Total players: 6
Gallery
  • Ebony Order
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 am

Links Menu

Remorts: Questions Thread

Forum for customization options such as player housing, server reset requests, and getting help if you're stuck.

Moderators: Ronan, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Xeo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:07 am

Ghostie wrote:Xeo; if you have any questions the best thing to do is email staff@avlis.org and the team will get back to you about it.

Sure... I thought this was thread for enquirys and questions, my mistake and I apologise. No worrys I might do a email in the morning. :wink:

Thank you.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

Re: Retire your Epic and Start Fresh!

PostAuthor: nwmblondy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 am

Heya good folk of Avlis, I would like to bump the remorts.

Maybe you were thinking about this but for some reason decided not to for whatever reason, maybe you hadn't thought about it but now would like to or maybe you just missed it first time around.

If you have any questions, thoughts of things you'd like to do but are just not sure about anything at all, feel free to PM me and I will get back as soon as i can (spellchecker not included), theres peopel out there who have remorted and are very happy with the results and then of course theres Jazz, who we banned (yeah thats what happened to him) for trying to make a half sereg half wemic dual scimitar weilding shadow dancer, with assasian levels.

But seriously I want to hear from you, no matter how unlikely/stupid you thikn yoru question or remort idea is.

Thanks

nwmblondy
Bset typeer awayrd 07 and 08 and 09 2010 adn 2011
nwmblondy
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Well, my 2 cents and a few thoughts.

1. For the love of all that is good, make sure you really, really want to remort before doing it.
2. If you're doing a custom race remort, prepare for unforeseen problems. Your pc might have trouble with chairs, doors etc if they're strangely shaped or sized. It's not game-breaking but can be annoying.
3. If you're doing a strange-looking remort, prepare for unpleasantness (dare I say assholishness) from the direction of players. You might get tells and snide remarks calling you a 'cheese-changeling' and some people will do all in their power to make your play less enjoyable (which is fine IC but bit frustrating OOC).
4. Make sure you really want to remort, again.
Tangleroot
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Tangleroot wrote:3. If you're doing a strange-looking remort, prepare for unpleasantness (dare I say assholishness) from the direction of players. You might get tells and snide remarks calling you a 'cheese-changeling' and some people will do all in their power to make your play less enjoyable (which is fine IC but bit frustrating OOC).

Good points, but if the above situation happens to you - no matter what character you play - if you do feel griefed by a player in tells, please send a screenshot and/or any logs you have of the incident to the staff email address, every complaint is looked into and taken seriously. (staff@avlis.org)
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie

PostAuthor: DanishPastry » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

In line with Tangleroot's advice, if you belong to the group of "I quit. Now I'm back." people, then remorts probably aren't for you. It's a permanent goodbye to your epic PC so you have to be really really sure you can live with that without regrets.
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
DanishPastry

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Speedracer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm

how high a level is "epic" for this purpose. hit 20th and I qualify for a remort?

Speedracer

Location: Saskatchewan, Canada. Time never changes in the land of living skies.
Timezone: GMT -6 year round
DM Avatar: Maleki

PostAuthor: spool32 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:51 pm

Speedracer wrote:how high a level is "epic" for this purpose. hit 20th and I qualify for a remort?

21st.
Success will be lovely, but you will have to go out and get it! Failure will invite itself in.

Your donation makes this sig possible!
Monthly donations help you Lose Weight Fast!
DM 101
spool32

Timezone: GMT -6

PostAuthor: K'Tomma » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Here's something I thought of and wondered about. Let's say Player 264 decides to remote his epic character and chooses the NPC option for the epic. Then a few months later; Player 264 joins the ranks of the DMs. DM's have the option of possessing NPC's. Can Player 264 now; as DM zyx take possession of his old epic that is now an NPC .... or can he possess any NPC except that one?

http://aaerynn.mybrute.com
(kliking; making a brute and bexoming a pupil is welcomed)
K'Tomma
QA Resource

Timezone: Central Time (USA)

PostAuthor: Moredo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:15 pm

A DM can do whatever he wants is my guess. Who else would be better to play the NPC, than the dude who has played him from level 1 to 21+?
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: spool32 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:35 am

We have some guidelines about playing yourself as an NPC... in theory it's possible, but in practice the only DM who has done so was Choraldances.
Success will be lovely, but you will have to go out and get it! Failure will invite itself in.

Your donation makes this sig possible!
Monthly donations help you Lose Weight Fast!
DM 101
spool32

PostAuthor: llhht » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Hmm, only 2-3 more years 'til epic at my current rate!
Yarr!
llhht
CCC
CCC

Timezone: Central (-5)

PostAuthor: K'Tomma » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 pm

ok - thanks

http://aaerynn.mybrute.com
(kliking; making a brute and bexoming a pupil is welcomed)
K'Tomma
QA Resource

Timezone: Central Time (USA)

PostAuthor: Blue Wolfy » Wed May 14, 2008 3:46 am

i am 'considering' remorting my character "suki" Sakura Darksstar (fighter/cleric halfnyph in the COB) since ive not been on (and shes not been seen) in rl months. The cover story for my absense been shes been in training to become a equalizer in the basement of the fort near blandenburg all this time and hardly comes out for air.

1. Her armor and helm belong to the council of balance (shes just added other armors to it), would thiose be returned to the council first?, shes also got a AKA belt and a 4A uniform. I would assume the heir pc would not be auto joined to those guilds, and those items returned.

2. since its been rl months since i player her, IG time would it have been long enough for her to have a child? backstory she fell in love with a fellow student, or instructor and ended up pregnant to explain why suki hasnt even been seen by her best freind kate or her family in the COB

3. suki is a weaponsmith and tailor, would her heir (or son, if child is allowed) be able to start with a a small boost to either skill. ive not seen trade skills mentione about heir, but one would naturally assume that one would teach their heir skills to carry on a trade. ((suki also has severa outfit patterns in her out of home buisness "KISS Specialty Cloths" they all are basic normal cloths just original suki designs and renamed but there is a dozen or so, would the heir have access to them if it took over the buisness))

thats all the questions i could remember for now, nomatter the answers thanks for your time on them.
I only feel myself, when i'm sombody else.
http://wiki.avlis.org/PCs:Sakura_Darkstar <last update Jan 22 '07>
http://wiki.avlis.org/PCs:%27Coco%27_Coranthia <last update Jan. 22, '07>
Blue Wolfy
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: spool32 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Blood relatives aren't allowed... we won't break our pregnancy rule even for remorts. If you want to pass on items to an heir, it'll have to be some other story.

Guild items should either be kept or given back according to the IC rules your guild set up. AKN belt and 4A uniform you probably don't need to worry about, but the CoB would likely appreciate getting their merged armor back.

We could work with the trade skill request and the patterns. Shoot me or Jazz a PM with your complete request and we'll get cracking on it.
spool32

PostAuthor: Katroine » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:41 am

Is there someone in particular handling remorts on the team that could answer a few questions? Is it still spool32?
"However friendly they may seem, they must be corrupt to the core, and I must never forget that."
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Lesli » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:20 am

I thought the rule was that your character could get pregnant, but only if you NPC-ified them and never played them again ever? Isn't that one of the remort options?
Hyacinth Pike- Winner '08: Spanish Inquisition Award, Skywalker Award
Sir Haverith- Honorable Mention '08: INT 03, Most likely to transmit spite sexually. Winner '09: Int 03. Honorable mention 09: Chaotic Awesome
Lesli
RPotY 2008

PostAuthor: Cuxn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 am

Hmmmm...I wonder If I should retire Cuxn?
HHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................
no more short sword of speed? no more belt of invurlability....

just a thought...

P.S.
For all of you that a jonesin for a fix

LOL LOL LOL!!!
<Cuxn> what have you been up too?
<Aralee> 10 banana's

Cuxn
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Pekarion » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:12 am

I say do it Cuxn! get back in the game anew!
Ice-T on D&D:
"Dungeons & Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented. Every word you're saying is made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda.".
Pekarion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi, I recently came back (again) to Avlis. Someone suggested a remort, which I'd never considered before, but I guess is a possibility now. Inevitably I have a few questions...

A. Significant Item/Gold transfer to Guilds. No Item limit and up to 25% or 2 million gold, whichever is less.

Can it be any guild, or does it have to be one that I was a member of? I rather be donating gear to a guild with a good and active player base, etc.

B. No Property transfer to new PC. All property is auctioned off by the Epic, and added to their gold or item total, or becomes an NPC home.

I never owned any property, so no questions there.

C. 1 of the following:
- New PC starts with 3 nice items. 2 of which can be Custom Items with background describing how they got it. Power of items is limited to the strength of the 3 best items not given away by the Epic PC.

You mean the new PC starts with 3 nice "new" items (or are they somehow harvested from the retired epic?). If the former, then do I get to chose these items?

And the next line... "power of the items is limited to the strength of the 3 best items not given away by the Epic PC". So, e.g. if I decided to not donate say a +4 armor, +3 weapon, +4 cloak ... in which case they go to The Team I guess or trashed or whatever*, then my new PC could somehow get something equivalent for his 3 "new" items, i.e. +4, +3, +4 ? Sounds too good to be true... is it? :wink:

(How is this calculated, by toolset value etc?)

D. 1 of the following:
- Retired Epic becomes NPC.
- New PC has appearance changed to model of a nonstandard custom race, subject to approval from the Team.
- New PC gets 2 bonus levels.

Tantalizing options. No questions.
Jaybob wrote:<walks away humming Avlis music>
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: ninja » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Can it be any guild, or does it have to be one that I was a member of? I rather be donating gear to a guild with a good and active player base, etc.

I would say something that you are a member of, or at least are friends with. We don't want Thorfinn to remort, then give all of his gold to the reavers, because his new PC may be a reaver (although that would break celedor's heart)

You mean the new PC starts with 3 nice "new" items (or are they somehow harvested from the retired epic?). If the former, then do I get to chose these items?

You can pick items from the pallete, or come up with a neat idea for custom items, with descriptions and properties.

And the next line... "power of the items is limited to the strength of the 3 best items not given away by the Epic PC". So, e.g. if I decided to not donate say a +4 armor, +3 weapon, +4 cloak ... in which case they go to The Team I guess or trashed or whatever*, then my new PC could somehow get something equivalent for his 3 "new" items, i.e. +4, +3, +4 ? Sounds too good to be true... is it? :wink:

(How is this calculated, by toolset value etc?)

You can get equivalent stuff. For example, if you donate a +3 ring of protection, you can get a +3 AC boots or +2 sword that does 1d4 cold, or something similar.All of that is a judgement call. If we went by toolset value, people would trade in +5 amulets for boots of speed or dragon slippers. That is bad.

if you have detailed questions, send a note to staff@avlis.org. Also, figure out a backstory so we can help customize the items for you.
Interested in being an interviewee or an interviewer for a community interview, send me a PM!
Go here for your custom DM item.
"Mages are over powered" - Spool32, previous head DM, said 300 times during Austin meet.
ninja
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: nwmblondy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:43 pm

*Bump*

This is active as ever guys. Also if your one of those that lurks the boards cos you have nothing else to do with you PC, why not enquire?
nwmblondy

PostAuthor: Sapperken » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

I have a question on this newfangled process.

I want to remort, but don't want to remort my only epic character. Could I remort Hert Snyder instead? I've been wanting to turn him into an undead priest for the longest time.
Sapperken

Timezone: GMT -4
DM Avatar: Dagath

PostAuthor: krackq » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I would say something that you are a member of, or at least are friends with. We don't want Thorfinn to remort, then give all of his gold to the reavers, because his new PC may be a reaver (although that would break celedor's heart)

awww.. 17K gold isn't enough for a decent sacrifice party and definitely not enough to pay for a hit on the High Paladin of Gorethar
[Celedor Dedwend: [Talk] *turns around and shakes ass before giving it a sharp slap*
Celedor Dedwend: [Party] ((this is my finest RP beyond a shadow of a doubt.. my zenith if you will))
Fydonya Ivythorn: [Party] that's sad celedor..
krackq
Jugglebutt Jones

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Belasco » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:37 pm

krackq wrote:Thorfinn ... remort

*readies some arrows, a staple gun, and a large bottle labeled "horn polish"*
R. H. wrote:Why do some people blame everyone but themselves for their problems, if they don't get that they are the problem, than there is no solution!
Belasco
Silver Contributor

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: nwmblondy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Sapperken wrote:I have a question on this newfangled process.

I want to remort, but don't want to remort my only epic character. Could I remort Hert Snyder instead? I've been wanting to turn him into an undead priest for the longest time.

Newfangled, weve been doing it for over a year!

Myself and Jazz tried to remort Aeveras without him knowing, apparently "thats not on" so yes it does have to be one of your own PCs, alledgedly. If you can prove to me you play Hert, Ill do it for you.
nwmblondy

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: DM Assist