Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Links Menu

Heads for Character Creation

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Heads for Character Creation

PostAuthor: Faeldridge » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Gorgon wrote:Redundancy is good, so...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11117719/Avlis/Misc/head_files_all.7z for the original version linked up top, repacked without the __MACOSX folder, .DS_Store and New Text Document.txt files. 7-Zip compresses it down to less than 13 megs, but it is the same as the original 35 meg zip.

Thanks Hamlet and Gorgon, came in handy!
:D

Still surprises me though how many heads are invisible during char generation... I wonder why that is?...
Faeldridge
Scholar of Fools

Re: Heads for Character Creation

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Topic necromancy, but since I have to update every Dropbox link I had in my public folder (kill me now) for Dropbox public folder link changes, I wanted to mention this one has changed.

The first post by maxinion (and quote above) may not point to the new Dropbox link I fixed in my previous post, so I'm adding it here as well. You can download the file here: head_files_all.7z.

Faeldridge wrote:Still surprises me though how many heads are invisible during char generation... I wonder why that is?...

The invisible heads are also why we need this override to enable the rest. BioWare likes things to make sense, so it only uses heads that are numbered in order (1, 2, 3 and so on). The extra heads are numbered higher than others, and leave gaps in that order (so 50, 51 then jumps to 60). You have to click through all of those missing heads to get to the ones that do have models, and this override simply adds placeholders for them.

I could add a version that has an actual "No Head" model warning, so it would be even clearer, but hopefully everyone is smart enough to not run around CoPaP as a headless PC. :chainsaw:
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion