like in RL, if the rent isnt payed, then you will lost your stuff.

I would agree with you, but then, we would both be wrong..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

PostAuthor: yorlik » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 am

Plethora wrote:
yorlik wrote:

Cheers
~Y.

Many inns and places have chests and/or rooms that you may purchase out right and you own. Please contact myself or any DM to get a list of p-chests/rooms and their cost if you want one.

The inn system is to get people to log in and pay rent, and much like in RL, if the rent isnt payed, then you will lost your stuff.

Honestly - IRL you usually get stuff back.
But I don't want to moan here.
It's just my personal view, that this kind of stuff shouldn't
happen and Avlis is not a model of real life anyways.
However . game on!
Cheers
~Y. :wink:
yorlik
Bronze Contributor

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team